Sponsored

Bullitt Conquers Tail of the Dragon

ecumkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Had a chance to take the Bullitt to the Tail of the Dragon in Deals Gap, TN on the TN/NC border the last weekend in October. This is a great time to go because you also get the enjoyment of all the leaves changing. We could not have asked for any better weather or scenery. If you get a chance to go I would highly recommend. One of the best parts is the professional photographers that are stationed along the way. Got some great shots of the car and really enjoyed turning some head there as well. Highly recommend.

TOD sideedit-129Slayer.jpg

TOD_129_bestside.jpg

TOD_skyway_me.jpg

TOD_front crop.jpg
Sponsored

subframe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt 2014 F350
Looks like a great time! What wheel and tire setup are you running? Not looking to copy for my 2019 Bullitt, but looking for some ideas. Thanks

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Beautiful Bullitt!

How was traffic? And at what time where you there?

I’d love to drive up there and experience it for myself, but not if I have to eat my steering wheel in frustration while following a slug on wheels.

OP
OP
ecumkh

ecumkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
OP
OP
ecumkh

ecumkh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Beautiful Bullitt!

How was traffic? And at what time where you there?

I’d love to drive up there and experience it for myself, but not if I have to eat my steering wheel in frustration while following a slug on wheels.
We went on a Saturday so it was busy as you would expect. I ran it 6 times and a couple of the times I just had to hang back and let the slower cars go ahead. That being said, dont think that you would not be that slug. There is always someone faster than you on the Tail. I would just let them run if I felt like I was being pushed or appreciate it when they let me by. Overall highly recommend.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is there a posted photographer at those specific locations of the photos or just set up cams where you can get the images afterwards?

I see a lot of photos online from there and all the images look like similar spots along the drive.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I live in the general area. Not real close but close enough to have been on the road a few times. Not all fun and games. I get my local news from Knoxville TN. Seems there are plenty of wrecks on that stretch of road. Maybe more motorcycles than cars are wrecked.
Not sure if things are better now but just a few years ago the ambulance and other first responders had issues getting to and then getting out seriously hurt folks. Likely helicopters are used but likely few places where one can land.

It is a public road and from some TV reports the law is also aware of the popularity of that stretch of road.

If you happen to be in Pigeon Forge (PF) TN, you might want to try hwy 321. Runs from PF to Townsend TN and passes through Wears Valley in the foothills of the Smokies. Turn at light #3 if memory serves. From Townsend TN you can choose to take a few routes. Back thru the National Park or out toward Maryville and eventually Knoxville or other places.

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a posted photographer at those specific locations of the photos or just set up cams where you can get the images afterwards?

I see a lot of photos online from there and all the images look like similar spots along the drive.
Yes, along stretches of the Dragon and then you go to website to Purchase. I was there for Ponies in the Smokies earlier this year and did the Dragon/purchase pics.
Sponsored