Sponsored

Broken MT82 at 12k Miles – Stranded 500 Miles from Home

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Makes me wonder about mine being pretty difficult to get into 2nd most of the time under normal throttle. If you bring the RPM's up it shifts better but that's not "normal" driving conditions and it makes it tough for my wife to drive it sometimes. I had it looked at and of course they told me everything was normal but I don't buy that one bit...
Sponsored

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 Mustang GT
I'm curious. What day was your car made on? Mine is going to be made on a Monday, so I was just wondering.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
...and people wonder why I went auto for my S550 :doh:

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm curious, where were you at when you filmed this? The scenery is beautiful.

Hope you get your issue fixed soon though.

OP
OP

Armo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ui
I'm curious. What day was your car made on? Mine is going to be made on a Monday, so I was just wondering.
Not sure what affect it might have, but FWIW my car finished assembly right before thanksgiving (Friday November 26th).

I'm hesitant to share this info because I think Cotus and the Ford ordering processes is awesome - IMO the best car purchasing experience. I'd hate them to nerf the order tracking because of our superstitious assumptions.

https://mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=372243#post372243
1cotus.jpg

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Not sure what affect it might have, but FWIW my car finished assembly right before thanksgiving (Friday November 26th).

I'm hesitant to share this info because I think COITUS and the Ford ordering processes is awesome
Fixed. :)

SeanR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 Mustang GT
I get what you're saying, but that seems like a large coincedence to me that it happened on a Friday before a holiday. I think there's some truth to the fact that workers are less dependable on Mondays and Fridays (look at the government), but it's not as substantial as some make it seem. I'm in no way worried about mine, I was just curious.

Sean

OP
OP

Armo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ui
I get what you're saying, but that seems like a large coincedence to me that it happened on a Friday before a holiday. I think there's some truth to the fact that workers are less dependable on Mondays and Fridays (look at the government), but it's not as substantial as some make it seem. I'm in no way worried about mine, I was just curious.

Sean
I would think that my problem is an internal transmission issue and that any build defect already took place weeks before. If I had to guess the entire transmission was simply dropped into place on the Ford build date - not much could go wrong.

I also should mention that I have a small amount of expertise in Reliability Engineering and I've never seen anyone account for Holidays or weekends when evaluating manufacturing defects.

Sean - TLDR Don't stress over the build date your car.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Armo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ui
It also looks like CA Willow Springs...Nonetheless, I want to drive down there for some photography.

Nope, but good guess.

I am in the California desert though.

OP
OP

Armo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ui
Not much to update this post within. Dealer did not return my call so I contacted the regional customer service representative and created a case to have them follow up with the dealership.

Now I'm starting to feel very frustrated.

Trying to stay positive so here is a picture of my car.
image.jpg

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
May have a rent a uhaul truck and trailer to tow it home, sucks, but giving you an option. Good luck

SLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
This is horrible, sorry this happened man. With all the noise mine makes in first and second when cruising a slow speeds I'm scared this is in my future.

It does make this pic a little funnier though

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
I feel for you man...thats got to be a horrible feeling. Having to trust your Mustang to who ever out in Dog Patch would be the shites.

I have to tell you...I'd flat bed that thing the heck out of there and move on. It will cost more up front but piece of mind will be priceless.

Reminds me of that movie U Turn with Shawn Penn and Billy Bob Thornton. Billy the podunk wrench totally screws his 1965 Mustang. :)
image.jpg
Sponsored