Sponsored

Broke Built MT82

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Your power level does not even come close to max out the RST Your #s D1SC Procharger Stage II 644whp/531tq are well within the RST limits. I ran the MT82/RST and when I pulled it it never failed. 793/643 are my #s Runs perfect. I am now running the Magnum XL Tremec. The RXT is a shock to the trans gears. Virtually no give with the RXT.
You're running the RST and its holding fine at the track making about 800whp?
Still have yet to purchase a clutch and i've been torn for a while.
I'd LOVE to get away with running the RST at the track to try and keep this MT82 alive.
I have yet to track the car yet, but im slowly getting there where it would be do-able without destroying shit with a sticky tire.
It's probably best I just save headache and swap to a 6R80 but I love manual transmissions
Sponsored

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just joined this club. I blew my built mt82 on its first pass down the track. Where are you guys buying the magnum xl ? D&D or someone else ?
Who built your MT82? Very disappointing to hear, these "built" MT82's seem weaker then OEM. Did builder take care of you?

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Who built your MT82? Very disappointing to hear, these "built" MT82's seem weaker then OEM. Did builder take care of you?
Ben Calimer's stage 2 build, said to hold 850 whp. And no he did not.

In his defense though he warned me against the RXT and the MT82

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Ben Calimer's stage 2 build, said to hold 850 whp. And no he did not.

In his defense though he warned me against the RXT and the MT82
Yeah when I went through my 2nd one I contacted him about rebuilding it. He told me then even with his stage 2 I would probably break it with the RXT I was running...that was enough to convince me to go with the TR6060.

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
I was warned about my rxt clutch and my power level by the builder. This is a whipple car on e85 with a 20% lower and a 3" upper-boost is in the low twenties. I was stubborn and thought I won't power shift or speed shift- it will be fine. I couldn't have been more wrong. I would tell anyone over 750 rwhp to seriously consider the magnum or 6060 swap sooner than later. Fortunately I found a 6060 and I'm sending it to Calimer for a stage 1 build.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I was warned about my rxt clutch and my power level by the builder. This is a whipple car on e85 with a 20% lower and a 3" upper-boost is in the low twenties. I was stubborn and thought I won't power shift or speed shift- it will be fine. I couldn't have been more wrong. I would tell anyone over 750 rwhp to seriously consider the magnum or 6060 swap sooner than later. Fortunately I found a 6060 and I'm sending it to Calimer for a stage 1 build.
I would go ahead and do the stage 2 since he has it. low 20's should be pretty close to the max on the stage 1. Ill be sending mine back to upgrade to stage 2.
Sponsored