Sponsored

Brief intro, '16 GT Convertible purchasing intention/questions and misc rambling

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
What is Moose Munch coffee?!?
Hahaha, yeah, that was kind of random :D

There's a Harry & David's right down the street, it's like a gift/seasonal food retailer, you've probably seen them, or something like them .

Anyway, they have a bunch of popcorn products, one is caramel and chocolate, so this coffee has kind of the same flavor. We're big coffee people :)

22278160158_3225d718fe_c.jpg
Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
lol, Ill need to get some Moose Munch. We have a dealer here that is a destination location and it will do most of its business online. There are never customers there but cars move, well the trucks move anyway. You can walk in there with a ton of cash and it doesn't excite them either.

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Paperwork in hand, completed, ready to return :) I'm trying to get the dealer off their ass to go ahead and schedule the transport pickup today (for tomorrow), vs. waiting another whole day.

Being without a second car is killing me ...

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OK. Our new ride is on the transport. It should be here by Friday, stoked for the Sunday afternoon cruise (Florida weather permitting).

Did I mentioned I was *Stoked* :D

I will post some pics of the car when I receive it, but this is what I wound up buying:

2016 GT Premium Convertible
Manual 6-speed
Shadow Black

Options:
Redline Premier interior
GT Performance Package
401A
Adaptive Cruise Control
Reverse Park Assist
Navigation System

I think that's about every option :)

PonyVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP Conv
I don't want to keep hijacking your thread MaskedRacerX...but I picked mine up on Monday...about 5 months earlier than expected!!! It wasn't my first color choice, but they gave me a deal that I couldn't refuse. :D

I'll post more photos after my detailer is done with the paint correction and Cquartz application. I've only put about 50 miles on it...but trust me, you're gonna love it!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I don't want to keep hijacking your thread MaskedRacerX...but I picked mine up on Monday...about 5 months earlier than expected!!! It wasn't my first color choice, but they gave me a deal that I couldn't refuse. :D

I'll post more photos after my detailer is done with the paint correction and Cquartz application. I've only put about 50 miles on it...but trust me, you're gonna love it!!

Holy shit my friend congratulations.

You'll _never_ guess what car I bought ... :D

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It's here ... and it's f***ing fantastic ... !!

Halloween delivery :D Black, black wheels, RED interior, maybe I'll call it the Grim Reaper.

OK, carving, setting up strobes, fog machines (we go all out), pics in a new thread and follow up tomorrow.

Some quick notes:

PP is perfect - the whole package feels put together, both from a driving and an aesthetic perspective.

It's amazing how far car electronics have come in the past few years.

Shaker sounds fantastic to me.

Mmmm ... 5 liter Coyote ...

The whole family loves it.

*BOOYA*

Truemen911

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

Halloween delivery :D Black, black wheels, RED interior, maybe I'll call it the Grim Reaper.

OK, carving, setting up strobes, fog machines (we go all out), pics in a new thread and follow up tomorrow.

Some quick notes:

PP is perfect - the whole package feels put together, both from a driving and an aesthetic perspective.

*BOOYA*

Congrats!

PonyVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP Conv

Some quick notes:

*BOOYA*
Woohoo!!! Congrats man!! Couldn't have said it better myself...the GT/PP convertible rocks!! :headbang:

Last edited:

dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Vert 6M PP MagRide AE FPTune Vel./Mid.Blue
Woohoo!!! Congrats man!! Couldn't have said it better myself...the GT/PP convertible rocks!! :headbang:
Except if you ordered in June ... and it was placed retail rather than stock ... and didn't get built 'till 9/29 ... and then got recalled before it ever left the plant ... and are now trying to be optimistic that it will arrive by Christmas.
:frusty:

But the car in your driveway looks great!!
:ford:
(The above is not meant ironically at all.)

Sponsored

dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I forgot! AND that you're trying to trade in or sell a 2011 Mustang Convertible, that still has the open airbag recall on it. With no remedy in sight. So the Ford dealer promises a lowball offer (seriously, they already admit they'll come in low) on the trade due to the open recall, trying to say they have no business relationship with their exclusive-agreement manufacturer. (WHAT?!) And other buyers (e.g. Carmax) say they need to reduce their offer since we're past convertible season in NorCal. (Which we are, but we wouldn't have been if a stock order had been placed and I took delivery as expected around Labor Day.)

If this car isn't perfect when it finally arrives, I will refuse it with a shit-eating grin on my face and head over to the Chevy dealer. I could get used to this "Camaro" thing.

dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION], does this register with you? (See above please...)

You have been very helpful in providing us with whatever information that you can, and you clearly care about us and put in overtime for us.

But honestly, and I say this with the utmost respect ... What good is Customer Service if you can't really *do* anything?

We don't have trivial complaints. We are enthusiasts who *want* to buy your company's product.

Shouldn't Customer Service be geared toward people like us?

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Awesome MRX! Can't wait to see pics!

2badknees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Convertible

Some quick notes:

*BOOYA*
Congrats!

OP
OP
MaskedRacerX

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OK. Getting a little more comfortable with the car :)

We took a fun ride last night (we = me, wife, little G) through the old city, out to the beaches, ate outside at this great joint, cruised down A1A and back over/up/around US1 :D

The motor is so smooth, love how the power comes on, not the sudden kick in the pants like huge displacement (or turbo), but also not terribly peaky (like 'yo VTEC').

It's quite a light show when you get on some dark roads! Audio was pretty fantastic even with the top down.

I pulled the assist spring on Sunday, so much better, a little more effort, way easier to regulate release, linear, pickup point is easily felt.

Used the adaptive cruise too, wow, neat.

I've also determined it's a little too quiet ... even for this old guy.

I also realize I should probably post pics at some point ... :lol:
Sponsored