Breaking necks/compliments

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
I have had Mustangs since my teens so now that I am almost 50 it's not what I consider mid-life just continuing life crisis!!
Exactly! It really is a full life crisis. Sometimes I wish I didn't care about cars. Oh how cheap and simple life would be if I was content in a three thousand dollar hundai.
Sponsored

Rascalrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP Prem.
Exactly! It really is a full life crisis. Sometimes I wish I didn't care about cars. Oh how cheap and simple life would be if I was content in a three thousand dollar hundai.
Lol My DD is a 2000 F150 and I fight the urge to mod it everyday!! :ford:

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Lol My DD is a 2000 F150 and I fight the urge to mod it everyday!! :ford:

Hahaha just yesterday I was trying to locate a reputable local shop to do a crank relearn on my truck so I can install a tuned black bear ecu in my pickup truck.

The hassle of long tubes in Cali is where I'm considering drawing the line :p

Secretly hoping the 4l60 starts to die soon so I have an excuse to get it built and put in a 3000rpm stall. The tune should help speed up this process, shhh, don't tell the wife lol. Of course then I'll be obligated to get some cam to compliment the high stall.

Oh god help us.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Pumping gas last night, and as I'm standing there, another older Mustang drives by, and a girl from inside yells out at me "Sexy Car!!!!". :headbang:

SkapeGote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
1997 f150
I was driving the other day and ran into a woman who lives up the street from me. She took a very long hard look at the car and said "That is one capable looking machine, any chance you can use it to pick up a washing machine for me?". That's when I realize I still drive a 97 F150 and don't have a Mustang. Sigh

Skape

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Sat night I'm getting gas and pull next to a Guy doing the same with a Challenger. I get out and he says "wow,that's a really nice Mustang" . I thank him and say that his cars really nice as well. We get to talking and he asks if mines the V8, I tell him it's the 6 and ask the same and his is a 6 as well. We kinda congratulated eachother on our smart buying decisions with a couple of jokes and then we drove off.

Yesterday I'm on Long Island with my wife visiting my in laws and while we are at a light, this guy in a Blue 08 or 09 Saleen 281 pulls next to me and the guy is like "that's a hot Mustang" I say the same right back. All in all I'm glad to see enthusiasts talking to eachother. I've always said cars are the great equalizer. No matter your money, political or social standing, if you have a nice car or admire nice cars, you can pretty much always strike up a conversation and agree on stuff. It's very cool.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I find it kinda funny that a car as common as a mustang gets so much attention, although I do think the new body and colors/wheel options are a pretty significant change. I've owned mine for not quite three days and already all this..

1. Eyeballing from a couple mustang drivers cruising yesterday
2. Revving from a 94-ish model
3. At least 3 sport compacts revving at me
4. Random eyeballing
5. Girl crossing busy traffic this morning eyeballing it and probably risking her safety.
6. Advance auto employees walking off duty to ogle it while I was inside looking at floor mats. That turned into a 10 minute walkaround and chat.
7. Tailgating and revving by a sport compact + hard shifting takeoff after I made my turn into A&W, and I'm about 90% certain the same freakin car came back there and sat in the parking lot eyeballing me while I sat parked, waiting on the food. Maybe they intended to harrass me some more and get me to race? They eventually drove off since A&W was apparently never gonna bring my food out. They would have been disappointed anyway..lol

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Today I had this WTF moment..

I got a good laugh out of this one. The best part of this isn't the fact that people are looking, and not even the fact there there are four of them taking pictures..it's how they sprinted up with such enthusiasm to get those pics. You might as well have been an international celebrity or floating on a spaceship..LOL

ied0135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB EB PP MT
Went to fill up and saw a few people kinda hovering outside the convenience store. I start pumping gas and a questionable woman walks up behind me and says "Badass Mustang!" I said thanks and she started walking past my car towards the front. I thought I was done with her but she was walking around the whole car, looking.

She then came back towards me and said "Hey, sorry to bother you but can you spare a few bucks?" Uuuuugggggghhhh :frusty:

STANGBOY

I Drive Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
On my way to work some kid driving with his dad rolled down the window and said I had a nice car LOL it was great cause at the time it was 100% stock

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Went to fill up and saw a few people kinda hovering outside the convenience store. I start pumping gas and a questionable woman walks up behind me and says "Badass Mustang!" I said thanks and she started walking past my car towards the front. I thought I was done with her but she was walking around the whole car, looking.

She then came back towards me and said "Hey, sorry to bother you but can you spare a few bucks?" Uuuuugggggghhhh :frusty:
How about, no, I'm not your brother. And if I give money away the bank will send the hook after my car when I can't pay for it.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Noticing a lot of secret creepers, as soon as I glance their way you would think they get whiplash with how quick they turn and try to play it off

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I got this a lot on my recent US trip - always at petrol stations.

Why petrol stations? It happens over here as well but usually just on city streets.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
At the convenience store/gas station i got a coffee and while in the store a guy comes up and said your exhaust sounds amazing. What kind is it? I said thanks and it's a Corsa exhaust.
Sponsored

Last edited: