• Total voters

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I guess i need to go to the dealership...

Edit - Just emailed my dealership's service dept and CC'd the Service Manager.... to be continued.
Mine do that all the time. Dealership said that was normal.

Good luck.
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium

Rob08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I guess i need to go to the dealership...

Edit - Just emailed my dealership's service dept and CC'd the Service Manager.... to be continued.
Mine sound exactly the same and Port Richey Ford told me that it was "normal." Although when I played them a similar recording that you posted - they said that they couldn't duplicate it and until they can they wont do anything about it. Since I am heading to training for 4 months - I guess mine has to wait until July :frusty:

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
i have a 2015 GT PP and its my rear brakes that are squealing, mostly on the passenger side. is there a fix for this ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zefmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6
Yes I have the v6 and they squeal!!!!
all around or just the rears? cause on my v6 the rears squeal sometimes, mostly when the car has been sitting for a couple of hours and they only squeal at low speeds.

I've went to the dealer and they said its "normal"

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
all around or just the rears? cause on my v6 the rears squeal sometimes, mostly when the car has been sitting for a couple of hours and they only squeal at low speeds.

That IS Normal.

It says so right on your owner's manual:

GENERAL INFORMATION
Note: Occasional brake noise is normal.

It's the nature of all disc brakes by design. The rotor friction surface is exposed to the environment, therefore moisture and humidity will accumulate on the friction surface, which causes brake noise as the vehicle is first driven.

Noise will be more apparent on higher performance brake systems like the Mustang due to the composition of the brake pad friction material.

DeepImpactGTny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Deep Impact Blue MT PP
Got rid of horrendous squeal and groan on my GT PP brembos.

All it took was

Permatex 09128 Copper Anti-Seize Lubricant
Permatex 82450 Non-Chlorinated Brake and Parts Cleaner
Permatex 24125 Ceramic Extreme Brake Parts Lubricant

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-0912...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-8245...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-2412...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

If anyone is interested in the write up I can put something together. But my brakes are dead quiet now even with low speeds and in the morning after spending the night in the garage.

Edit: its back :(

Last edited:

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I have horrendous front brake noise on my GT when turning right or left into a driveway or parking spot. 15k miles with 20" wheels and standard brakes.

My dealer is telling me that since I dont have the performance package the TSB doesn't apply to me and there is nothing they can do.

What a crock of s**t. This is obviously a known problem on all models.

Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang

nope it's the fronts

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
I have horrendous front brake noise on my GT when turning right or left into a driveway or parking spot. 15k miles with 20" wheels and standard brakes.

My dealer is telling me that since I dont have the performance package the TSB doesn't apply to me and there is nothing they can do.

What a crock of s**t. This is obviously a known problem on all models.
Your dealer is incorrect.

The TSB applies to all GT models without the Performance Pack, and to all Ecoboost models with the Performance Pack. The reason is that they both use the same brake system.

The TSB number is 15-0030.

As far as a "known problem on all models", that is simply wrong. Non-Performance Pack Ecoboost models don't have the resonance issue, and neither do GT Performance Pack models. The intermittent brake noise that GT PP models make it normal due to the high performance calipers and pad compound.

Anyone who complains about an intermittent brake noise from a GT PP doesn't understand the capability and characteristics of the track ready brake system they bought. People like yourself who bought the regular brake system have TSB 15-0030 to address a repetitive squeal issue.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I have Brembo's and no noise at all.
This - GT w/PP and no brake noise. As others have said - take it to the damn dealer, thats why you have a 3yr/36k Bumper to Bumper warranty. If its broke they will fix it.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Your dealer is incorrect.

The TSB applies to all GT models without the Performance Pack, and to all Ecoboost models with the Performance Pack. The reason is that they both use the same brake system.

The TSB number is 15-0030.

As far as a "known problem on all models", that is simply wrong. Non-Performance Pack Ecoboost models don't have the resonance issue, and neither do GT Performance Pack models. The intermittent brake noise that GT PP models make it normal due to the high performance calipers and pad compound.

Anyone who complains about an intermittent brake noise from a GT PP doesn't understand the capability and characteristics of the track ready brake system they bought. People like yourself who bought the regular brake system have TSB 15-0030 to address a repetitive squeal issue.
First off this is not intermittent noise. It can be duplicated every time with slow speed rolling turns. Not sure where you got intermittent from.

Second if you read this thread it seems most of the complaints are coming from GT owners WITH the performance pack.

Third I've called 3 different dealers and have been told TSB 15-0030 is for 5.0L and 2.3 ecoboost cars WITH the performance pack only. I do agree that if you read the language on the actual TSB its says "and" and then it says "or" making it somewhat open to interpretation if the 5.0L is included without the PP. The key here is that it says "4 piston brake calipers". I honestly don't know if the PP pack has the option to only gets 6 piston or not. I would love for a Ford Rep to clarify this.

Lastly, if you read the threads on this subject on this site and others there are many people complaining of this issue with GT and eco boost mustangs with or without the performance pack. Its obviously a know problem across many models. The only exception being the V6, but even they have a few complaints.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I have PP with Brembos and thought I had an issue, very loud noise under light braking.... I eventually determined it was actually coming from the rear brakes. I also discovered that after I torqued the lugs uniformly to the factory spec 150 ft/pounds that the noise mostly went away immediately, and eventually went away all together, I haven't heard it in a couple months.
An old post to quote but i think i have the same. Started hearing it by 400 miles and by 800 its still there and possibly a little worse. PP but i think its coming form the back under light breaking.

Ill try what you did first. How long did it take to start to go away?
Sponsored