Sponsored

Brake pad recommendations?

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Which ones would go good with the ceramic pads? I just seen those type for the front.
I contacted Hawk directly with this exact same question as their parts lookup was not yielding any results for my 2020 Mustang Bullitt. Here is there response.

"I’m sorry for the late response here, we’ve been swamped.
You’re looking for HB805Z.615 and HB802B.661"

https://www.hawkperformance.com/parts-lookup?partNumber=&q=HB805Z.615

https://www.hawkperformance.com/parts-lookup?partNumber=&q=HB802B.661
Sponsored

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like my g-loc gs1’s. Good bite and the dust isn’t bad either

Last edited:

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
+1 on the Hawk, they are my go to for performance pads.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You’re looking for HB805Z.615 and HB802B.661
Those are different categories; you don't want that. The Zs are premium, and the Bs street performance, which I think should be the correct replacement for the Brembo equipped cars. The part number for that is almost the same, except one letter: HB805B.615. The rear ones for the Brembo cars come up as HB803B.639 at TireRack. And all 4 corners are $198 now.

Sponsored

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Those are different categories; you don't want that. The Zs are premium, and the Bs street performance, which I think should be the correct replacement for the Brembo equipped cars. The part number for that is almost the same, except one letter: HB805B.615. The rear ones for the Brembo cars come up as HB803B.639 at TireRack. And all 4 corners are $198 now.
Again. I emailed Hawk Performance directly as their parts lookup search engine is still not returning any results for the 2020 Mustang Bullitt. My question to them was, please give me the model numbers for your performance ceramic pads for my car front and back. After a two week wait their response was.
You’re looking for HB805Z.615 and HB802B.661" That's it, in its entirety.
I shared this information with everyone here trusting that Hawk Performance, knowing their product would answer my question honestly and accurately and not steer me in the wrong direction. If you feel this is wrong information please contact Hawk directly and share whatever you learn with us all. I've already purchased the front pads based on their email response to me, and If that's wrong, then I need to know that before I install them.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Again. I emailed Hawk Performance directly as their parts lookup search engine is still not returning any results for the 2020 Mustang Bullitt. My question to them was, please give me the model numbers for your performance ceramic pads for my car front and back. After a two week wait their response was.
You’re looking for HB805Z.615 and HB802B.661" That's it, in its entirety.
I shared this information with everyone here trusting that Hawk Performance, knowing their product would answer my question honestly and accurately and not steer me in the wrong direction. If you feel this is wrong information please contact Hawk directly and share whatever you learn with us all. I've already purchased the front pads based on their email response to me, and If that's wrong, then I need to know that before I install them.
From Tire Rack. They are usually pretty reliable..

https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/res...ng+Fastback&autoYear=2020&autoModClar=Bullitt

Edit: .661 are for regular GT brakes not Brembo’s.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That's not the first time an incompetent person gives the wrong information to a customer :). As far as me calling them, I'm not going to waste my time doing that, since I'm not buying pads. Just did a quick search for you, in case you were interested in a proper matching set. You shouldn't mix pad compounds front and back, period. But it's not like you're going to crash if you do. However, your brake balance might not be right anymore (rear brakes are going to feel more aggressive, most likely). Good luck.

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
+1 on the Hawk, they are my go to for performance pads.
Again. I emailed Hawk Performance directly as their parts lookup search engine is still not returning any results for the 2020 Mustang Bullitt. My question to them was, please give me the model numbers for your performance ceramic pads for my car front and back.
Edit: .661 are for regular GT brakes not Brembo’s.
Resurrecting the thread because I'm trying to figure out what are the correct pads for Bullitt / PP1 rears if I'm doing HB805Z.615 Performance Ceramic front pads.

What did you guys end up doing?
Sponsored