Brake pad recommendations?

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It's time for me to replace my brake pads. Any brands you guys can suggest that are high performance yet easy on brake dust? I'm okay replacing the brake rotor as well the dust is bad with the oem pad/rotor combo
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You wore out the pads already? May I ask how many miles, and how car is driven? Thx. As far as pads, the most common one for our cars is from StopTech (there are 2 different kinds: street and sport), and the cheapest place to buy them is RockAuto. I decided to leave the stock ones. Read several negative reviews of pad material coming loose, so decided to be safe, and just clean the wheels more often. I have zero issues with the stock pads, except the excessive dust. But I'm more function than form, so decided to leave them alone. Hope this helps. Good luck.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You wore out the pads already? May I ask how many miles, and how car is driven? Thx. As far as pads, the most common one for our cars is from StopTech (there are 2 different kinds: street and sport), and the cheapest place to buy them is RockAuto. I decided to leave the stock ones. Read several negative reviews of pad material coming loose, so decided to be safe, and just clean the wheels more often. I have zero issues with the stock pads, except the excessive dust. But I'm more function than form, so decided to leave them alone. Hope this helps. Good luck.
25k miles. L.a stop and go traffic will do a number on your car

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Last edited:

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hawk Performance PC Performance ceramic brake pads. Stop great low on dust

Sponsored

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I just picked these up a week ago at tirerack.com for $110.00, I believe they're still on sale.
Hawk Performance ceramic.

IMG_5581.JPG

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd definitely go with the Hawks, over the StopTechs... if you insist in deviating from the excellent (but dusty) stockers.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Stock ones were very nice with their stopping power indeed. I'm doing some research if ceramic coating the rims would prevent any brake dust

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Stock ones were very nice with their stopping power indeed. I'm doing some research if ceramic coating the rims would prevent any brake dust
My Rims are ceramic coated, it helps but with the stock pads it's still a nightmare

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ceramic coating will make your wheels a snap to clean but it doesn't "prevent" anything. The pad material determines the amount of dust.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm doing some research if ceramic coating the rims would prevent any brake dust
That wouldn't prevent brake dust (nothing does, except replacing pads), but certainly would make it easier to clean. That's what I did (removed the wheels), but haven't washed the car again, to see how effective it was. I didn't want to compromise the awesome braking performance this car has, especially when the stock pads don't make any noises. So will put up with the dust, and retain the braking performance and feel a proper V8 car should have :).

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
I am upgrading to the 6 piston Brembo brakes and I just ordered the Hawk ceramic pads for the front. Do I replace the rear also?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I definitely would, but up to you. They're pretty cheap, and easy to replace, so no reason not to IMO.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Which ones would go good with the ceramic pads? I just seen those type for the front.
Sponsored