tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
my car is a month old today 02/10/18, I've been hearing brake grown and some chassie noise, is this normal. The car only has 485 miles on it. Any one else experiencing these situations, thanks
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Might be a loose bolt/nut somewhere in the chassis. My Miata had a similar problem when I just got it, but instead of hearing it during braking, mine was during acceleration, and it sounded like a squeal when two pieces of metal rubbing against each other. Took it to the dealership, they fixed it in half an hour.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Might be a loose bolt/nut somewhere in the chassis. My Miata had a similar problem when I just got it, but instead of hearing it during braking, mine was during acceleration, and it sounded like a squeal when two pieces of metal rubbing against each other. Took it to the dealership, they fixed it in half an hour.
thanks

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Search the forums. Known issue with the PP cars. The grinding fades with time

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
my car is a month old today 02/10/18, I've been hearing brake grown and some chassie noise, is this normal. The car only has 485 miles on it. Any one else experiencing these situations, thanks

Don't be like the women in Home Depots parking lot spraying WD40 on her brakes... "because the squeak annoyed her...".

:thumbsup:

Jokes aside, should take it to the dealer. See if they took all the shipping blocks out of the suspension, and/or give it a look-see.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Big brakes have some squeal. And if you use them hard and glaze them, then you'll really have squeal.

Chassis noise? You have to be more specific than that.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
It is common and normal for the GT, and now EB, performance pack cars to make some "strange if you don't know what they are" mechanical and/or rear tire noises due to the nature of the Torsen limited slip differential in those cars.

It is also common for disc brake pads, especially when they have been wet and then parked for awhile such as overnight to make some strange noises especially when backing out of a garage or parking place. Assuming healthy brakes this also is probably normal.

It is also apparently normal for the 10 speed to make a very faint "siren" whine in the lowest gears and reverse.

Also, it appears that it is normal for an 18 GT PP automatic to run the electric engine cooling fan one or more times after engine shut down.

One of the many nice things about a new car, especially a special order, is that it is highly likely that any strange sounding noise is normal. If it isn't you still have lots of warranty to find out at the manufacturer's expense.

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
I had a hum or groan after a few months, but it's gone now.

[ame]

If you can reproduce the sound, you can always take it to the dealer and ask them to ride along and hear the sound, tell you if it's normal or not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
It is common and normal for the GT, and now EB, performance pack cars to make some "strange if you don't know what they are" mechanical and/or rear tire noises due to the nature of the Torsen limited slip differential in those cars.

It is also common for disc brake pads, especially when they have been wet and then parked for awhile such as overnight to make some strange noises especially when backing out of a garage or parking place. Assuming healthy brakes this also is probably normal.

It is also apparently normal for the 10 speed to make a very faint "siren" whine in the lowest gears and reverse.

Also, it appears that it is normal for an 18 GT PP automatic to run the electric engine cooling fan one or more times after engine shut down.

One of the many nice things about a new car, especially a special order, is that it is highly likely that any strange sounding noise is normal. If it isn't you still have lots of warranty to find out at the manufacturer's expense.
thanks brother, i'm sure everything will be fine, I've been without a car for 10 months and forgot what some of the sounds a car will make in it's breakin and driving experiences, and if it's not right I'll take it to the dealer to check it out, but I'm sure all is good or even great. never had a independant rear suspension car before always had live axles-03-11 cars.-Tonyd1

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
thanks brother, i'm sure everything will be fine, I've been without a car for 10 months and forgot what some of the sounds a car will make in it's breakin and driving experiences, and if it's not right I'll take it to the dealer to check it out, but I'm sure all is good or even great. never had a independant rear suspension car before always had live axles-03-11 cars.-Tonyd1
went to dealer yesterday 2/12/18, and asked about the brake groan, the service tech said it was rust on the rotors from being up north during winter, not an issue, ok we'll see, right-tonyd1

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
because race car
Sponsored