Sponsored

Brake Cooling for Inverted Hat Style Rotors (Base Mustangs)

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Agree 100% with the hawk pads being corrosive, but the 2 pistons have very limited choices. I would say run G-loc but I don't think they have the sizes for the 2 piston.
I'll might have lost some posts but if u do autocross events. Do you really overheat?
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Oh, if you need braking Performance, ditch the 2 piston. Plenty of take off 4 piston calipers available.
Why stop at Chicago on your way to New York? 6-pots and be done with it. The guy will also have to change the rear to the vented disc / wide caliper.

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I cracked the block in half :rockon: That's what roughly 80k miles of hard tracking does to a car not meant for racing!

@Optimum Performance I believe @CobaltFilly is building his car for Autocross, the 2 pistons are more than adequate for that! 100% switch to 4 piston at the minimum if you're tracking!
im building for autocross and beginner HPDE. So I might go 4-pot later on. For now I will remove dust shields and put on some better pads. Going powerstop Z26 or Hawk HP+ as an older gentlmen running the same car suggested to me on my last event day.

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The short answer is no.
Reverse rotors cannot be cooled by a deflector
As the master @Optimum Performance suggested. Best thing to do is to get the regular rotors.
Ditch the 5.0 if you track. They are really really bad. If you use the csr on the street the DCT are really bad for cleaning and can ruin the paint.
There are better option for sure for dual purposes.
Off-topic, we look to your car for inspiration, and I personally have one of the pictures of it in the pits from a news article on one of my desktop screens side by side with our Cobalt Filly. Thank you for your inspiration!

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Off-topic, we look to your car for inspiration, and I personally have one of the pictures of it in the pits from a news article on one of my desktop screens side by side with our Cobalt Filly. Thank you for your inspiration!
Very kind of you :)
I'm just a guy who wants to go fast and I'm humbling learning how to do it by testing everything and improving the car In the process .

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
im building for autocross and beginner HPDE. So I might go 4-pot later on. For now I will remove dust shields and put on some better pads. Going powerstop Z26 or Hawk HP+ as an older gentlmen running the same car suggested to me on my last event day.
Terry's deflectors will work for you, remove the shields. We can have G-LOC build those pads in an R6 compound which is an autocross pad. Just email us at [email protected] if you want to pursue this further.

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Thank you!
G-Loc is the way to go in my opinion! If you can get G-loc to make them for a reasonable price go for it! Definitely plan to upgrade calipers in the future for HPDE! I've heard that the HPS 5.0 is the updated version of the HP+ but don't quote me on that.

OP
OP
CobaltFilly

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Terry's deflectors will work for you, remove the shields. We can have G-LOC build those pads in an R6 compound which is an autocross pad. Just email us at [email protected] if you want to pursue this further.
Much appreciated! We will be getting back to this later, currently getting tires on the new rims. Once we give the girl a shakedown test with all our recent upgrades, we will be coming for this.

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible