OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Congrats bossing! Not that this is a very important question but I was just wondering what kind of mpg's you were getting. Great thread
Good question... with some spirited driving on the open roads and mixed in with city driving for close to 100 miles, it was ranging from 13.1 to 13.5 mpg! :D
Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Bossing ....Comparing the 350 seats to your boss seats. Are the bottoms in the 350 the same in width as the boss ? For a semi big guy which seat would provide more comfort ?
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Comparing the 350 seats to your boss seats. Are the bottoms the same in width ?
Not sure yet since I'll have to measure the GT350's Recaros dimensions within the next day or so when the car arrives from the transporter... in the meantime maybe you can measure your Boss's seats and then we can post/compare measurements? I'm not overly large sized.... 5'10", 175 lbs, and 33 waist so fitment in the new Recaros isn't an issue for me. I like the way it envelopes you like a half cocoon... wish I could put this seat in my Z06! :headbonk:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Not sure yet since I'll have to measure the GT350's Recaros dimensions within the next day or so when the car arrives from the transporter... in the meantime maybe you can measure your Boss's seats and then we can post/compare measurements? I'm not overly large sized.... 5'10", 175 lbs, and 33 waist so fitment in the new Recaros isn't an issue for me. I like the way it envelopes you like a half cocoon... wish I could put this seat in my Z06! :headbonk:
Ok I will pm you the measurements on the boss seats.

M5944

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base Race Red no Stripes
Ok so that's why we are getting the guzzler tax :). Good to know thanks

Sponsored

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Good question... with some spirited driving on the open roads and mixed in with city driving for close to 100 miles, it was ranging from 13.1 to 13.5 mpg! :D
Congrad and thank you taking time to post,
13mph on sprint driving is pretty good.

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Congrad and thank you taking time to post,
13mph on sprint driving is pretty good.
Yeah 13mpg isn't bad... and it'll probably dip into the 12mpg range if you sustain spirited driving at high rpm's above 5K and if you're also in the lower gears often.

On the track I expect this to result in half of those mpg's, maybe 6-7mpg.... my Z06 averages 4 mpg on the track but that gulps gas like a Qatar camel. :D

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Thanks for the review. I was also considering the C7, but held out for the GT350 in order to have that engine, the rear seats, and the more track focused equipment (brakes, cooling, etc).

Really happy with the choice, and can't wait for my car to arrive.

-T

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Bossing,
My understanding is that the stock braking system is track capable. I guess if you don't trust it, change the fluid, but the FP engineer I talked to said you can run extended track sessions on stock everything. There's much better brake cooling and designed-in heat dissipation on this car than most performance cars out there.

I sure don't like getting my hands into brake fluid if I can help it.
Stock fluid is listed as Motorcraft PM-20, which is a standard DOT 4 fluid. I cant find any boiling point data on it, but surely would not hurt anything to switch to motul RBF

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
Thanks for the thread. You are driving my dream car.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yeah guys... unsure of what the BP is on Ford's Motorcraft PM-20 brake fluid. Even the MSDS doesn't indicate it... I also know Ford has a Motorcraft DOT3 High Performance Brake Fluid with a 500* BP but I haven't tried that yet. I typically use Motul RBF600 anyway and no issues with that so far. I regularly bleed after 2 full track days as well... I go through one 500ml bottle everytime I bleed all the calipers. If anyone ever finds out the wet & dry BP of the stock brake fluid please feel free to share the details.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
That's less of a bleed and more of a flush!
Yeah true.... lol. I'm one of those who doesn't like to cap any RBF again and let half a bottle sit. Plus brake fluids can gravitate to being more hygroscopic once exposed to our open atmosphere. In FL, there's humidity and moisture all the time. And at $17 a pop I don't really complain. When I do a full flush, I go through nearly 2.5 bottles in the Z06.

At PBIR's back stretch I can push my Z06 pass 150mph prior to immediate heavy braking into turn 10... so last thing I want to encounter is a brake pedal to the floor. And we're all aware how the Z06 evokes heat like Helios himself... so no boiling fluids please! Peace of mind I guess. :D

With the GT350's humongous rotors... I bet I can push it hard right through the peak braking zones as well.

OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!