Borla resonator

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A
Hey guys...for now I was only able to get an idle and rev. I will try and find time to video a pass down the street when I get more time. Meanwhile, I have a YouTube link since the forum video upload wasn’t working for me. On the YouTube page, I also have what the car sounded like with without the resonator. Sorry for the video quality...it was taken from an iPhone

Sponsored

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Hey guys...for now I was only able to get an idle and rev. I will try and find time to video a pass down the street when I get more time. Meanwhile, I have a YouTube link since the forum video upload wasn’t working for me. On the YouTube page, I also have what the car sounded like with without the resonator. Sorry for the video quality...it was taken from an iPhone

Awesome man sounds great. Hard to believe it has catless headers lol. It sounds deep I imagine it sounds even deeper in person. I am looking forward to this setup.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Sounds good! Thank you for doing this! I'll stay tuned in case you get a chance to upload any further videos.

Did you have this system with the x-pipe and factory manifolds as well?

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good! Thank you for doing this! I'll stay tuned in case you get a chance to upload any further videos.

Did you have this system with the x-pipe and factory manifolds as well?
Thanks. Unfortunately I do not have any video or sound clips of the x-pipe with the factory manifolds

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Awesome man sounds great. Hard to believe it has catless headers lol. It sounds deep I imagine it sounds even deeper in person. I am looking forward to this setup.
Thanks. The deep sound without the rasp is the best part. Plus I can get on it without being obnoxious

Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Thanks. Unfortunately I do not have any video or sound clips of the x-pipe with the factory manifolds
No video needed. Just curious if that set up had more volume (louder) than with catless headers and the resonator set up you have now. I'm just trying to decide to go with the Borla or Magnaflow, or my other option would be the Vibrant 12" bottle-style resonators. I'm looking for something with just a tad more volume. I really like the deep tone yours has though!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Long tubes, 200cell cats, Borla touring with Borla resonator
[ame]

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Long tubes, 200cell cats, Borla touring with Borla resonator
That sounds amazing and it made me reconsider my exhaust idea until I went and looked at pricing lol.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. The deep sound without the rasp is the best part. Plus I can get on it without being obnoxious
Are you able to do a drive by video?

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Here is quick drive by video

Awesome man sounds really good thank you. I just got the headers yesterday and the resonator comes in next week. I’m super stoked.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
Finally got everything dialed in. Sounds incredible and no rasp at all. Really great setup. I have already gotten tons of compliments. My mechanic works on S550s constantly and said its the best exhaust setup he has heard especially without cats. I am super happy.
IMG_0835.JPG

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Finally got everything dialed in. Sounds incredible and no rasp at all. Really great setup. I have already gotten tons of compliments. My mechanic works on S550s constantly and said its the best exhaust setup he has heard especially without cats. I am super happy.

looks very sharp :thumbsup:

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
why does borla only make this in such a small size. what about us big pipe guys.

Ecoboosted15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Perf pack A10
Is this resonator able to be installed instead of the factory resonator on the 2018 mustang GT’s? I mean I know it’s stated it’s meant to work with the Borla exhaust kits, but has anyone done it like I am asking? I would to hear it.
I bought a H-pipe resonator delete kit on my 2018 GT and while I do love the lower end rumble and how deep it is, at higher rpm it’s really raspy and I don’t like it anymore. I’m on the NON active valve exhaust too btw.
Sponsored