Sponsored

Boostworks Twin turbo kit track results

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
I'm on an old bw kit and highest IAT so far was 120 on a 90 degree day. My intercooler is also pretty small. Anyone else noticing a correlation between high IATs and comp turbos? I'm running PTE. Oh and I'm on 8.5 PSI according to my Eboost2.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Contact me if you want to chat. You'll have even worse IAT issues with that kit. 185-190. I've got two of their cars in my shop right now blown up.

PM me your number.
Your kit comes with exact same turbos and intercooler and you are talking trash.....C'mon man

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06
I am in the process of installing my kit, I am no turbo expert but is looks to me like the intake air at the turbo is going to be quite high. The filters are very close to the oil pan.

Also the airflow in the front is quite restricted. I plan on making a custom front bumper support and putting some type of air vents in the front between the upper and lower grills to allow for more air flow. I should be able to fabricate some nicw air vents of some sort.

JMO

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I am in the process of installing my kit, I am no turbo expert but is looks to me like the intake air at the turbo is going to be quite high. The filters are very close to the oil pan.

Also the airflow in the front is quite restricted. I plan on making a custom front bumper support and putting some type of air vents in the front between the upper and lower grills to allow for more air flow. I should be able to fabricate some nicw air vents of some sort.

JMO
I just received the front bumper support from tigvision and it was only $150 shipped. Was also thinking about opening up the bumper, but am hesitant.

The S197 has a similar bumper where it blocks a good amount of air coming in. Has there not been any solutions for them?

Sponsored

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06
I picked up a black hood for 100 bucks and I will be putting hood vents in to help cool down the engine bay. I track my car a lot so the hood will help a lot.

I am not worried about modifying my front bumper cover. If i don't like how it comes out i will just pick up another one. I will take a look at what you picked up,Thanks

IMO it has to make a difference. I will also be sure all air coming into the front grill goes through the HE.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Your kit comes with exact same turbos and intercooler and you are talking trash.....C'mon man
The cars are blown up because the shop turned off the IAT knock retard, so it couldn't pull timing. That's just plain stupid.

Yes, we use the same Turbo's, but we are not using the same intercooler. We learned from our mistake and went bigger. We've also offered a free solution to those who have IAT issues. That shop continues to bury it's head in the sand and pretend that everything is ok.

I haven't said any names. And yes, what they did was stupid. It cost these guys a lot of money. If that's "talking smack ", then so be it.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm on an old bw kit and highest IAT so far was 120 on a 90 degree day. My intercooler is also pretty small. Anyone else noticing a correlation between high IATs and comp turbos? I'm running PTE. Oh and I'm on 8.5 PSI according to my Eboost2.
Yeah, some people see higher than others. That's the baffling part. But, we have to address it for those who do.

Thanks for chiming in.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What grill are you running?

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Would it help to remove the belly pan so air could escape the bottom of the car after going through the grill?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Would it help to remove the belly pan so air could escape the bottom of the car after going through the grill?
Would cause drag under the car and increase lift at high speeds. Both seem suboptimal to me.