Sponsored

Bolt on performance

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Installed the upr dv catch can,airaid mit pipe,with aem panel dry filter,Brisk race plugs,Factory tune seems to run snotty even in the heat,Installed the cobb 91 stage 1 tune,runs even harder in the midrange and upstairs,But lacks the torque and tip in power of the factory tune,Is there not a tune up that feels just as bottom end torquey as the factory tune,Will an offroad down pipe increase immediate bottom end torque,The shifts points seem to be lazier to with the stage 1 tune,Are most of these tunes designed around 355 geared cars,It seems with my car my factory tune rocks,Ive removed the tune for the time being,Going to install the down pipe and see how it runs on Fords tune.We all know rhey could use an intercooler but livernois car ran hard with the factory intercooler and a fuel mix.Really dont want to make this thing a throttle opening slob just to pick up power upstairs,any insight is great.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I felt the Cobb 93 OTS compared to stock was like being kicked from behind like a giant everytime I hit the gas compared to the gentle smooth torque delivery of the stock tune.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Im sure it probably does,Im also trying to feel power in this rediculous heat as well,Ive tried the 91 stock tune,the 91 cobb stg 1 base tune,and the tune+ stage 1 91 tune,Im going to data log all three and send them to adam and see what he thinks,The stage 1 91 is def making more upstairs power, then the stock tune,but not by a huge stretch,The tune+tune has a great shift program but It doesnt want to rev yet. Trial and error i guess or maybe im installing something wrong,maybe the tune+ tune is pulling power out because of the rediculous heat,(Im assuming thats the case) Adams been great,Hes allowed me to badger him and ask questions that are probably trivial to him, Im sure he will have some good info when I send him the three files.But the factory tune in my car runs darn good,Tons of tip in power and very responsive.And I love the trans shift points cruising.

What I dont want to see is a huge loss of low speed power or have to toss parts at the car to gain the bottom end back,I still have the turbo smart wg actuator and off road down pipe to install,I was told I couldnt run the actuator without a tune,(Hopefully the down pipe increase,s bottom end power)Not sure why but it is what it is.For now Im leaving the factory tune in it,Installing the down pipe,then trying the tunes again or having them adjusted for the other parts in the winter.

If I can get the car to perform well with the fmic,charge pipes and down pipe,while raising the octane level more on the stock tune,I may just sell the port,buy a carbon driveshaft,cut my losses and get back to reality with my pushrod stuff,It is only a few day a week driver,maybe she comes around when weather changes.Just thought the tunes would be night and day.Hopefully im being presumptious.

Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
The OTS Cobb tunes don't even come close to comparing to a Protune, like from Adam (Tune+). Adam can make it do anything and everything you want to do and more. Don't discount tuning your car because of using an OTS map. I never could tell much of a difference between the stock and OTS maps, but that's been ages ago.

Also, you need an intercooler. In heat, the factory unit will become very heat soaked and you'll never feel like it's making good power. An intercooler is recommended first for a reason. Get a good FMIC and a Protune and it'll blow your mind like a hooker with a college degree.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Thats the stuff I need to hear,Im not giving up on her.Just want a simple no frills realiable bottom 12sec cruiser,Quite and good on fuel,Ive got plenty of race car crap.Im just use to testing individual parts one at a time,Sounds like you got to go all in in order to make these things crank,Intercoolers getting ordered up next month.What parts can you run and see results without a tune,has anyone done it.

Sponsored

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Getting a bigger intercooler will help with consistency I between pulls but the real question is "did you monitor oar?" You have to wait for oar to hit 1.00 before you get the full grunt out of the tune assuming you have a Cobb tune. Trust me monitor oar and then come back and post your results. The pro tune will smoothie things out a bit but in my opinion wasn't that much of a difference than a ots tune. If your lucky enough to have e85 near you, go ahead and get a e30 tune from Adam at tune +. The difference is noticible going from 93 yet alone 91.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Yep Monitered oar for the stock reboot cobb tune,Same goes for the cobb stage 1 91,and adams tune was already at 1.00 as soon as it was installed,No reset for adams tune,The other tunes started at .75 and worked their way to 1.00 like clockwork.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Whats the story with the aftermarket wg actuator,Why cant we run them with the stock tune or the ots tunes,Im assuming with the stiffer springs boost comes in earlier is is held longer,The afr in my car shows 9.7wot at 21.5lbs stock,If im not making anymore real boost,but its earlier boost,doesent the computer compensate for the earlier boost,Same for the down pipe,if im able to spool it earlier doesnt the preset afr and timing curves still follow the map sensor reading.

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
My car made 363/393 with the stock wategate actuator. You are going to find most of your power loss is from the heat. Look at the timing in your logs. Stock intercooler is killing you in the summer.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Emailed adam and figured out it was a base base under powered tune for datalogging,He clarified that with me this morning,Still need to log,may just wait until the weather cools down and the rest of the parts go on,Thanks for all the replies getting stolked.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Ive allready contacted Adam and he explained that the first tune file was an under powered then stock tune for logging purposes only,Ive decided to wait and install a few more item and just do run logs when it gets cooler out,its just to hot here in phoenix to be pounding on he car not realy interested in summer performance,Cars getting 25 around town and 30 on the highway now,so im calling it good for now. Thanks for the replies guys.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I would like to monitor the intercooler air temp,What selection in the cobb v3 is the designation to watch the temp live while driving?.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31