Sponsored

Body panel alignment issues

87rigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Got my car back from the body shop today for the door and trunk misalignment issues. Looks great I don't know how they did it but the alignment is a lot better and no more rubbing. Also they improved the trunk alignment with the taillights, still a little off but only I would notice...
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Mine just went in the shop today. 1862miles and getting the doors, hood, and trunk aligned. Passenger door was rubbing and caused paint damage to door. Right fendor has to be pushed forward, and they are going to repaint the damaged areas, so they said. Will see how it goes.

Noble-6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Mine is in the shop today too:

1. Left exhaust is caddywompus - the tailpipe slightly lower than the right exhaust

2. Hood misaligned.

3. Trunk misaligned. It won't always shut properly. Sometimes I have to slam it 3+ times before it shuts.

Just to confirm, you guys are getting the alignments corrected free of charge, right?

Last edited:

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Mine is in the shop today too:

Just to confirm, you guys are getting the alignments corrected free of charge, right?
Correct :thumbsup:

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Mine just went in the shop today. 1862miles and getting the doors, hood, and trunk aligned. Passenger door was rubbing and caused paint damage to door. Right fendor has to be pushed forward, and they are going to repaint the damaged areas, so they said. Will see how it goes.

totally unacceptable for a brand new car in 2015 !!

I wonder what the qualifications are to be a Ford Quality Control employee? Or did Ford recently do away with QC staff to save money ???

S550 Sema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP2
Is this covered under warranty? I stopped by the dealer today an spoke to the sales manager I dealt with and he said as long as it's covered under warranty they'll take care of it. I've just never actually seen that it was a warranty issue.

IG - S550_Sema

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Is this covered under warranty? I stopped by the dealer today an spoke to the sales manager I dealt with and he said as long as it's covered under warranty they'll take care of it. I've just never actually seen that it was a warranty issue.

IG - S550_Sema
Yes it is. Actually my CSM called me again today to make sure that the dealership is fixing my car proper when I drop it there on the 1. April.:ford:

swiftspeed10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Just found out my passenger door bites in one tiny section..like 2mm wide. Taking it to Ford today. Unacceptable. Between this and my service engine lights every 50 miles (still under 350 miles) this car is quickly becoming a nightmare.

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Just found out my passenger door bites in one tiny section..like 2mm wide. Taking it to Ford today. Unacceptable. Between this and my service engine lights every 50 miles (still under 350 miles) this car is quickly becoming a nightmare.
Check your trunk lid too please. You posted that you have to slam your lid to close it. If the lid s low on the left side and high on the right side, than you know why your lid doesn't close proper. Couple of us have this issue too.

Noble-6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Found out yesterday that my passenger door is rubbing against the soft/foam insert on the inside of the door well next to glove box - will have to take a closer look to see if there is any metal-on-metal rubbing.

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
So far my car has been in the shop for at least 3 weeks. Getting really tired of driving this damn Nissan Note. I was suppose to get it back yesterday but they said my bearing in the rear hub was making a sound so they decided to order the part. It came in already and will be put on but i cant get my car back??? I have a big ass car show to go to tomo. I need this thing back! Lol

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Shit really body shops take that long? I dropped my car off to the dealer for them to get that done yesterday. Wasn't satisfied with the hood and trunk.

swiftspeed10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Well they are taking my car in Monday to fix the passenger door. Just nervous as hell that whoever drives it will abuse the transmission. You hear stories...
Sponsored