Sponsored

Body panel alignment issues

pa93cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Guard Mustang
pa93cobra,

"Saying that, it looks like the owners who are now receiving their cars after the infamous "hold" are finding their Mustangs to have much better quality. Hopefully you won't leave the Mustang family forever"

Do you think so? I hope that is the case, but from my understanding those cars were not held to fix alignment issues. I know that's not what your sayings, but in the context of this thread it seems that way.

Rich
Many of the members on this forum who had their Mustang built in early February were on alert to look over their cars VERY CLOSELY before they took ownership. The ones who have taken ownership the past day or two have stated the alignments are now spot on. The one issue that continues is the slight dip on the driver's side rear window. That seems to be a glass issue.
Sponsored

pa93cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Guard Mustang

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I hope that our issues help new owners on what they should really look for. And one important think is to take delivery only at daylight! :D

Blackdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Many of the members on this forum who had their Mustang built in early February were on alert to look over their cars VERY CLOSELY before they took ownership. The ones who have taken ownership the past day or two have stated the alignments are now spot on. The one issue that continues is the slight dip on the driver's side rear window. That seems to be a glass issue.
Cool beans, good to hear and know. My car is getting built next week.

Thank you,

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 _Mustang GT
I just got back from the dealer with issues on my 2015. I took it there in January to have the hood alignment issue fixed and now the front of the hood sits higher then the front bumper. They said they are going to schedule a Ford engineer to look at it to see what it need to be corrected. I sure hope they can fix it so I don't have to follow through with a lemon law suit.

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Trunk Lid Cutting into the bumper anyone?

Hello together.

I did wash my car today and did see that the black plastic cover in front of the trunk lid is actually cutting into the bumper paint. Anyone else with that problem? It's a fine line but I think it would get worst in time.

Door seals getting lose already. The PINK fasteners on the front getting lose who hold the seal in place.
Driver door:

Pink one on the driver door seam to be too small and do not keep the door seal in place. I tried to push them in. On passenger door the fasteners are blue/green and are fully in place.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 _Mustang GT
You would think being this Mustang is a world class car, they would have done a better job with it. If they have the same issue internationaly, it's a real bad introduction to the rest of the world.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Your trunk lid seems to be aligned with the fenders OK and not too low, so it could be either the panel isn't inserted all the way into the tab/clip slots at the top, or your black bumper shocks on the rear end of the hinge mechanism are missing, or the bump stops on the lower part of the trunk lid are screwed in too far and not allowing the lid to stop before impacting the bumper. The lower edge of the black panel should align with the upper half of the bottom of the tail light. Sort of like if they were to eliminate the lower portion of the tail light to give the panel more room for closing and to allow water to drain. Of course, it could always be your bumper is too high, but I don't see that from the photo.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Actually my trunk lid is tilt, left side low and right side higher then the right rear quarter panel. My bumper seems to be to high so the lid edge is scratching my paint off the bumper. Check out the pictures of my driver door seal. The quality of that car is so cheap, I think sometimes that FORD made a joke with me. Why would they use different pins to install the door seal? Red for left and blue for right? I honestly have never seen such a nonsense. :doh:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 _Mustang GT
I hate to say it but the experience I've had with this car has turned me off on Ford altogether. I doubt I'll ever buy another Ford again, or any American car. The Wrx just might be my next ride. My wife's Subaru is very well built, and I'm sure it will give her years of trouble free driving.

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I hate to say it but the experience I've had with this car has turned me off on Ford altogether. I doubt I'll ever buy another Ford again, or any American car. The Wrx just might be my next ride. My wife's Subaru is very well built, and I'm sure it will give her years of trouble free driving.

Maybe when Ford puts their Quality Control people back on the assembly line things will improve dramatically !! (yeah I know, was being sarcastic)

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
The Wrx just might be my next ride. My wife's Subaru is very well built, and I'm sure it will give her years of trouble free driving.
As a former WRX owner....good luck if youre out of warranty. Mine starting giving me problems at 40k miles, and the motor eventually popped at 80. Axles went bad, center diff went bad, pulleys started whining.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Maybe when Ford puts their Quality Control people back on the assembly line things will improve dramatically !! (yeah I know, was being sarcastic)
You mean because they were pulled to work on the 4,000 2/2 - 2/9 cars they sleep thru?:(

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Actually my trunk lid is tilt, left side low and right side higher then the right rear quarter panel. My bumper seems to be to high so the lid edge is scratching my paint off the bumper. Check out the pictures of my driver door seal. The quality of that car is so cheap, I think sometimes that FORD made a joke with me. Why would they use different pins to install the door seal? Red for left and blue for right? I honestly have never seen such a nonsense. :doh:
Really need a higher res photo of the rear. I tried enlarging the photo, but couldn't really see much thru the pixelation.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Really need a higher res photo of the rear. I tried enlarging the photo, but couldn't really see much thru the pixelation.
That's actually the sparkling paint not low pixels. :D
Sponsored