Sponsored

Body panel alignment issues

87rigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Panels

Tomorrow my car goes in for the repair of the front right quarter panel and the trunk misaligned. The place the dealer wants to use is crap and I called ford customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. Also no rental car even though my 3 month old car is going to be there 4-5 days....
Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
soooo again.... what is up with the Ford Quality Control process?

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Labour in Canada is $140 per hour. I do not live in the USA.:cheers:
yeah that's a little more than the 35 an hour for body on mine, 85 for service part hours.

I was lucky I guess as they where able to do clean panels on my repair. I have been able to see it repaired over 12 times now and can't find anything wrong or tell they worked on it. I will tell you you don't want to see it in the middle of repair, they will be taking your back window out. Just happy the over 50 year old body man that's been doing it all his life has been the only one working on my car and he has made the car better then new. He will get a tip in the end!

PS Ford took care of me this week and they are finishing car by Friday, tomorrow is rain and Ice and only over 40 for 30 minutes. Friday 55 and Sunny for the 2 mile trip home. And with Ford taking care of me by sending last two airbags over night. Now my Mustang is back inside for the bad weather to button up.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Tomorrow my car goes in for the repair of the front right quarter panel and the trunk misaligned. The place the dealer wants to use is crap and I called ford customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. Also no rental car even though my 3 month old car is going to be there 4-5 days....
Hey 87rigger,

I'm here to help. Have you gotten to the dealer yet? Please send a PM with your VIN, name, phone number, mileage, and dealer info. I'll look into additional options on my end to assist. :)

Jeff :ford:

Sponsored

87rigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Ford Service

I took my car this yesterday morning and told the service advisor I wanted a different body shop, I told him I wanted one I was familiar with and he told me to take it there and if after the estimates were submitted , and it was within what ford approves for repairs they can do the work. I will find out today, hopefully

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
And the sage continues

OK folks, here is my update, and sadly its not a good one.

Open issues

1. Rear bumper coming off, bumper was improperly installed when adjusted, they heated and straightened the part that was crooked and they say its all good.

2. Glove box door scratch, New part ordered yesterday, its been there TWO WEEKS, they only ordered it yesterday?

3. Rattle in the passenger compartment, they BELIEVE they have resolved it, Service magaer told me he wants to drive it (I told him I did too, and since it was my car.... )

4. AC Vent has been replaced.

5. Convertible top crooked (and we were doing so good on this list, right?)

New paragraph, lots to type. the defective part on the top frame is not available on its own. They gave me a few options. Option 1, wait for the catalog to be updated and parts to become available. Option 2, they are being told by engineering to replace the entire top assembly, they DO NOT WANT TO DO IT.

I asked what new can of worms this would open, what would rattle, be loose, come apart as a result of this repair. They said that they wondered the same thing. They said they would call Mario at ford and bring him up to speed, and he would call me to discuss my options.

So..... I think I am done.

Here is why, if there are no parts available for the top to be repaired, and five years later this part fails again, the top assembly (without installation) is $8,000!!!! The dealer has no confidence, I have no confidence.

I also asked if this happened on my beloved (and missed) 2011 were those parts available? Answer, no they were not.

Really, how is that supposed to make me feel ? Where is "Quality is job 1" the new WORLD CLASS mustang is not up to par in quality and all that goes along with it.

for my $50,000 I think I may be out of this game for a while. Even if I asked for a new car to be built, I wouldn't loose sleep over it coming in in any better shape, all those on this forum are a testament to that fact.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Convertible check.

Sorry to hear that Jeffola! I was at my dealership for the "Hit and Run" damage estimation, waiting for the insurance guy to show up and checked a CO Mustang convertible out what was already SOLD. The top did look like it was misaligned too. I pulled my cellphone and a sales guy asked me not to make any pictures of the convertible.:eyebulge: A second sales guy showed up and we checked the car out. The Hood did actually touch on the front left corner the fender and I don't know if a paper would slide through. Doors, bumper and the tail (left taillight and trunk lit issue) misaligned too.

I think switching the car could be a hit and miss. I never did see cars like that Mustang. So I stick with my car and let the body shop fix everything. :love:

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Sorry to hear that Jeffola! I was at my dealership for the "Hit and Run" damage estimation, waiting for the insurance guy to show up and checked a CO Mustang convertible out what was already SOLD. The top did look like it was misaligned too. I pulled my cellphone and a sales guy asked me not to make any pictures of the convertible.:eyebulge: A second sales guy showed up and we checked the car out. The Hood did actually touch on the front left corner the fender and I don't know if a paper would slide through. Doors, bumper and the tail (left taillight and trunk lit issue) misaligned too.

I think switching the car could be a hit and miss. I never did see cars like that Mustang. So I stick with my car and let the body shop fix everything. :love:
Thanks, I am now officially sick to my stomach.

Good info, and you can't deny this importance.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Thanks, I am now officially sick to my stomach.

Good info, and you can't deny this importance.
Jeffola, what date was your convertible built? VERY sorry to hear of your car's condition! My Convertible was built 2/27. Crossing my fingers it is OK and goes 'In Transit' today.

In your position I'd be asking for a reorder with priority 1 or at a minimum a whole new top (with a ford engineers help in installing it.)
Sincerely, I wish you the best of luck in getting a good convertible.

Edit. Typos

Last edited:

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Papaya: If the dealership did recognize the problems with the convertible, why the heck didn't they try to fix them before they sold it? "To make a quick buck"...but then both Ford and the dealership are going to get a reputation for making and selling schlock. What bothers me even more is the idiot who bought the vert without checking it out! I bet he will be back hassling the dealership about his purchase.

Last edited:

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Jeffola: If the dealership did recognize the problems with the convertible, why the heck didn't they try to fix them before they sold it? "To make a quick buck"...but then both Ford and the dealership are going to get a reputation for making and selling schlock. What bothers me even more is the idiot who bought the vert without checking it out! I bet he will be back hassling the dealership about his purchase.
Ok, the dealership didn't notice it, I did after delivery. Once they were notified, the fix didn't work long term. As soon as I took it home, I put the top down, and when i put it back up, back to the crooked state.

I guess I am the idiot, I picked it up and didn't notice, once I did this story is the result.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Ok, the dealership didn't notice it, I did after delivery. Once they were notified, the fix didn't work long term. As soon as I took it home, I put the top down, and when i put it back up, back to the crooked state.

I guess I am the idiot, I picked it up and didn't notice, once I did this story is the result.
Well, if you are 'the idiot', then so is any buyer having a REASONABLE expectation of getting a new car without significant problems!! IMHO

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I took my car this yesterday morning and told the service advisor I wanted a different body shop, I told him I wanted one I was familiar with and he told me to take it there and if after the estimates were submitted , and it was within what ford approves for repairs they can do the work. I will find out today, hopefully
Sounds like a plan, 87rigger. Send over that info from my previous post; I'll enlist any assistance I can on this end. :thumbsup:

Jeff :ford:

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Ok, Mario called back. They are trying to find the part to fix the top. NO ETA, No car, still making payments, still not happy and still, I have no car.

Jeff and Rachael, I understand Mario is doing what he can, I am not ANGRY, I am very disappointed with my purchase. the post above (#240) makes me weary.
Sponsored