Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
At this point I've got no ideas. Build date was December 17th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Not sure what happened in the pickup, must be a good story there, not sure what a COL 845 is either.

So that wasn't a plain old curb, that was the Yosemite national curb, just curious, do you think the 12k in damage would have been less in any other car? Granted its a huge "CURB" but I keep going back to "Will this car last" is it well made or designed?
colllinite 845 wax,

No plain curb, Air bags 6000 of damage. Most cars would have had a bent frame, aluminum pieces snapped clean off, I will say I think all 4 wheels are attached like Indy cars. Any hit and they will snap off.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I hope that all of you who have not received your 2015 yet, take your time to read the threads on this Forum about quality control. Don't believe your dealer when he says "just give us the money, and we will fix what's wrong later!" Carefully inspect your new car. You might feel that you don't have time to inspect it when it arrives. Because you will have to make much more time available when you bring in your car multiple times to fix those 'problems' which were there when you bought it.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
At this point I've got no ideas. Build date was December 17th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did they just start building convertibles in early Dec.?

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
colllinite 845 wax,

No plain curb, Air bags 6000 of damage. Most cars would have had a bent frame, aluminum pieces snapped clean off, I will say I think all 4 wheels are attached like Indy cars. Any hit and they will snap off.

Our Mustang suffered a "Hit and Run" yesterday when we parked outside the Superstore to make our groceries. :frusty: I reported it right away and luckily enough we had a witness who wrote down the licence plate. :thumbsup:

Got the estimate from my dealer this morning with $3,200 CAD. (Fixing the rear quarter panel, painting quarter panel and driver door to blend the paint proper in.) If the other guy doesn't have insurance my premium goes up 5% per year for 3 years or around $40 CAD a year to fix our Mustang. I have to pay my deductible $250 CAD when everything is fixed.

Not bad after that shock in the evening. :doh: Now they can fix all alignments too on the rear end. :ford:

Sponsored

tcador

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '15 GT PP
Picked mine up when it was raining as well. Finally got around to cleaning it up and found this issue with the rear bumper. I already needed to bring it back due to the driver's side door sagging a bit, which requires slightly more oomph to close it.
IMG_3996.jpg
IMG_3997.jpg
IMG_4004.jpg

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I know. It looks like build with low quality parts and no love (pride)at all.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Our Mustang suffered a "Hit and Run" yesterday when we parked outside the Superstore to make our groceries. :frusty: I reported it right away and luckily enough we had a witness who wrote down the licence plate. :thumbsup:

Got the estimate from my dealer this morning with $3,200 CAD. (Fixing the rear quarter panel, painting quarter panel and driver door to blend the paint proper in.) If the other guy doesn't have insurance my premium goes up 5% per year for 3 years or around $40 CAD a year to fix our Mustang. I have to pay my deductible $250 CAD when everything is fixed.

Not bad after that shock in the evening. :doh: Now they can fix all alignments too on the rear end. :ford:
they shouldn't have to blend such a new car, mine was clean panel cutoffs and looks perfect. 3,200? That's like way over, is that a new quarter panel?

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Picked mine up when it was raining as well. Finally got around to cleaning it up and found this issue with the rear bumper. I already needed to bring it back due to the driver's side door sagging a bit, which requires slightly more oomph to close it.

Mine looked like that too, that's the only thing Ford would fix on mine.

I received the warranty claim forms from the BBB today and faxed them all the documents they requested. I spoke to BBB briefly today about the process and my panel issues, seems they see a lot of these defects in manufacturing because they were very knowledgeable. She even started talking about how they press and stretch the panels onto frames these days and how if it's not done right they end up with creases. I didn't mention creases to her and mine has many. When I mentioned "tolerances", she said that doesn't mean it's acceptable to them or arbitrators. The process seems to be fairly easy and they try to have claims resolved within 40 days of filing.

Now, today my rear passenger window is starting to develop a large and long gap between the window and weather stripping. Yesterday the premium trim on the door is starting to come apart. (See pic of that posted in thread)

Seems that some issues take a little time to show. I don't know how this car got past QC. So sad, I really love the car but can't take that it feels like it's falling apart in 5 weeks and 551 miles of ownership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
How easy was to start the process? I'm thinking about taking that route.

Trust me, build quality is quite awful on some of these cars. I'm 6.5k miles in and the rattles just keep popping everywhere.

No rattles or interior noises whatsoever. Mechanically it runs superb.

I think the process is easy, at least for Florida. I am pretty sure each state has different Lemon Laws. I just followed the instructions to file a warranty claim that are in the warranty guide provided by Ford. Here's the link to the BBB Auto Line, that's how I got the process going. I filled out the online claim form and submitted it last night. This morning I got an e mail with instructions on what documents are required with the fax number. I printed out the claim form and filled in any missing information, signed it and faxed it over. The person in charge of my claim will contact me shortly.

http://www.bbb.org/council/programs-services/dispute-handling-and-resolution/bbb-auto-line/

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
they shouldn't have to blend such a new car, mine was clean panel cutoffs and looks perfect. 3,200? That's like way over, is that a new quarter panel?
Labour in Canada is $140 per hour. I do not live in the USA.:cheers:

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Seems that some issues take a little time to show. I don't know how this car got past QC. So sad, I really love the car but can't take that it feels like it's falling apart in 5 weeks and 551 miles of ownership.

You giving us all hope! :brokenheart:

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I want to thank all you guys for posting your pictures. Changed my whole outlook about my new Mustang, Ive decided mine is about as perfect as you can get and I do love to drive it with all its bells and whistles. Also the fact remains that everyone that see my car do the oohs and aahs and never spot the imperfections.
I showed a guy the rear window on his 2010 Fusion was set to one side and he told me he had owned the car five years and never noticed that.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey tcador,

Let me help get your Pony back in line. When will you be taking her in to the dealer? Send over the mileage. I'll look into my resources. :thumbsup:

Jeff :ford:
Sponsored