Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
While blind spots and interior space is not a huge thing to get use to, it makes for a poor daily driver and those things are important to people who will be spending a lot of time in their cars. Is it worth sacrificing the things that you will use more often than the actual performance aspects of the car that are only marginal against competition who can offer nearly the same without those issues? I think that's the main reason the Mustang sells better. In the end it's a much more LIVABLE car to own day to day. If you are looking for a track car/drag car, I think the Camaro is clearly the better option because of performance. If you want a car you will love to drive everyday, take on road trips, enjoy the styling and smooth design, the Mustang is the car you want to own.
Sponsored

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
sorry but the Blind spot is an escuse for Fan boys to say something bad about the SS... after a few days living with it you forget about it, and is acutally something really stupid to complain about it, why dont you trash on the ford GTs, corvettes, lambos etc blind spot as well? as it seems with people who drive mustangs Camaros and even Hondas want to trash Other cars for no valid reason because they want to feel better and mentally reinforce they have the "best car ever made"...
Terrible comparison. Those are purpose built exotic cars where visibility isn't a priority since, as Millhouse stated, they are not meant to be daily driven. And actually the Corvette has terrific visibility for what it is.

No one here is trashing the Camaro to "feel better". We are just pointing out what glaring flaws it has despite it's superior performance. Lord knows the Mustang has it's issues also.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The camaro is one gigantic blind spot, with one of the ugliest interiors I've ever seen.
Challenger, well, it's a manpon. Bloated and can fit five. Looks? Fugly.
Mustang may not be the quickest, but overall it's the best imo.
sorry but the Blind spot is an escuse for Fan boys to say something bad about the SS... after a few days living with it you forget about it, and is acutally something really stupid to complain about it, why dont you trash on the ford GTs, corvettes, lambos etc blind spot as well? as it seems with people who drive mustangs Camaros and even Hondas want to trash Other cars for no valid reason because they want to feel better and mentally reinforce they have the "best car ever made"...
As far as I am concerned, the car is dangerous to drive due to the lack of outward visibility.

I actually stay away from Camaro drivers on the road, because anyone willing to drive a Camaro in traffic, doesn't care one iouta about driving, or others around them.

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
why are people saying Mustangs aren't the quickest? the new 18's makes it even faster than the SRT 392

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
If I was chevy I would make the Camaro look sportier, make it slightly bigger and improve the interior dramatically. I think that's what buyers want. I don't care if the car weighs 200lbs more because of that, I don't care about the Nurburgring times, give me something I can live with and look at without getting nauseous.
You do realize that the ideal "Camaro" you are describing sounds an awful lot like a 2015+ Dodge Challenger.:lol:

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
why are people saying Mustangs aren't the quickest? the new 18's makes it even faster than the SRT 392
We don't know that for sure yet, so you are only speculating. However, I suspect that you are probably right, but it'll still be a very close race that comes down to the driver and available traction.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
A lot of Camaro guys try to give me flack for saying the Mustang as whole is an easier car to be with, but I always love to see their faces when I tell them I came from C6 vette.. and If I had to deal with the BS they sit in... I'm going to get back in the vette and pass the Camaro altogether every single time even 10 years from now

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
sorry but the Blind spot is an escuse for Fan boys to say something bad about the SS... after a few days living with it you forget about it, .
Now who's being a fanboy most of us don't want to be "living with it" that's why the camaro is such a exclusive car

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Actually more like a 20 year old platform (Mercedes E class). But if it's a good platform, who cares how old it is? IMO the thing wrong with the Challenger is just how far they took the 'retro' styling. You could basically take a 1967 Challenger and give it to some engineers and say "just make it look as close as you can to this with modern parts" and you get a 2017 Challenger.
The LX chassis that the Challenger uses is not based on the W210 E-Class, launched in 1995, a late 1980s-early 90s development (finalized in 1991).

It was a Chrysler development strictly at CTC in Auburn Hills. It only shared components with W211 E-Class which came out 15 years ago as an '03 model and that of the W220 S-Class from 1998. This is the truth, even if development of the Chrysler's RWD platform began in 1997-early 1998, on the heels of the Gen II LH sedans.

Bob has it right. I had the fortune to meet Bob last year in San Diego where he spoke at an event I chaired and got to know him well. He will also tell you that the mid-engine Corvette coming out in a year or two will be less than half the price of the Ford GT and will sell much better. The guy is no dummy - 2 degrees from Cal Berkeley including an MBA in Marketing. Iacocca made a mistake not turning Chrysler over to him instead of Bob Eaton.
I will never forgive Iacocca for that one very thing, in letting his ego go to his head and as a passing punishment to Lutz, handing over the reins to Robert Eaton at the end of 1992.

A lot of good things that happened to Chrysler in the mid-90s, had lasting influence and input from Iacocca before he stepped down in early 1993. Nearly all of everything newly launched between 1997 and 1999, was entirely done under Eaton's leadership.

Anyway, the man knows what he's talking about and more.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Now who's being a fanboy most of us don't want to be "living with it" that's why the camaro is such a exclusive car
I think both cars have their up and downs. Mustang is a better car for daily driviing with more space on rearseats, in the trunk and better visibility. Camaro is not as practical, but has better perfromance and nicer V8 sound right from the factory.

With the facelift the whole comparison is mixed up. Mustang will offer about the same performance and sound, but still is more usable for a daily driver. But with the rising price I guess it will all go down to which design of the cars you prefer.
Sponsored