Sponsored

BMR SUSPENSION'S S550 Lowering Springs: STANCE PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Here are some shots of our PP car, with BMR-SP081 Front Springs ONLY. OEM PP Rear Springs.

These are basically a lowered front version of a Performance Pack Spring with a rate of 170lb/in. (PP Rate is 165lb/in)

I hope to have these plentiful to the masses in about 6 weeks. Pricing will likely be about $129.

What do you guys think?

I'd say that's just about perfect.
Sponsored

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Received my BMR lowering springs yesterday. Going to install them on my non PP GT this Tuesday. Both excited and nervous. You guys having any recommendations? I just hope the ride isn't that harsh and my car can still make it up my drive way without scraping. Only one way to find out.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Dont worry about it...i just did mine. Not too low...smoother than my pp....you will love it

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Received my BMR lowering springs yesterday. Going to install them on my non PP GT this Tuesday. Both excited and nervous. You guys having any recommendations? I just hope the ride isn't that harsh and my car can still make it up my drive way without scraping. Only one way to find out.
Let us know how it goes. Also have a non PP GT and would like to lower it just barely, but don't want to sacrifice ride quality or really both with changing shocks.

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
A Little BMR Lowering Spring Love

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Still waiting on them thar' drag springs. :gossip:

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Let us know how it goes. Also have a non PP GT and would like to lower it just barely, but don't want to sacrifice ride quality or really both with changing shocks.
Will do. I'm just changing just the springs no. I wish I would have bought spacers. I figure that's something I can do on my own.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Going to get my alignment tomorrow.. .still on the fence about settings. Kelly sent me an aggressive street...track alignment. Really tempted! The oem pp alignment is a good one also....only with a little under steer . When I used to do alignments in my Miata I always sat in the car to counter weight the alignment. Has any one done a Stang alignment sitting in your car?

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Going to get my alignment tomorrow.. .still on the fence about settings. Kelly sent me an aggressive street...track alignment. Really tempted! The oem pp alignment is a good one also....only with a little under steer . When I used to do alignments in my Miata I always sat in the car to counter weight the alignment. Has any one done a Stang alignment sitting in your car?
Every alignment should be done with weight in the car to simulate the driver being in it. If you can be there and sit in it I would. I did for all my cars. But I work in a shop so it's easy for me. If you can't be there have weight added for you when it's being done.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Lowered the front only...also installed MM CC plates. Extremely happy with the results. :thumbsup:

However, I have the full SP080 kit along with the CB005 cradle lockout kit but could not complete the rear install. The drivers side rear cradle bolt will not budge. Tried an air impact, electric impact, and a breaker bar...no bueno. I'm gonna try again tomorrow with the breaker bar again after soaking the bolt overnight with WD-40. My concern is shearing off the bolt head. Anyone have any ideas on how to loosen a stubborn cradle bolt? I know that heat is out of the question; don't need to unnecessarily anneal the dang bolt.

Whats sucks is I was already done with the passenger side rear. Not sure why the hell it is so tight unless the dealer tightened the sh!t out of it when they were troubleshooting & first attempt at a "fix" of my rear drivers side wheel clicking/popping problem. I hope that bolt isn't cross-threaded and stuck in there...:frusty:
LoweredFRT.jpg

Sponsored

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
springs.jpg
Installed my set of springs today. I'm coming from a non PP Mustang GT. I have to say I like the ride better. The stock springs were to soft. Now I need spacers. trying to decide between 20mm or 25mm.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Lowered the front only...also installed MM CC plates. Extremely happy with the results. :thumbsup:

However, I have the full SP080 kit along with the CB005 cradle lockout kit but could not complete the rear install. The drivers side rear cradle bolt will not budge. Tried an air impact, electric impact, and a breaker bar...no bueno. I'm gonna try again tomorrow with the breaker bar again after soaking the bolt overnight with WD-40. My concern is shearing off the bolt head. Anyone have any ideas on how to loosen a stubborn cradle bolt? I know that heat is out of the question; don't need to unnecessarily anneal the dang bolt.

Whats sucks is I was already done with the passenger side rear. Not sure why the hell it is so tight unless the dealer tightened the sh!t out of it when they were troubleshooting & first attempt at a "fix" of my rear drivers side wheel clicking/popping problem. I hope that bolt isn't cross-threaded and stuck in there...:frusty:
Sorry to hear about your issues. So many damn bolts on the back of this car :doh:

The rear of your car sits high. That is a bit higher than I have seen thus far.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Hey Kelly I'm looking at your performance springs to hold me over for a while till I decide to do a full coil over setup once more come to market with reviews. I'm am happy with the PP suspension for now just needs a little moar low! So I think the performance springs will work great for me. But do I need CC plates with them? If so what do you recommend? I have only seen one s550 in at my work for an alignment. It was a technicians friend. The suspension was already done. I don't knows parts but I know it had springs, struts, shocks, sways, CC plates, and adjustable rear control arms. The owner wanted it setup for DD with occasional track day. Front camber was left at 1.5 or 1.8 or so if I remember correctly. My Tech (a Porsche fanatic and known for his alignment skills) said the suspension was designed pretty well for a Ford haha. Everything came to spec like he wanted but he ran out of caster adjustment and would have preferred to adjust it more??? Have you seen that before? Don't know if it's the car or type of CC plate he had. It was not a crazy drop either. I wouldn't imagine any lower than what your springs do. It was a weighted alignment but not corner balanced. Height was not adjustable. Not sure about the struts/shocks.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Sorry to hear about your issues. So many damn bolts on the back of this car :doh:

The rear of your car sits high. That is a bit higher than I have seen thus far.
Hahaha...indeed. You guys are probably used to it; I can only imagine how many times ya'll taken s550 suspension pieces apart. Bet you can do it in you sleep. :cheers:

Agreed...not sure if its the drop of the front or that the road may be slightly angled forward. Took the pic at the end of our cul-de-sac. Hence why I need to get the rear springs installed so the car levels out. Even though the rear drop is going to be minimal, I believe the end result will be perfect. I feel just doing the fronts is only half done. So hopefully, I'll have better success today.

Quick note too on the ride quality. A lot of folks say the PP suspension is bouncy. IMHO, I don't feel the same way, more like it has some spring to it. With just the fronts installed, the ride quality is the same as PP without the springiness. (which was not bad to begin with) Super happy I went with your springs like what I originally planned on doing...well worth the wait. No harshness, stiff, or rough ride...just perfect.

Dustin GI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT prem w/pp
I had the car aligned after letting the springs settle. camber/caster were perfect and all they had to adjust was toe. They had no problem bringing the car in spec. Maybe the BMR toe rods helped. Big thank you again to BMR and Jay at Hypermotive.com
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.