Sponsored

BMR subframe alignment kit

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Looks like the OD of all 4 is the same. I tried completely dropping the subframe with the driveshaft still connected, but still couldn't get enough clearance for the rear 2 sleeves (to drop in from top).

Clearly to push in from the bottom the sleeves need to be 2 to 3 mm smaller.

I also tried using the supplied bolt and washer and an impact gun to try to force in the Dowell / bushing from the bottom.... but no luck.

Any suggestions? (Besides buy the steeda kit)

20231028_084255.jpg

20231027_221824.jpg

20231027_221805.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
djcodeman

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Short answer, Buy Steeda's subframe alignment kit. I bought the BMRs and had the same issue that you're having. Instead of wrestling with them I just bought the Steeda's version, they are made out of hard material unlike BMRs but dimensionally they are spot on and there's no need to wrestle with them. They just slide in, no lubricant needed.

OP
OP
djcodeman

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
Short answer, Buy Steeda's subframe alignment kit. I bought the BMRs and had the same issue that you're having. Instead of wrestling with them I just bought the Steeda's version, they are made out of hard material unlike BMRs but dimensionally they are spot on and there's no need to wrestle with them. They just slide in, no lubricant needed.
I ended up getting the diameter cut down by 3mm and they slid right in. Luckily there is a machine shop at my job so there was no cost to me.

Sponsored

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
picked up my christmas/birthday present from steeda. dual rate springs and adjustable dampers.

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS
My BMRs went in smooth as silk. Easy peasy. 🤷‍♂️

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Lube it up, Get it started, then I used a floor jack with a piece of 2x4 to press it in

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
This is one of the things my local "Mustang Guy" refuses to install. He's not a big BMR fan from what he's told me.

Cheatham

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, Iconic Silver, Perf.Pack. 6 spd
Very easy to install, I had the same problem but didn’t read the directions lol, take a large screw driver or pry bar and remove that metal washer/flange then the bushing slides in and then reinstall the washer/flange back on and as you tighten the bolt it will pop back into place, I believe it was only on the rear of the sub frame and the front 2 slide right in , hope this helps
Sponsored