Sponsored

BMR SCB766 Centering Sleeves Don't Fit Rear Holes

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
@peoples1234 - it is definitely very easy.

I am shocked so many people, even shops, have issues with such a simple task.
There's clearly some cradle differences or a parts packing problem. My fronts dropped in by hand, but the rears absolutely would not fit. Tried to crank them in by hand and then even tried an impact on it. I could have dropped the cradle and tried to drop it in from the top, but just buttoned it up without them and called it a day.
Sponsored

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
The difference in the front to rear hole size is 0.105" if that helps anyone out.
Any idea what the bottom opening size difference is by chance? The issue I encountered wasn't necessarily the size of the rear holes, but the size of the bottom openings. On my rear, there was a metal "grommet" that made the opening even smaller than the hole itself. That's why I figured dropping it in from the top would have worked, just not pressing it in from the bottom.

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Let me explain how this works.

All 4 bushing's ID is the same. Period.

The rear two bushings have a PRESSED IN "STOP PLATE" IE; Travel Limiter on the low side. This washer/plate is meant to limit the travel of the bushing so the rear of the IRS subframe does not fall off the car....

So BMR makes all (4) sleeves the same OD. The reason? To make the system more precise and not have voids on the rears.

To install, you can do any of the following. All VERY VERY easy.

1: As BMR suggests, use a lot of grease and provided bolt to drive the insert up into the bushing sleeve. I have never ever had an issue doing it this way, personally.

2: You can lower the IRS subframe down enough to insert the sleeves. "Drop them down into the bushings" - I have done this once, but only because I had an IRS subframe out of the car. I wouldnt do this on my own car if not needed.

3: Super simple! Pop the plate off! Takes 5 seconds. Insert sleeve, mount plate back up and install bolt. lol..

20200724_131638.jpg

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost

The rear two bushings have a PRESSED IN "STOP PLATE" IE; Travel Limiter on the low side. This washer/plate is meant to limit the travel of the bushing so the rear of the IRS subframe does not fall off the car....

So BMR makes all (4) sleeves the same OD. The reason? To make the system more precise and not have voids on the rears.

1: As BMR suggests, use a lot of grease and provided bolt to drive the insert up into the bushing sleeve. I have never ever had an issue doing it this way, personally.

2: You can lower the IRS subframe down enough to insert the sleeves. "Drop them down into the bushings" - I have done this once, but only because I had an IRS subframe out of the car. I wouldnt do this on my own car if not needed.

3: Super simple! Pop the plate off! Takes 5 seconds. Insert sleeve, mount plate back up and install bolt. lol..

20200724_131638.jpg
Well now that we know that rear plate pops right off, that's a game changer. If that info were supplied by, I don't know, maybe the manufacturer of the product that you're installing, this post probably wouldn't exist lol. Why did it take 3 pages of posts to get this info in the first place?? LOL. Nonethless, thanks for the info! :like:

Sponsored

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Don't shoot the messenger!

Maybe BMR doesn't know. Lol

I'm sure I know a lot more than most companies do about this stuff. Its all I do.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

20200724_131638.jpg
Planning so not seen what is there. Both sides have this plate ? Have the Ford manual on CD, see one the driver side ? Is that a mistake, you having ben there done that <grin> ?

I realize removing the subframe is not going to happen. What's you thoughts for the witness marks shown on the body and subframe ?

Thanks for reading

rear sub frame.png
Sponsored