Sponsored

BG Syncro Shift II from Optimum Performance

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Looking forward to filling my mt82 with the syncroshift II ! I know it's a little less then 3 quarts to fill the tranny and it should be filled till it starts coming out of the fill hole ...but can anyone give advice on how much the rear differential will take? I'm hearing I shouldn't fill until it comes out of the fill hole..any advice appreciated.. ( I've got the Torsen in mine if that matters)
Sponsored

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Looking forward to filling my mt82 with the syncroshift II ! I know it's a little less then 3 quarts to fill the tranny and it should be filled till it starts coming out of the fill hole ...but can anyone give advice on how much the rear differential will take? I'm hearing I shouldn't fill until it comes out of the fill hole..any advice appreciated.. ( I've got the Torsen in mine if that matters)
2.3 Ecoboost, 3.7L V6, & 5.0L V8 1.6qts 75W-85 +4oz friction modifier.

I don't add the friction modifier, and use 75w 140w. typically fill to just a 1/16th to 1/8th below the fill hole.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you order the diff fluid kit from Optimum they give you a dip stick and directions that are near impossible to screw up. IIRC, the dip stick that comes with the diff kit bends down into the hole and the fill line is probably 1/2"-3/4" below the opening.

Last edited:

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
If you order the diff fluid kit from Optimum they give you a dip stick and directions that are near impossible to screw up. IIRC, the dip stick that comes with the diff kit bends down into the hole and the file line is probably 1/2"-3/4" below the opening.
I do have the kit actually, but did not notice the dip stick I will check the box again , thanks man

Sponsored

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I do have the kit actually, but did not notice the dip stick I will check the box again , thanks man
Check again, it will be a black wire tie, bent on one end with a yellow fill line marker. I can take a picture of mine when I get home and measure the depth so you can make one yourself if you don't find it.

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Check again, it will be a black wire tie, bent on one end with a yellow fill line marker. I can take a picture of mine when I get home and measure the depth so you can make one yourself if you don't find it.
Cool I'll check later thanks!

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Yep, it's all right in the kit. Just make sure the car is lifted up enough so you have plenty of clearance to pump it in there.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
I just did this on mine, between the BG and my Blowfish shiftier bracket, I couldn't be happier with the trans/shifter. It was crunchy, and I did experience a lockout once, now its butter and shifts are assured.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Curious, is the code not working? I added it and the combo, and it took the code but says -$0.00

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Curious, is the code not working? I added it and the combo, and it took the code but says -$0.00
Try clearing your Cart, re-enter M6GCOMBO in the coupon field. If it doesn't work just put a note in the field and we will take care of it on our end.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Just purchased the combo kit. The discount code worked for me.

I look forward to trying out the new oils in the car especially the 75w-140 gear oil.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Shifting is so smooth with this fluid. Definitely should be on every manual S550 owner's must do list.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Negatory there Silver50Pony, use the clear plastic cup that has the tape on it. Follow the directions and you can't go wrong.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Just so everyone is clear. The Cup is for the Transmission Fill only. The Rear Axle includes a "Dip Stick" to check level. Neither should really be filled till it comes out the hole because when it gets hot, it will start making it's way out of other places.
Sponsored