Better/modern armor all for dash?

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I used carpro inside yesterday to give my interior a quick spring cleaning…. Not too shiny but does a good job.

IMG_1661.jpeg
Gonna have to try that, esp on the center console. I get little coffee and Monster spills on my center console all the time and know it's gonna start staining it at some point.
Sponsored

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
303 goes one everything not glass in my car, uses Griots Interior Cleaner as a cleaner. I'm still looking for something for the exterior plastic trim, 303 doesn't even last a week on the outside. Guess I gotta look into ceramic coatings for that.
I bought a bottle of turtle wax trim restore for exterior trim. Look great but just did it so don’t know about durability yet.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I've used CarPro Perl for plastics and vinyl, Wolfgang for leather. Both products gave me nice results.

I can appreciate the convenience of in-store shopping. I've used AutoGeek several times and enjoyed using them. Their site and business has a wide variety of products at different price points to choose from.

https://www.autogeek.net/perl-coat-protectant.html

https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-leather-combo.html
Got a bottle of CarPro Perl as well, will have to give that a try too.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I like Perl because it can be diluted very well. I use neat on tires but mix 1:1 for interiors and even 4:1 if I want the sheen to be more subtle.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Now we're talking!!! :like:

The best thing about Perl is that it can cover a variety of applications. Tires, trim, interior plastics, vinyl, leather, engine bays.............................................

Carpro PerlNeatNANATires
1:1250 ml250 mlTires
3:1375 ml175 mlEngine Bay/Exterior Plastics
5:1417 ml83 mlInterior

Tires - I once used Perl neat on tires, which will deliver effortless gloss if applied heavy and not buffed back. I now use it at 1:1 and find it easier to apply and delivers a more consistent finish. If you have Michelin PS4S on your car, Perl is one of the few dressings that plays well with those tires.

Engine Bay - you could probably do this at either 1:1 or 3:1, but I'd favor the later to deliver a more natural finish.

Exterior Plastics - because Perl has some Si02 in the formula, it will last a bit longer on exterior trim when compared to something like 303. Again, the 3:1 will keep the gloss down.

Interior - probably my least favorite applications for Perl, probably because when I did use it on the interior, I hadn't diluted it enough. So definitely start with 5:1 or even 6:1 to keep it muted. I also tried it on leather, and while it's dry to touch, I found it too slippery afterwards.

Additional Notes - in undiluted form, Perl will not atomize with a sprayer, which I could never fathom way Carpro bother supplying it with one rather than a pop top lid. I put an old Adam's tip on the bottle instead.

ax11.jpg

IMG-8578.jpg

IMG-2570.jpg

IMG-2580.jpg

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Nice choice! The great thing about 303 is that it doesn't make treated surfaces look like an oil slick. The end result is a lightly enhanced OEM look.

Just keep in mind, 303 Protectant is not a cleaner, just a dressing. If your interior is relatively clean already, just wipe things down with a damp towel beforehand to remove any dust or light scuffs. If you are dealing with more than that, you may need a secondary product. Personally, I would avoid All-Purpose Cleaner's as these can often be a little too aggressive on interiors, especially with prolonged regular use. I really like the pH neutral P&S Express or Griot's Interior Cleaner for this role. Again, suitable for all interior surfaces.

P&S Detail Products - Xpress Interior Cleaner | The Rag Company
Interior Cleaner - Safe & Effective - Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com)

Another product that you should be able to get anywhere would be Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer. This is basically a detail spray for your interior and can be used on all surfaces including leather. It's great for minor cleaning and dusting, but also contains some dressing and UV inhibitors, but the finished result is even more subtle than 303. In this case, you would treat the interior with 303, then maintain that with the Meg's QID. Another good thing about Meg's QID is that it's very well priced.

Meguiar's® Quik Interior Detailer™, 16 oz. (meguiarsdirect.com)

You could also look at Adam's Total Interior Detailer.

Adam's Polishes Total Interior Detailer | Car Care Interior Cleaning (adamspolishes.com)
Since w2almart.com said the 303 wont arrive for 10 days and they wouldn't let me cancel it I picked up a bottle of the mequires, you right it does a good job and adds a little shine but not over whelming.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I love perl. I use neat on tires and exterior plastic. I feel it holds up strong as long as you try not to completely dog your car out and wash regularly.

1:1 on interior but I switch it up between perl and Koch TS. Koch is interesting cause at first you put it on and you may be super unimpressed but when you come back the next day your interior has this deep rich satin brand new appearance. Just depends on my mood on what I want.

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
What's a good common ( walmart etc ) product to use on dash and door panels. I didn't like the super shinny look but want something with a semi-shine look and also keep it from drying up.

Thanks in advance
I use McGuires ultimate shine. No complaints at all

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I love perl. I use neat on tires and exterior plastic. I feel it holds up strong as long as you try not to completely dog your car out and wash regularly.

1:1 on interior but I switch it up between perl and Koch TS. Koch is interesting cause at first you put it on and you may be super unimpressed but when you come back the next day your interior has this deep rich satin brand new appearance. Just depends on my mood on what I want.
I use TS as well, I actually prefer it to Perl on interiors. Very subdued matte finish. It does wipe on a little wierd but looks great after a few hours.

Sponsored

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I use TS as well, I actually prefer it to Perl on interiors. Very subdued matte finish. It does wipe on a little wierd but looks great after a few hours.
Yep!!! I've come back in a few hours and just said

damn.... great product.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
A ceramic coating like Carpro DLUX will be the longest term choice, but it does require more careful preparation and application.
..but I like Reload as it just seems to work better.
Ever since you mentioned DLUX the first time D, I've been using it on the exterior trim every few months and have been quite happy with it.

BUT, it never occurred to me to try Reload because I thought it was only for a ceramic topper. So, if I understood you correctly, you now prefer Reload on the trim over DLUX or, is it that DLUX is more work?

MY DLUX has been in the cabinet a good while and there isn't much remaining but I have at least a half gallon of Reload. Still haven't had a chance to wash Sarah but I'll give Reload a try on the trim when I do.

Perl will not atomize with a sprayer, which I could never fathom way Carpro bother supplying it with one rather than a pop top lid.
Funny, but I wondered about the spray head, too when I got the first bottle. :cool:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Ever since you mentioned DLUX the first time D, I've been using it on the exterior trim every few months and have been quite happy with it.

BUT, it never occurred to me to try Reload because I thought it was only for a ceramic topper. So, if I understood you correctly, you now prefer Reload on the trim over DLUX or, is it that DLUX is more work?

MY DLUX has been in the cabinet a good while and there isn't much remaining but I have at least a half gallon of Reload. Still haven't had a chance to wash Sarah but I'll give Reload a try on the trim when I do.
DLUX is a great product, but I do wonder how it goes a few years down the track. On paint, you would polish to level the coating down, in turn allowing the fresh coat to bond. You can't do that with plastic trim, so I'm now a little hesitant to use ceramic coatings on trim. Have you found that re-application of DLUX bonds properly with the surface? Probably over thinking this by the way.

Funny, but I wondered about the spray head, too when I got the first bottle. :cool:
And yet, they provide a pump action dispenser with their other tire dressing, Darkside.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Is there something to use for removing the little corners of wax on the black trim? It just seems I can't get it off!!
Sponsored