Sponsored

Best twin turbo company

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I find this to be the most interesting post of all. I'm a patient guy but there is a limit to my patience. The sort of nonsense you and many others have gone through is sad really because these smaller guys have put a lot of effort into these kits just to have it wrecked by a bad rep. Only a matter of time before larger companies deliver something similar with better service. Hellion's new bottom mount TT has me reconsidering them over Blackbird.
It is BS no doubt. Just another day in paradise right lol. Maybe one day I'll have a hell of a mustang to show for all this money and time.

As I said earlier, low HP goal, pick something off the shelf. If you want big power, deal with the bs or go custom.
Sponsored

badash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f250
I vote for LPF, nothing but great things to say about the kit. I too was a little scared about the stock manifold. He told me that if I wanted a custom set made he would do it but not needed. So I went with his basic turbo kit and am completely happy. I think it was 7k for the kit but I did upgrade fuel system and other stuff, I also had him install and tune it. My deal was I wanted one company that could do it all build, install and tune. wanted that comfort that if something was wrong I only had to deal with one place(person) not the finger pointing.

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Just look at youtube or LPF's facebook. They have a ton of cars killin it on the 1/4 strip. Lots of stock motors and full exhaust daily drivers running in the 9's. If i only had them as an option 2.5 yrs ago when i went whipple....

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I have the Blackbird kit. It’s been to 841whp at 14-15psi, I’m sure it’ll do a little more now that I’ve refined the tune. I’ll not a 1/4 guy, find that boring, my car gets whipped at COTA on a regular basis, 30 mins of WOT road course action, and so far no issues with the kit, instead challenges keeping engine temps under control and maintaining fuel pressure in long turns. .

Choosing a turbo kit is not hard. After you decide what features are important to you in a kit, then you will find you’ve narrowed it down to one or two kits. They all have unique features
FDE6948D-F6B4-46F0-ADE4-D2A224829A33.jpeg
57686CD6-E28E-47B5-9ECA-7AD140A078AC.jpeg
Are those Comp turbos?

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
It's looking like Blackbird right now. Fat Fab is out of their mind for the price and Hellion is charging 6-8k for a kit that doesn't even include completely fabbed headers. They state it's not an issue and that fabbing the headers isn't necessary. That's fine and dandy until you charge people a custom price. However they're here everyday and keep up support.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
It's looking like Blackbird right now. Fat Fab is out of their mind for the price and Hellion is charging 6-8k for a kit that doesn't even include completely fabbed headers. They state it's not an issue and that fabbing the headers isn't necessary. That's fine and dandy until you charge people a custom price. However they're here everyday and keep up support.
Whats Blackbird price. I thought their kit was like 20k as well. Fat fab kit is 20k+ or more I thought...did not think the price difference between the two was far off.

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP
Fathouse had a package for the GT for $15k including install. It's not on their website anymore.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Fathouse had a package for the GT for $15k including install. It's not on their website anymore.
Really.....well thats interesting to know. I guess you have to call in for that one. What does it include ?

Yakb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT premium, PP

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Even though some kits are more expensive than others, you should look carefully at the parts you get. For example:
Turbos with stainless steel turbine housings and v band vs cast iron T3 housing
Heavy duty stainless custom headers or reuse stock manifolds
Inter cooler brand
Wastgates and BOV, Tial or Turbosmart or no name brand

Good parts cost more $$$$
Sponsored