aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
What psi you running
So I run about 25 psi cold, and when warmed up, they're about 27 psi.

Is the sway more prominent in the smaller diameter wheels? Meaning 17's would have a taller sidewall than the 20's ?
Interested in this as well. I know plenty of people around town daily on 17" radials and haven't heard complaints from them. I've only heard about the swaying online and experienced it a little myself.
Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
So I run about 25 psi cold, and when warmed up, they're about 27 psi.
Thanks I'm gonna lower mine to 25. My buddy runs his at 17. I just dont want to go that low. Have you tryed any other psi and compare

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thanks I'm gonna lower mine to 25. My buddy runs his at 17. I just dont want to go that low. Have you tryed any other psi and compare
I was told to lower it to around 17 psi when I have business to take care of, and put it right back to 25 when I'm done.

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
I just put some 305/35 20 Toyo R888r on the rear. Seems like I’ve never heard anything but good things about them so figured I’d try them out. They’re being put on the car this week.
Let me know how you like them. I just ordered the same size set for my car instead of MT ET SS's because of the high speed sway the CTSV and Hellcat guys have had with the MT's.

Sponsored

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
So did a bit more testing today. It was overcast (roads cold), about 60 degrees; in 2nd, going about 45-50, at 4500 rpm, they dead hooked on pedal stab and held the whole pull into 3rd, with a shift at 7500. It was the most violent hit I've ever felt my car do and I can't describe how intoxicating it was. I was worried with the fact that they're 20s with only a 35 sidewall ratio would maybe limit them, as a lot of people were saying I'd need 17s, but from a 40 roll and up, they get the job done and then some. I can't even imagine what a roots car would feel like. This was honestly a bit terrifying...

See below

These are radials. I agree, not sure what is causing this subtle gliding feeling. Its nothing really bad; in fact a passenger might not even notice it, but they don't feel as planted as my mp4s do.

However, I still have to play with some variables because I've felt this swaying ever since I picked up the 20s and started using new tires. I was running MPSS in the front, 285/30r20 and Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT in the rear, 315/35r20. I thought it might've been the dunlops first. Then I got the Mickeys, and it feels like it happens at even lower speeds now. I've read people have a similar issue with the Mickeys. Again, nothing alarming enough not to like them, but obviously I'd prefer it if I eliminated the issue.

Since I know for a fact the 19s have no issues, I'll do some process of elimination this week. I'll run with my 19s in the rear for a bit (keep the 20s in the front with the MPSS), see if it goes away. Then if it doesn't, I'll swap back to the 20s with mickeys in the rear and swap to the 19s in the front and see if it goes away. If it doesn't at that point, I might need new ideas.
How many ounces did it take to balance your MT's?

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Let me know how you like them. I just ordered the same size set for my car instead of MT ET SS's because of the high speed sway the CTSV and Hellcat guys have had with the MT's.
That's probably not the best apples to apple comparison. Those cars both weigh ~500 lbs more than you and you'll feel sway with damn near any tire over a 35 sidewall in a 305+ (Came from a v2 sedan and wagon). PSI makes a huge change in ride quality as well.

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
Dont want to derail the thread but what tire pressure are FI guys running on the street with 555rs/ss street 305/35 20. Dont know if there is a difference in tier pressure for the 2 brands.

Thanks joe
I run my Nittos at 26psi. If I am going to play more then usual on the street I will bring them down to 20-22psi.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I have 20x11 rears on 315/35/20. Pretty flush. Rears about due thinking of going with the 555R mentioned here in preparation for fi (have 555g2 now). Are 305 the widest the r comes in?
Looks like both the 555r and the ET SS only come in at 305 at the widest. Any comparable tire available in 315/35/20? I see the NTO5R does but apparently I would die in the rain :facepalm:

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
That's probably not the best apples to apple comparison. Those cars both weigh ~500 lbs more than you and you'll feel sway with damn near any tire over a 35 sidewall in a 305+ (Came from a v2 sedan and wagon). PSI makes a huge change in ride quality as well.
That's true but I'm not confident in the 85mph speed rating of the MT ET SS tires either. I've cut 1.7 60ft times on the stock Michelin MPS4S tires and I've seen a Viper on R888R's go 8's at 180+mph so they should work out just fine. I'll take the extra stability and higher speed rating.
Sponsored