Sponsored

Best tires 20inch drag radials for supercharged car

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
My '18 goes in for the Roush kit in a few days so I will probably be looking for drag radials soon. I was thinking of ordering some 10.5 wide Performance replicas as well.

Any ideas on a good size to run that will be flush with the rear fenders ? I've read that 305's should be perfect but just don't know
I dont think they make 10.5 inch wide pp1 replicas, they are 10 inch. I have the 20x10 inch and they fit well with 315/35/20's 305s would also be great.
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I'm in the tropics so wet roads are possible everyday. I went with Nitto 555r. Best daily all around tire IMO.
Interesting that they dont come in 19's , good thing my pp1 replicas are 20's though. Are yours on 20's? How much hp are they holding?

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Interesting that they dont come in 19's , good thing my pp1 replicas are 20's though. Are yours on 20's? How much hp are they holding?
I have a whipple stage 2 so about 650 whp. Yes 20s 305 35 20. They aren't the stickest tire but overall they are great and they beat any summer tire out there.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Nt05r works perfect as a daily on my car, but depending on how much power you’re making, you still might have traction issues in 2nd gear.
Does it never rain there? I have those on my car currently. And the are horrible in the rain.

RBINCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 10r80 GT, 07 GT500 Vert
M/T Street SS

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I dont think they make 10.5 inch wide pp1 replicas, they are 10 inch. I have the 20x10 inch and they fit well with 315/35/20's 305s would also be great.
I have 20x11 rears on 315/35/20. Pretty flush. Rears about due thinking of going with the 555R mentioned here in preparation for fi (have 555g2 now). Are 305 the widest the r comes in?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m following this thread myself and I’m leaning towards 305/35/20’s Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S for the rears with MT Street Comps up front. My only concern is if I get caught in the wet or rain I don’t want to die or wreck the car but it seems if you take it easy you’ll be fine.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I mounted the ET Street SS in 20s yesterday. First impressions are: they hook (even at mid 700s, I was able to ease into first gear and second gear and they grabbed, which I couldn't do in the MP4S at all. I'll report back on how they do on WOT in those gears later). They started to sway even at lower speeds (like 85), but I'm not sure if that's because they're still new. Lastly, I drove home in a light drizzle last night, so I stayed on the feeder roads for about a 5 mile drive home and I didn't feel any squirrelyness at all.

So far...I'm a fan.

ckendri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I mounted the ET Street SS in 20s yesterday. First impressions are: they hook (even at mid 700s, I was able to ease into first gear and second gear and they grabbed, which I couldn't do in the MP4S at all. I'll report back on how they do on WOT in those gears later). They started to sway even at lower speeds (like 85), but I'm not sure if that's because they're still new. Lastly, I drove home in a light drizzle last night, so I stayed on the feeder roads for about a 5 mile drive home and I didn't feel any squirrelyness at all.

So far...I'm a fan.
Highly interested in more information as you use these!

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I am Interested in hearing about this high speed sway.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

So far...I'm a fan.
Are these a radial or bias ply? Shouldn’t have sway from a radial...

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Dont want to derail the thread but what tire pressure are FI guys running on the street with 555rs/ss street 305/35 20. Dont know if there is a difference in tier pressure for the 2 brands.

Thanks joe

UHOH5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 PP1
Is the sway more prominent in the smaller diameter wheels? Meaning 17's would have a taller sidewall than the 20's ?

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Highly interested in more information as you use these!
So did a bit more testing today. It was overcast (roads cold), about 60 degrees; in 2nd, going about 45-50, at 4500 rpm, they dead hooked on pedal stab and held the whole pull into 3rd, with a shift at 7500. It was the most violent hit I've ever felt my car do and I can't describe how intoxicating it was. I was worried with the fact that they're 20s with only a 35 sidewall ratio would maybe limit them, as a lot of people were saying I'd need 17s, but from a 40 roll and up, they get the job done and then some. I can't even imagine what a roots car would feel like. This was honestly a bit terrifying...

I am Interested in hearing about this high speed sway.
See below

Are these a radial or bias ply? Shouldn’t have sway from a radial...
These are radials. I agree, not sure what is causing this subtle gliding feeling. Its nothing really bad; in fact a passenger might not even notice it, but they don't feel as planted as my mp4s do.

However, I still have to play with some variables because I've felt this swaying ever since I picked up the 20s and started using new tires. I was running MPSS in the front, 285/30r20 and Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT in the rear, 315/35r20. I thought it might've been the dunlops first. Then I got the Mickeys, and it feels like it happens at even lower speeds now. I've read people have a similar issue with the Mickeys. Again, nothing alarming enough not to like them, but obviously I'd prefer it if I eliminated the issue.

Since I know for a fact the 19s have no issues, I'll do some process of elimination this week. I'll run with my 19s in the rear for a bit (keep the 20s in the front with the MPSS), see if it goes away. Then if it doesn't, I'll swap back to the 20s with mickeys in the rear and swap to the 19s in the front and see if it goes away. If it doesn't at that point, I might need new ideas.

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2

So far...I'm a fan.
What psi you running
Sponsored