Best mustang convertible edition?

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
I'm a ragtop guy all day. I bought a loaded Race Red '18 GT 10r80 and made it special with some mods.

Edelbrock supercharger for 700 rwhp, some rear suspension mods to stop wheel hop, jacking rails and frame bracing to lessen body flexing on uneven roads and a 4-point roll bar for safety and to further solidify the frame even more.

That's how I took a regular Mustang GT Convertible and made it "special". Plus, you get to customize it to your individual preferences. Good luck...

1000002533.jpg
1000002927.jpg
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I made my 2015 special by installing a 2017 PP1 suspension complete with horizontal and vertical trailing arms and sway bars.

It's impressive how tight the handling is now.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Pkg, Pony Pkg
I'm a ragtop guy all day. I bought a loaded Race Red '18 GT 10r80 and made it special with some mods.

Edelbrock supercharger for 700 rwhp, some rear suspension mods to stop wheel hop, jacking rails and frame bracing to lessen body flexing on uneven roads and a 4-point roll bar for safety and to further solidify the frame even more.

That's how I took a regular Mustang GT Convertible and made it "special". Plus, you get to customize it to your individual preferences. Good luck...

1000002533.jpg
1000002927.jpg
Is that 4 point bar bolt in or welded in ? You have done exactly what I'd love to do once I find the "right" car.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I had a guy always telling me about his Tommy Hilfiger special edition Mustang. It was just a red convertible with a Hilfiger badge stuck to the center dash. I always thought he was just a doofus trying to convince everybody until one day he came in all excited because the dealer had called him to tell him they now had a Tommy Hilfiger van in stock. He went running down there cash in hand. Despite working in the industry I managed to lose even more of what little respect I had for dealerships that day.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Is that 4 point bar bolt in or welded in ? You have done exactly what I'd love to do once I find the "right" car.
Bolt-in. I had it done professionally, instead of risking screwing it up myself. All the other mods I did with my wife. Her smaller hands could better attach the fuel rails and port injectors. I have sausage fingers. Plus, the local drag strip won't let convertibles that run under 13.5 on their track without a roll bar/cage, fire jacket and approved helmet. I won't be able to get to the track, until the new season begins sometime in March. I think that she's a 10-second car even at this mile-high altitude. She's still somewhat of a sleeper when I have the top closed and the cutouts closed. I still have stock mufflers, so all any of the Hellcat and Camaro/Corvette guys see is a fat old guy puttering around in a tame convertible. I have surprised more than I haven't. Lol..

Last edited:

Sponsored

S14Wolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big K
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert with Stg2 Whipple

Where'd you get the Roll Bar? I'm going to need one if I want to do a track day.

Blueflame1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT/CS Convertible, Atlas Blue
Look for a 2022 GT/CS Premium Convertible with the various upgrades that were available to order that year. With all the options this CS was more than just an "appearance package". Here is my convertible with the options ordered. Extremely pleased with it.

California Special Package
Equipment Group 401A package
GT Performance Package
Magneride Damping System
Active Exhaust
B&O Sound System
10 Speed Automatic Transmission (Manual Transmission is standard)

From this point you can easily add furthers mods if you want more horsepower if that is your desire.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Royal Crimson was that beautiful red color. And in '17 they had a one year only color that was a pearl white and it was gorgeous in the sun. White platinum I think.
There are only 515 Ecoboost convertibles in Royal Crimson according to a Marti report I saw posted. I imagine that the GT convertible numbers are similar, so yes, one in that colour would give you rarity for sure.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Where'd you get the Roll Bar? I'm going to need one if I want to do a track day.

I got mine from Steeda. It's an Autopower Safety Equipment brand. They just list that particular model as 2015 and up Mustangs. I got the street version, but I would get the Street Sport version, if I were doing it again. I think that the Street Sport version has both a removable horizontal crossbar and a removable diagonal crossbar. That model is a 4-point bolt-in too.

I think that Kirk Racing Products, in Alabama, makes the same types as Autopower, but are custom ordered by phone and may be less expensive overall. I would call them and check it out.

As for the Autopower, they're bare steel. You have to have them painted or powder-coated on your own. I had mine powder-coated semi-gloss black. Gloss black is too shiny and shows every smudge, fingerprint and micro scratch, especially in daylight. Kirk Racing Products may paint or powder coat their bars and cages, before shipping. You would have to ask them.

If you have your bar powder coated yourself, make sure to leave the small end of the rear support bar bare or it won't fit into the front crossbar. My installer had to manually remove the power coat in those locations with a powered steel wire rotary brush to get the bars to connect and bolt up properly.

Allow lots of time for delivery. Both vendors build your order from scratch and then ship by truck lines. Good luck. Let us know how it goes...

Sponsored

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
The GT/CS is just an appearance package though isn’t it? Seems like an hole in there market for a higher performance convertible.

They typically come with more. Mine has the 401A package, Performance Package, Magneride, active exhaust and it is as fast as I need.

OP
OP

Shanksfornothin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teejay
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lexus IS200T
They typically come with more. Mine has the 401A package, Performance Package, Magneride, active exhaust and it is as fast as I need.
That sounds like a great set-up if I could find something like that used I’d be all over it unfortunately those are extremely rare with all those options on one place. Hold on to that one!

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
That sounds like a great set-up if I could find something like that used I’d be all over it unfortunately those are extremely rare with all those options on one place. Hold on to that one!
I found an identical one except for the color in Atlanta when I bought mine.

its a great car and I take it to Florida regularly. Only issue I have is that my butt gets sore after several hours of driving if I forget to take out my wallet

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium Vert 401A A10
Vehicle Showcase

its a great car and I take it to Florida regularly. Only issue I have is that my butt gets sore after several hours of driving if I forget to take out my wallet

IMG_1189.jpeg

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
Like has been said already the PP1 on a GT vert is as good as it gets from ford. If your looking at used, the PP1 vert was not available until 16 and only came with a manual in 16 and 17. In 18 they finally offered an auto on a vert with the PP1. The 16-17's were gen 2's with an MT-82 and the 18+ were gen 3's with the MT-82 D4

The original grabber blue (non metallic) was a 17 only color and ford only made 24 GT verts with the PP1 in GB, in 18 they had a beautiful dark red metallic, can't remember the name ATM and the grabber blue metallic was in 22-23.
The color you are thinking of is "Royal Crimson" I am kind of partial to it myself
Sponsored