Sponsored

Best Diff Cooler Solution for My Goals ?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Still nobody has got the diff temp display working in a tech car. You can't add options without reprograming the module involved, not with Forscan.
If the weather stays above freezing for the next couple of weeks, I'll post up my diff temp sensor install based on [MENTION=29216]jwb[/MENTION] 's write up. Might seem like a minor victory but I think having the diff temp info next season will help me decide on a cooler install or not. This'll be just for an OEM diff temp display not a functioning diff cooler.
Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I thought someone had gotten it to work on a tech car?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I thought someone had gotten it to work on a tech car?
Yup, [MENTION=29216]jwb[/MENTION] reported hooking up a sensor to one of the connectors by the driver’s side kick panel but didn’t “show his work” IIRC. He did write it up and gave us a parts list.

I think some of the info is in the Forscan thread and some here:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69499

OP
OP

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Aha ! Was convinced JWB had gotten his diff temp reading working. Thanks so much for confirming that, your write up will be most appreciated. Like you, I am on the fence about the diff cooler, although if I could have the OEM diff gauge work along with the cooler kit, I would happily do that. Do not know why I am so stubborn about trying to have both work , suppose I could just add an aftermarket guage, but it bugs me. If it were not for the fact that the kit diff cover doubles the capacity, I would be tempted to try to drill/tap a hole for the kit switch to sit in with the original cover. Or, better, wonder if it would be possible to use some sort of aluminum fitting to create a new “blind hole” on the kit diff cover for the original sensor to work ?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Aha ! Was convinced JWB had gotten his diff temp reading working. Thanks so much for confirming that, your write up will be most appreciated. Like you, I am on the fence about the diff cooler, although if I could have the OEM diff gauge work along with the cooler kit, I would happily do that. Do not know why I am so stubborn about trying to have both work , suppose I could just add an aftermarket guage, but it bugs me. If it were not for the fact that the kit diff cover doubles the capacity, I would be tempted to try to drill/tap a hole for the kit switch to sit in with the original cover. Or, better, wonder if it would be possible to use some sort of aluminum fitting to create a new “blind hole” on the kit diff cover for the original sensor to work ?
I remember being out of my mind when we found we could do an OEM Trans temp display! I’ll feel the same if this install works for the diff temp. I don’t want to add any guages I don’t need to.
A few of us were trying to figure out the Forscan modules and lines to change, as well as the wiring, to have OEM diff cooler operation. I think we got close to definitively finding out if this was feasible but stopped working on it. I’m still hopeful this can be figured out but not counting on anything.
Most of this is in the thread I posted above.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
My mind is slipping a bit, check the link above, last page, all sorts of great info from [MENTION=29216]jwb[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21407]kgschrader[/MENTION] (both who've gotten the diff temp display).

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Yep they got the temp display working, so add in kit with manual switch and your ready to go.

OP
OP

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
No, you do not have the blind hole for the gauge with the cooling kit diff cover. Anyone know the size/ thread spec of the sensor ? Think creating a bung for the sensor and tig welding it to the cover might work ?
Sponsored