Been on any looooong road trips yet?

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
dude.. i just moved to california from astoria queens. :cheers:
Jealous beyond words, bro. Enjoy the weather out there!!:cheers:

Today this happened to me for the first time - at least the first time I was aware of it. I was heading west on I-8 in fairly light traffic and the other driver was in a VW something-or-other, briefly hanging around, revving his engine. I don't think he was trying to "race" (why in the world would he want to do that? :confused:), but rather just wanted to see this thing move. (I guess?) Alas, I would not humor him and he gave up. :p
Never underestimate the stupidity of others. I've had the most random cars try to race me at the absolute most random of times. A Fiat once tried to race me down in northern VA with a cop two cars behind us....:doh:

As my girl likes to say, you just can't help everyone.:D
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Gonna be doing a "road trip" around the island. A whopping 90 miles.

Yes, that is our version of a road trip.

But I plan to stop at the touristy areas along the way (North Shore, Waikiki, sandy beach, Pearl Harbor, etc)

Eventually I'll get stuck in Honolulu traffic so that'll just make everything lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Gonna be doing a "road trip" around the island. A whopping 90 miles.

Yes, that is our version of a road trip.

But I plan to stop at the touristy areas along the way (North Shore, Waikiki, sandy beach, Pearl Harbor, etc)

Eventually I'll get stuck in Honolulu traffic so that'll just make everything lovely.

I had a major case of "rock fever" when I was on the island for a year. Just the sound of a 90 mile round trip makes me feel claustrophobic again!

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I had a major case of "rock fever" when I was on the island for a year. Just the sound of a 90 mile round trip makes me feel claustrophobic again!

You can circle the island in 90 minutes. Oahu gives you island fever big time. If you want wide open spaces, go to the Big Island. Only problem is that it's very rural and it's like the Wild West out there.

Sponsored

terminator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Michigan to Denver in October, Denver to Michigan and back to Denver two weeks ago. Zero complaints at all 1302 miles each way drove it straight though every time averaged 22 miles per gallon but did at least at 85 mph most of the way.

O-H-5-0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350; 2016 F-150
Glad to hear most are finding the car comfortable for long trips. I'm planning on heading to seeing my sister and her family in near Philly over Memorial Day which is about a 7-8 hour drive. Looking forward to it and my brother in law is a huge car nut, so he is excited too. :D

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Big Island circle drive...

If you ever visit the Big Island...do rent a convertible and take your time going around the island. I loved stopping up on the Kohalas, laying down on the grass in the sun and watching waves come rolling in from Japan. Great memories...especially for someone escaping from Minnesota winters. Just watch out for traffic on both the SW and SE sides of the island.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
If you ever visit the Big Island...do rent a convertible and take your time going around the island. I loved stopping up on the Kohalas, laying down on the grass in the sun and watching waves come rolling in from Japan. Great memories...especially for someone escaping from Minnesota winters. Just watch out for traffic on both the SW and SE sides of the island.

To add to this, Hawaii Belt Road and Saddle road are some good driving roads. On Belt road you can hit triple digits easily. Don't ask how I know [emoji52][emoji52][emoji52][emoji52][emoji52]

Pokergeneg

POKERGENE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO
Cush --- about that brake noise, I had the same problem, took it into the dealer and
he order two brake pads and rotors--two days later took it back in and 2 1/2 hrs later
drove off the lot and over 5 wks later been brake noise-free. In a couple of mos I will
be driving from Vegas to Panama City FL.

Sponsored

mag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White GT Prem. w/PP & Redline
Just did a road trip to Vegas. My wife usually complains on long drives, but she was sat reading the whole way there and back - the cooled seats really kept her happy and comfortable.

The car itself just wafted along at 75-80 the whole way. Quiet and controlled. The PP suspension didn't feel harsh at any point, despite some pretty bad pavement.

I don't usually listen to Sirius, because it sounds so tinny, but it was nice to be able to tune into the BBC World service and not have to hunt for different stations as they came and went out of signal coverage.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Central Cal to Boise in one day, then home three days later over Thanksgiving. 1600 miles. GT Premium with Premier seats. Very comfortable. Smooth and quiet on the road. No complaints. 26 mpg brand new. Did the front half of that drive again in February, with 8,000 miles on the car. 28-29 mpg. Just as smooth and quiet and comfortable.

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT, 03 F150
Just completed a 3601 mile trip from Mn to Fl. Drove mostly highways and kept it at typical speeds for the state I was in. 2.5 days down, 2 (15 hours, 875 miles) days back. Car was perfect and a pleasure to drive. The average MPG for the trip was 26.5. Not too bad I think.

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Planning NYC to San Diego and back in a few months. Across the country and back in ten days.
Hey Jimmy...it's been a few months.
When do you plan on arriving in San Diego? :D

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Just completed a 3601 mile trip from Mn to Fl. Drove mostly highways and kept it at typical speeds for the state I was in. 2.5 days down, 2 (15 hours, 875 miles) days back. Car was perfect and a pleasure to drive. The average MPG for the trip was 26.5. Not too bad I think.
Nice. :thumbsup:
I have found that the AT really spoiled me on my trip. After having driven manual for forever it was a nice change. :D
Sponsored