klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Hi all,
Reviving my kinda oldish thread to throw in a pic of everyone's favorite Ford product with Mt Shasta in the background, taken earlier today ;) Arriving back home to San Diego tomorrow. Very interesting trip thus far. I found out the car alarm truly works while I was in my hotel room. I had gotten back late and ended up with the sketchiest parking space possible.
Nothing was taken nor the car damaged. Seems someone may have pulled the handle to see if it was unlocked then took off when it sounded. Jerk. :paddle:
The guy at the front desk let me move my car to his reserved spot by the front door :hail:
image.jpg
Sponsored

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Detroit, MI for NAIAS 2015 :) in January, two months after the car was delivered. Trip from Baltimore, brought her right back to the homeland

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
About to go from Clearwater, FL to Nashville, TN for my girlfriend's friend's wedding. 24 hour round trip, it'll be fun. I'll probably average shit gas like 26 mpg and I'll hear her whine the whole time how we should've rented a gas saver instead.

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
About to go from Clearwater, FL to Nashville, TN for my girlfriend's friend's wedding. 24 hour round trip, it'll be fun. I'll probably average shit gas like 26 mpg and I'll hear her whine the whole time how we should've rented a gas saver instead.
I averaged about 22.3 from Longview WA to the Bay Area via I-5. Still have to head home to San Diego today (at this moment I am on a yacht! :cool:) but I don't think that'll change much. Granted I forgot to reset the little mileage gauge after driving through downtown Seattle, etc. :doh:

Maybe let your girlfriend drive part of the way and she won't complain? :p

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I did a trip 8 hours each way and was very impressed with how comfortable the car is.

Sponsored

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Wow, you will be driving right by my house by about half of a mile if you stick to I-5, live just a little ways off the freeway about 20min south of Longview. Grew up in Castle Rock which is about 5 miles north of there too. Have a nice trip! Will wave at you as you go by... :)

Chris
You are from Rassle Cock? I used to live up off of the Barnes Rd/Toutle Park Drive exit, back in the late 80's. Also used to tend bar at the Eagle's lodge there.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Just a couple of 3.5 hour road trips to get tattooed for 10 hours, and then drive back another 3.5 hours.

Love it!

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I averaged about 22.3 from Longview WA to the Bay Area via I-5. Still have to head home to San Diego today (at this moment I am on a yacht! :cool:) but I don't think that'll change much. Granted I forgot to reset the little mileage gauge after driving through downtown Seattle, etc. :doh:

Maybe let your girlfriend drive part of the way and she won't complain? :p
That's exactly how much I used to average in my '13 5.0 premium manual with 3:31s, sometimes 23 or 24 but it was difficult. She does drive manual so she better help, she's paying for half the gas that's why she's gonna whine lol, she thinks 26 city is "meh gas mileage" because she gets 34, she's those eco lame people.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Took the wife on a road trip from PHX to Flagstaff via Sedona. About 3 hours one way, but we took 89A which is a fun twisty turny type of road up the mountain. That was fun! I mentioned this in a dif. thread, but it was a neat thrill - we counted 13 different S550 between Sedona and Flagstaff (about 20 miles). Crazy amount, since down in PHX I've seen less than 10 in 5 months.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Updated comments from me:

I've done a few 5 hour drives down to Northern VA so far, but I just took a 10 hour road trip from NYC to Toronto - a little over 500 miles. I made this drive many, many times with my S197 so I was curious to see how the S550 would compare. A few general observations:

1. Very smooth ride throughout (whether in normal or sport+ mode);
2. The leather seats are better than I initially thought;
3. I was pleased with the climate control;
4. The different placement of the console makes a world of a difference;
5. The extra tech that comes with the premium package is nice to have for a long drive (my S197 was a base GT);
6. I really don't like the Pirellis that come on the car;
7. This car pulls HARD at 65 mph and up. I always thought my '12 GT had a strong motor and never really bought into the idea of the S550 being noticeably faster. But this road trip certainly changed my mind. At one point I dropped the hammer while cruising at just under 70 mph (had to get out of a sticky situation) and literally 2 seconds later I was close to triple digits. And the butt dyno felt every bit of it too, forget this "refined" nonsense.

On a side note - in the 48 hours since I left NYC, I've received more compliments on my car than I did in the 4 months since taking delivery in November. Whether it was NJ, PA, upstate NY, or in Canada... everyone loves this car.

Shame on you, NYC...:tsk::paddle::thumbdown:

Sponsored

dtxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CompOFiveO
have done a lot of 4-5 hour trips and the car is very comfortable with the standard leather seats! mileage sucks, but i also don't baby it at all. I keep it in 5th, unless I'm doing >65.

will be driving over 24 hours from texas to california soon, looking forward to it!

ry1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 convenience pk, shadow black
Thanks Farmudenh. I'm looking at same setup for hopefully a 2016 order in late May.
How was the gas mileage with 3.55 Auto on highway?
Was the seat comfort better compared to s197? I've to keep adjusting my seat in 2013 s197 during longer highway trips.

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
I have as yet to see below 28-29 with my car, and that was cruising at 80+ mph. When it had the shit 87 in the tank from the dealer, I saw 35+ on the highway at 72-75 mph. Don't think you will have a fuel mileage issue..lol.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
You are from Rassle Cock? I used to live up off of the Barnes Rd/Toutle Park Drive exit, back in the late 80's. Also used to tend bar at the Eagle's lodge there.
Yeah, I grew up there on Headquarters Road just south of Castle Rock. My parents and brothers still live there and have many relatives and friends around there to this day as well. Those old logging supported communities are struggling much more these days, that is for sure!

Chris

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I have as yet to see below 28-29 with my car, and that was cruising at 80+ mph. When it had the shit 87 in the tank from the dealer, I saw 35+ on the highway at 72-75 mph. Don't think you will have a fuel mileage issue..lol.
That gives me hope! I figure most the way we will go 65-80 mph so if I see those numbers(28+) I'm going to be very happy.
Sponsored