BBK H-Pipe+BBK Long Tubes

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Fastback V6 M/T
Hello All,

I have just ordered a set of BBK Chrome Long Tune Headers and
a BBK [mid]Catted-H-pipe for my 2015 sixer. I already have Roush Axlebacks (which I love!!) but, I want a deeper tone, Hence the H-pipe and Long tube purchase.
I also have a new JLT Cold air intake coming in the mail now to pair with my BBK 73mm throttle body and SR performance spiral bored-(Bored out to 73mm) Throttle body spacer.

I will be sure to upload a video with sound clips of the Revs/take offs once the BBK headers and H-pipe is installed.

I'm hoping that with the help of Torrie over at Unleashed (He's the best!), I will have one hell of a fast and deep growling V6.

I know I could have went a lot cheaper with a set of shorties and an X-pipe but, I wanted to roll the dice with this one in all hopes that the Long Tubes and H-pipe will prove to be worth the money.

I've also ordered Exhaust Heat Wrap w/ steel ties. "Anything worth doing, is worth doing right!" -Hunter S. Thompson...

Stay tuned**
Sponsored

Last edited:

joonkim92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ingot silver mustang v6
Hello All,

I have just ordered a set of BBK Chrome Long Tune Headers and
a BBK [mid]Catted-H-pipe for my 2015 sixer. I already have Roush Axlebacks (which I love!!) but, I want a deeper tone, Hence the H-pipe and Long tube purchase.
I also have a new JLT Cold air intake coming in the mail now to pair with my BBK 73mm throttle body and SR performance spiral bored-(Bored out to 73mm) Throttle body spacer.

I will be sure to upload a video with sound clips of the Revs/take offs once the BBK headers and H-pipe is installed.

I'm hoping that with the help of Torrie over at Unleashed (He's the best!), I will have one hell of a fast and deep growling V6.

I know I could have went a lot cheaper with a set of shorties and an X-pipe but, I wanted to roll the dice with this one in all hopes that the Long Tubes and H-pipe will prove to be worth the money.

I've also ordered Exhaust Heat Wrap w/ steel ties. "Anything worth doing, is worth doing right!" -Hunter S. Thompson...

Stay tuned**
Dude I cannot wait to hear your setup. I really want longtubes but have been holding back. Please upload the vids asap

OP
OP
NavyNolan

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will upload, no worries. Still waiting for them to arrive here in the U.K.

I think the Catted H-pipe with long tubes HAS to sound legit! Catless with the Roush Axlebacks would be insane but, I get up early for work and it's a daily driver so my neighbors wouldn't really enjoy that. I hope Torrie from Unleashed tuning can get a Ghost cam tune at some point in the future, I LOVE that deep-old muscle car very slow/loping Idle.

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
really stoked to hear how this turns out as well! long tubes and an h pipe have been on my wish list for a while.

OP
OP
NavyNolan

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the BBK Catted Mid/H-pipe w/ the matching chrome BBK long tube headers. I am going to wrap the headers good as well. I'll post a video when it all arrives and is installed. (I haven't seen any on Youtube with my setup to include the Roush axlebacks+my JLT cold air intake due to arrive today). This car will be on the Dyno within a month as well so I'll have a post on that to come :)

Dude I cannot wait to hear your setup. I really want longtubes but have been holding back. Please upload the vids asap
really stoked to hear how this turns out as well! long tubes and an h pipe have been on my wish list for a while.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NavyNolan

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BBK LONG TUBES all Wrapped with Titanium Heat Wrap. Just waiting for BBK to send me the CATTED H-Pipe...Can't Wait!!!!!

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Oh no you've covered up all the shiny bits ! :D

Looking forward for when you dyno it with the long tubes. These engines sound mean with long tubes.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Very interested to see what it sounds like when you get it all installed. Long tubes are intriguing but I feel like it's a delicate balance to not get too raspy of a noise with them.

OP
OP
NavyNolan

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very interested to see what it sounds like when you get it all installed. Long tubes are intriguing but I feel like it's a delicate balance to not get too raspy of a noise with them.
I've been told by BBK that the Long tubes + H=Catted Mid-pipe will actually cut the "rasp', vice going with Shorties and an Non-Catted X-pipe which they said will be A LOT more raspy. Some people want that loudness, not me. Hence the Catted H-mid pipe BBK is going to ship at the end of the month. I will be sure to upload Videos and hopefully get on the Dyno soon after. There is a Dyno shop down the road here in England and the owner builds race cars, he's just purchased a 2015 3.7L V-6 engine to put in one of his road course racers and wants to see it first hand.

OP
OP
NavyNolan

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh no you've covered up all the shiny bits ! :D

Looking forward for when you dyno it with the long tubes. These engines sound mean with long tubes.
Yeah, the shiny-bits will turn multi-colored/blue soon enough. I hope these wraps help keep the engine temps down a bit. We will see!

Sponsored

JosephManu

Rookie Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Package
Nice men, im making the same in mine but going w/ ceramic finish. But I'll stay w/ my Flowmaster :headbang::headbang:

OP
OP
NavyNolan

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, Just installed the BBK Long Tubes + Catted H-pipe...Sounds like a low toned and deep grumbly mutha F'r!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! It actually smoothed out what tiny bit a drone I had at cruising in 6th gear around 1600-1900 RPM.

BBK did not send me the correct O2 extensions, they were 8-pin, not the required 6 pin, so for now (until they send me a new set), I am riding around with out O2 sensors. I have a Check engine light but, I also have an SCT X4 ECU programmer from unleashed so, I will sort that out tomorrow. The car does not seem anywhere nearly as raspy and the sound is deep and mellow like a muscle car V8. Reminds me of my old 1973 Plymouth Duster 340 V8!

I am so glad that this set up kept my 'Suitcase' rear resonator in place, as it would be WAY too loud as a daily driver. You can control the loudness by not mashing the gas pedal. When you do have a heavy foot though, MY LAWDY, She screams like a virgin on prom night!

Highly recommend this set up!!

Audio clip soon to come.

Last edited:

JosephManu

Rookie Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Performance Package
So, Just installed the BBK Long Tubes + Catted H-pipe...Sounds like a low toned and deep grumbly mutha F'r!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! It actually smoothed out what tiny bit a drone I had at cruising in 6th gear around 1600-1900 RPM.

BBK did not send me the correct O2 extensions, they were 8-pin, not the required 6 pin, so for now (until they send me a new set), I am riding around with out O2 sensors. I have a Check engine light but, I also have an SCT X4 ECU programmer from unleashed so, I will sort that out tomorrow. The car does not seem anywhere nearly as raspy and the sound is deep and mellow like a muscle car V8. Reminds me of my old 1973 Plymouth Duster 340 V8!

I am so glad that this set up kept my 'Suitcase' rear resonator in place, as it would be WAY too loud as a daily driver. You can control the loudness by not mashing the gas pedal. When you do have a heavy foot though, MY LAWDY, She screams like a virgin on prom night!

Highly recommend this set up!!

Audio clip soon to come.
Glad u complete ur set up brotha. I order my hpipe, sould be arriving in 3 weeks. Then hopefully i'll hav time to install it myself. Dealer tried to charge me $400 for installation :crazy::crazy:
Good luck, stay safety, keep moving:headbang:
Sponsored