Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I've been searching for the thread, but a while ago someone posted up the colours GT350 will be available in, and one of them was a shade of grey. Topnotch (I think) then posted up an Audi in a non-metallic grey.

Well, the new Focus ST has just been launched at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Checkout the colour...........same as will be available on GT350?

:)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
And is that Jim Farley with the microphone? :)

Steve@CJPP

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT Prem PP
I've been searching for the thread, but a while ago someone posted up the colours GT350 will be available in, and one of them was a shade of grey. Topnotch (I think) then posted up an Audi in a non-metallic grey.

Well, the new Focus ST has just been launched at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Checkout the colour...........same as will be available on GT350?

That is the Stealth Gray for you guys across the pond correct? Also I assume the headlight washer is a UK feature as well? What are your thoughts about the new look?

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, ugly headlamp washers..........they're a requirement for cars with HID/Xenon lamps. Even my 11 year old BMW 3-series has flush washers ;)

As for the look? Love the front and profile, not keen on the rear lights, but no deal breaker. It's a great looking hot hatch though, and would be my pick of the bunch.

I'll need to do some research as, I must admit, I've never seen that colour on a UK Ford. That's not to say it hasn't been available before though.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Stealth the same as Avalanche Gray?

Sponsored

OKCfan

Yep it was avalanche gray.... did a search and this is all I could find:

:D:D

On a serious note I wonder why they would add yet another gray paint option instead of replacing Magnetic. I would love to see them bring Wimbledon White into the mix. Seeing it on the LE's has been a treat.

Steve@CJPP

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Yep, ugly headlamp washers..........they're a requirement for cars with HID/Xenon lamps. Even my 11 year old BMW 3-series has flush washers ;)

As for the look? Love the front and profile, not keen on the rear lights, but no deal breaker. It's a great looking hot hatch though, and would be my pick of the bunch.

I'll need to do some research as, I must admit, I've never seen that colour on a UK Ford. That's not to say it hasn't been available before though.

Do they really clean the light that well? I just never understood it. As far as the look the front looks good but I need to see it in person, the back the lights aren't bad, but the black strip on the bottom makes me go WTF. I love the cabin looks very clean and love the steering wheel.

Steve@CJPP

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cjponyparts.com
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
They're better than nothing, but usually just create a mess of your hood with the washer liquid :tsk:
I've been wondering about this headlight washing business. What is the rational behind it? Is there a problem with dirty headlights? All my usual travel is on paved roads, so my Mustang never sees a dirt road.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm wondering if it has to do with the self leveling (which is also a requirement for HID/Xenon equipped cars). My theory, if the lamp cover is dirty, it could impact the self-leveling in some respect.

I idea behind the self leveling is to reduce potential glare to oncoming drivers.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I think this ST Grey should be reserved for hopefully a 2017 GT500. It would be a modern approach to the '67 GT500 Eleanor Gray/Silver. The new Grey looks more like a "Competion" Primer with low gloss, I love the color... Although, a GT350 would probably make better use of said paint job.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Ah, I had forgotten about the self-leveling bit. Might could use a bit of that over here;). (and not just for the headlights, if you know what I mean!)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I think it may have to do with HID or LED not generating enough heat to melt ice in cold weather. The washer fluid can be used to get the ice off the lenses. Just an (uneducated) guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored