OP
BlkMach10510

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Not that I know of.
I asked Ford Performance again about that tender but had to leave a message because it does not seem right that it would not work on my car.

mitsuchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
platinum white gt premium
just get a battery tender brand from walmart. I keep my mustang and now my truck on a tender all winter. my mustang battery is original and 7 years old with no issues. if it sits more than a week it Is plugged in.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe going direct to the battery fools the computers and the fuse box terminal is definitelt the way to do it. YMMV
Unless you are using the tender for less than 8 hours, that’s a none issue :like:

WD :like:

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
Is there a battery tender that plugs into the cigarette lighter to charge the vehicle available for my 2023 Mach 1 or do I have to hardwire using the hookups available like with the Ford Performance tender?
This one is awesome:

https://no.co/genius2

I permanently installed a connector with both positive and negative leads wired directly to my battery terminals. The connector sits outside of the battery box and has a protective cap when not in use. To use, pop the hood, connect the charger, plug it in and you're done. The charger itself has a smart controller that monitors the battery and applies the right level of charging. At 2 amps, it does a great job.

glene

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Vehicle(s)
2023 mustang gt
agreed, there is no reason to spend huge money on a battery tender. A $35 “battery tender” brand from Amazon will do the job, hooks up to the terminals of the battery, gives you a quick disconnect pigtail that you plug in after you pop the hood. keep it connected 24 seven 365 days a year if you want. but actually, hooking it up overnight every couple weeks will do you fine if your car is healthy, and has no abnormal current drain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlkMach10510

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
agreed, there is no reason to spend huge money on a battery tender. A $35 “battery tender” brand from Amazon will do the job, hooks up to the terminals of the battery, gives you a quick disconnect pigtail that you plug in after you pop the hood. keep it connected 24 seven 365 days a year if you want. but actually, hooking it up overnight every couple weeks will do you fine if your car is healthy, and has no malfunction current drain.
Ford says my car does not have a current drain yet it does.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ford says my car does not have a current drain yet it does.
It might be normal so they don't see it as a problem, but there are some things that defo remain 'hot' on these cars (other than the obvious - alarm system etc).

I'm pretty sure @engineermike mentioned the throttle body does something odd every now and then, even with the engine off ?

Other than that, check out my two warm spots on my RHD (car had been stood for over a week so no residual heat) :

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

And I'm not alone, check out @paulm1 's matching spots on his LHD :

paulm1 - Frost Picture.jpg

So there is something in the radar camera and also over the steering column / driver display that remains warm enough to keep mild frost away.

OP
OP
BlkMach10510

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
It might be normal so they don't see it as a problem, but there are some things that defo remain 'hot' on these cars (other than the obvious - alarm system etc).

I'm pretty sure @engineermike mentioned the throttle body does something odd every now and then, even with the engine off ?

Other than that, check out my two warm spots on my RHD (car had been stood for over a week so no residual heat) :

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

And I'm not alone, check out @paulm1 's matching spots on his LHD :

paulm1 - Frost Picture.jpg

So there is something in the radar camera and also over the steering column / driver display that remains warm enough to keep mild frost away.

Yes, I tested my car yesterday and then looked at its resting voltage this morning and it fell again. I ran it for a few minutes and it jumped up to 12.5V so I think it is systems checked. So I believe the battery tender when I get it will take care of this issue and if anyone else has the same issue which the prob do. Corvettes come with a battery tender with the cig lighter hookup by in the trunk by the battery, seems like Ford needs to do the same thing.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
Is there a battery tender that plugs into the cigarette lighter to charge the vehicle available for my 2023 Mach 1 or do I have to hardwire using the hookups available like with the Ford Performance tender?
I hard wired mine and really like how simple it is (fusebox). But I also just bought a NOCO Genius and cig lighter adaptor for my GTS 4.0 - works great as well. NOCO website of Amazon.

OP
OP
BlkMach10510

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I hard wired mine and really like how simple it is (fusebox). But I also just bought a NOCO Genius and cig lighter adaptor for my GTS 4.0 - works great as well. NOCO website of Amazon.
Can I see a pic of how you did your setup, i.e. how you routed the end of the wire that will end up connected to the charger. ty.

Reactions: dps

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The service manual states that a current draw at rest between 25 and 50 mA, depending on which accessories are installed, is normal.
Mine is around 35 mA, give or take.
Sponsored