Sponsored

Base GT 6 speaker system

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Stupid question time. I finally had a chance to sit in a base GT (what I will eventually be ordering) a couple days ago and I could not for the life of me figure what the speakers are. I saw the tweets in the A pillar, and what appear to be 5 1/4 or 6 1/4 mids in the door. But, what are the other two? I expected to see a three way component set up in the front, or four speakers up front and two in the rear. But, I didn't find either. I spent 10-15 minutes looking over the interior, but obviously I missed something.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Never mind, I'm an idiot. I figured out there are speakers in the rear deck. I expected to see them somewhere in the side panels. I searched and searched before I posted this, and found my answer immediately afterwards. My bad.

jimijammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT base
How did the system sound? I'm ok with the one in my 2011 Mustang and always thought the Shaker was just louder but not cleaner. I'm getting a base GT also and not much out there about some of the differences, every one seems to be going Premium for most of the early builds.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Unfortunately I didn't get to listen. Nobody came out to talk to me. The door happened to unlocked, so I climbed in ☺

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
I have a V6 with base 6 speaker system (same as base GT). I use mostly USB key for music and it sounds OK. I usually listen to hiphop and pop and I have yet to find the best sound setting to make it sound GOOD. Any ideas? So for my best setting is :

treble = -2
mid = 0
bass = +3
sound orientation = driver

I'm kinda disappointed with this base system, I had a Honda Accord and Scion tC that had WAY better sound... They were base models also and I thought their sound system has more presence.

Sponsored

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a base GT, and it's not terrible but not as loud as I'd like it to be. The dial only goes to 30, and its not hurting my ears. Ideally I think a system should go 3/4 and be plenty loud, but not overbearing. If turned all the way to 4/4 it would be too loud. (Not that I would listen to it like that, but let's me know that I have a good system with quality speakers that can get loud without distorting). I primarily listen to rap, pop, country, and r&b. Best settings I've found are

Treble = +2

Mid = +1

Bass = +3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've got a base GT, and it's not terrible but not as loud as I'd like it to be. The dial only goes to 30, and its not hurting my ears. Ideally I think a system should go 3/4 and be plenty loud, but not overbearing. If turned all the way to 4/4 it would be too loud. (Not that I would listen to it like that, but let's me know that I have a good system with quality speakers that can get loud without distorting). I primarily listen to rap, pop, country, and r&b. Best settings I've found are

Treble = +2

Mid = +1

Bass = +3
Same for me. It's clean and crisp...it just doesn't get very loud. My previous car had a 10-speaker 400w Infinity system so the Mustang is a bit lacking. Granted...like most everyone else...I'm more into the sound of the car than the stereo...but it would be nice just get just a bit more volume for longer trips. Hopefully when schematics are released I can look into just amping the stock speakers.

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
So I'm no audiophile but I just bought the base gt and the system sounds good. No complaints here I usually listen at 3/4 and the bass, mids and hi's sound great to me.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Add a sub and swap out the stock speakers with good ones and I think you'll get a cleaner and crisp sound but I'm wondering if adding an amp would also help as far as power with the better speakers

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
The base stereo in the 15' has definitely improved compared to the base stereos in the 11-14's.

Sponsored

Yellow15Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT on order
I have a V6 with base 6 speaker system (same as base GT). I use mostly USB key for music and it sounds OK. I usually listen to hiphop and pop and I have yet to find the best sound setting to make it sound GOOD. Any ideas? So for my best setting is :

treble = -2
mid = 0
bass = +3
sound orientation = driver

I'm kinda disappointed with this base system, I had a Honda Accord and Scion tC that had WAY better sound... They were base models also and I thought their sound system has more presence.
How do you set up the music on your USB?
Sub folders for artists or just all the songs in the main directory without any further sorting?

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Add a sub and swap out the stock speakers with good ones and I think you'll get a cleaner and crisp sound but I'm wondering if adding an amp would also help as far as power with the better speakers
I'm willing to bet that the stock speakers can be amped and would sound relatively clean. If you're also adding a sub...then you won't be directing any bass to the speakers (you shouldn't be).

The issue is that no one really knows. I don't know what it looks like behind the console. Like...are there any pre-outs or are we looking at having to splice to do anything?

svtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Vert
Has anyone just swapped out the stock - 6.5" speakers? Stage 3 sells a 4 speaker 6.5" Kicker -they say a big improvement over stock? Does anyone know if the rear speakers in a vert are also 6.5":shrug:

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Unfortunately I didn't get to listen. Nobody came out to talk to me. The door happened to unlocked, so I climbed in ☺
The stereo turns on with the car off if you hit the power button :) just in case next time no one helps you again ha ha

I was meaning that mustang you can actually turn your radio on if you just push the power button.. kinda like the VWs and some euro cars do

Last edited: