Sponsored

Automatic (select shift) question

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT, black wheels, Airaid Intake.
I read in the brochure that the car blips throttle on downshifts if is sport+ Or track mode.

Is this true? And any YouTube clips showing it?

Cheers J
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I read in the brochure that the car blips throttle on downshifts if is sport+ Or track mode.

Cheers J
True. Haven't found any clips yet.

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black

Cheers J
I use Sport but not Sport+. If you set the auto transmission selector to Sport then for example when driving hard and transitioning from accelerating to braking hard such as on approach to a roundabout it will raise the revs without the power driving the wheels so you can then get back on the gas and power through the roundabout if it is clear.

I also use Sport for engine braking when descending on mountain passes and then it won't raise the revs on those circumstances probably because it doesn't detect a phase going from acceleration to braking. This assumes you don't accelerate down steep mountain passes into hairpin bends. :)

I'm using Sport more and more as I get used to the car and desire the extra responsiveness and now that the weather is hot and dry for my MPSS.

Another use for Sport is on the motorway. In Sport Manual you stay in the selected gear so if you are in 6th and you bury the gas then it doesn't change down which means you don't actually take off. If you want to really move then click down one or two times and then hit the gas. :)

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Even in normal drive mode, I flick the left lever as I'm approaching a roundabout or slower moving traffic.
The throttle blips on the downchange, and it holds that gear until you touch the throttle again...

I'll go from 6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd, and it's just like changing down in a manual (as long as you don't touch the gas)

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
Interestingly before I fitted axlebacks I could hardly hear the throttle blip going down the gears in sport mode,(old ears sadly....) but now it is very noticeable.However I have noticed that when going from specifically 4th to 3rd gear I only get the throttle blip 50% of the time, maybe in that change down it is always in a rev/driving range where it does not activate the blip but not that bothered to be honest.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sut72

sut72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT, black wheels, Airaid Intake.
Even in normal drive mode, I flick the left lever as I'm approaching a roundabout or slower moving traffic.
The throttle blips on the downchange, and it holds that gear until you touch the throttle again...

I'll go from 6th, 5th, 4th and 3rd, and it's just like changing down in a manual (as long as you don't touch the gas)
Sounds the same principle as SLK55 but with added blip fun.

Last edited:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
True. Very obvious going from third into second
Sponsored