Auto Transmission metal clanking sound

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Dealer replaced the DS today and it fixed my loud clunk,clunk.
I'm getting my new DS installed on Tuesday, will see if that does the trick for me. Happy you had good results, hopefully a permanent fix.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Good to hear your issue (which many dealers are claiming to be"normal") has been resolved.
Will not at all be surprised to see a TSB in the near future for this fix, though the DS may not be the "end all" answer some of the other problems being experienced.

Rondog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustangecoboost
Good to hear your issue (which many dealers are claiming to be"normal") has been resolved.
Will not at all be surprised to see a TSB in the near future for this fix, though the DS may not be the "end all" answer some of the other problems being experienced.
My guess is not all clunks are coming from the same place. When my auto trans was shifting from first to second under load there was a loud "ca clunk". Dealer stated in work order "Failed driveshaft, made incorrectly, out of balance. Shaft seems to go out of round during acceleration". The other clunk complaints on the forum don't sound exactly like this one.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Took my GT to my dealership and they got my vin and info. They are gonna submit it to higher to see what the deal is. It made the clunk noise a few times while they were looking at it. So that's good...

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Glad that worked out, Rondog!

I just picked up my mustang from my dealer and after two days they have determined that the driveshaft has to be replaced they have ordered a driveshaft but they are on backorder evidently for that realizes they have a problem with this issue I will keep you updated
I'm getting my new DS installed on Tuesday, will see if that does the trick for me. Happy you had good results, hopefully a permanent fix.
Good to hear that the dealers are getting this taken care of, guys. Hopefully this resolves the issue for you both as well. :)

Took my GT to my dealership and they got my vin and info. They are gonna submit it to higher to see what the deal is. It made the clunk noise a few times while they were looking at it. So that's good...
Keep me in the loop. I'll forward any information to the CSM if needed. Fingers crossed this gets solved quickly. :thumbsup:

Jeff

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Just got my new driveshaft put on today. It unfortunately did not resolve the trouble I'm having with the metal clank. The dealer said they fixed the trouble and the work order indicated road test ok. I have a dashcam however and after the repair the tech was cursing about the noise. The road test consisted of driving it to a parking spot. Not to impressed with the service. I don't get the feeling that it's unsafe and it does drive fine. It just don't think it should be making that noise. To top it off my wife's 2012 Ford Focus also broke down today, had to get towed to the dealer. Ah Ford...thanks for a great day!

UPDATE 5/6/15: Spoke with the dealership today and let them know the sound is still present. They are being very responsive, and trying to come up with a solution. They are working with Ford to discuss the issue. I should be bringing my car back in soon to see what they can figure out.

UPDATE 5/8/15: I have had several conversations with the dealership and Ford searching for a resolution. The dealership tested another vehicle and it did not exhibit the same noise as mine. At this point I'm scheduled to take the car in after Memorial day to try and find what is causing the noise. Hopefully I will have another update for those concerned shortly there after.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]PbOYmU7isNs[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

E.jaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB V6 AT51a 3.55 ... Bullitt ordered
Suscribed.... Same noise in my V6 with 2500 miles on it.
Waiting to see how does it evolve before going to the dealer...

schwando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Driveshaft noise

The Ford customer service advisor called me regarding this problem as they monitor this forum ,
. after two trips to the dealer to check to see what the problem was they ordered a new driveshaft which was on backorder but it came in within a week I brought the car to the dealer yesterday and picked it up this morning and the noise is still there so now they are going to escalated to the Ford engineers to see if they can figure out the problem I will let you know what the outcome of the situation

hauntedone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
have the dealers check - rear output shaft flange. The drive shaft is not the culprit, its just the easy and quick way out of the repair.... the shaft fix worked- for at least 2k miles.

Sponsored

jerjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 auto
I have the same exact issue. Clunk when driving and clank when shifting from park to reverse and reverse to drive. V6. 1100 miles. I am taking it to the dealer Wednesday.

rich333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange V6 Mustang
Mine Just Started doing this tonight...roughly 1300miles. 2015 Mustang V6 In Competition Orange.

Exact same Clunk/Clank.

Calling Dealer In the Morning.

Side Note:

3 Attempts. If they fail to fix it in this time frame, you get a NEW car!!

It's called the Lemon law.

Get to humping Ford Techs! :)
22412_939112469453317_2718191168321755745_n.jpg

bpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
Following along, just posted about this issue last night and didn't see this thread ;)

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Base GT automatic. 1500miles. Mine is making the noise too. I am going to hold off and see what the problem is. I don't want my car to be used as a part swapout platform.

bpounds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
Mine did it again every single time, and the last time was even worse...felt like i was Reggie Bush giving the stutter step -_-
Sponsored