Sponsored

Auto rev match in manual?

Daedalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 370z Base/Sport
really thinking the gt350 will be my next car

does anyone know if Ford plans to offer automatic rev matching in their manuals similar to the synchrorev match from nissan in the 370z, active rev matching from chevy, or similar bmw system?

i must admit that my z has made me a bit lazy in the heel toe department. :eek:
it's a nice feature to have for daily driving in any case.

certainly not a deal breaker if not. sorry if this has been covered. i searched but didn't find anything relevant.
Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
You can always add Auto-Blip. I likely will.

OP
OP

Daedalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 370z Base/Sport
interesting, i didn't realize it was possible to do this with just a software change (which is what trackey is unless i am wrong).

i had assumed some sort of physical sensor on each gear was necessary. :shrug:

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
the car is drive by wire so so blipping is in the ECM, gear can be determined by engine speed relative to ground speed.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As others have said, Auto-Blip is the only way to go if your not into the heel-toe thing and it can be turned off when not needed.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
It will take more than SW. The ECM must know current gear selection and where your gear choice is going (ie. what gear now amd what gear next) to rev match

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
really thinking the gt350 will be my next car

does anyone know if Ford plans to offer automatic rev matching in their manuals similar to the synchrorev match from nissan in the 370z, active rev matching from chevy, or similar bmw system?

i must admit that my z has made me a bit lazy in the heel toe department. :eek:
it's a nice feature to have for daily driving in any case.

certainly not a deal breaker if not. sorry if this has been covered. i searched but didn't find anything relevant.
I agree, my 370Z made me very lazy too. But, I am going to try to learn the skill on my GT350 before trying the auto-blip install. If I can't get it down at least we have that option to fall on if Ford Performance doesn't add it.

picture.jpg

Oh, if you want a quick and honest performance comparison of the 2 cars?

GT350 has better brakes… way better brakes!
Power, well duh! ;)

Handling is a wash, nudge going to the GT350 because it’s more versatile.
You can really feel the road and throw the 370Z into turns with confidence at almost any speed. But what makes the 370Z a great handling car also leaves a bit to be desired in comfort for everyday driving. Then there is the awful road noise!

Driving the GT350, in normal mode, is like driving a boat compared to the 370Z. Maybe a GT350 speed boat to be more precise?
However, the GT350 magna ride suspension is great and with a flip of a switch it all changes! I do wish the sport setting was a bit stiffer. (track key?)

GT350 has much better rear visibility while the front visibility is slightly better in the 370Z.

... and the GT350 sound? Yeah, it's really that good!!

I have not had the guts to test the GT350 limits, which I won’t do until hitting the track… and which I am very much a novice. Probably wouldn’t reach the limits there either.

To note: I still have my 370Z, but I do not enjoy driving it as much since getting the GT350.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
sullivan racing pedals, garage line spacer. stop being lazy.

in all honesty, with those mods, it is stupid easy to heel/toe.

Sponsored

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
I'm with you guys, I can rev match but don't like to heel-toe. I've been told it's all in the pedals by my p-car friends who actually race. To be honest I'm not a pro, rather be lazy.

OP
OP

Daedalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 370z Base/Sport
Looking into the auto-blip it appears to just blip the throttle the same amount every time, so not true rev matching. but at least it's an option.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I'm with you guys, I can rev match but don't like to heel-toe. I've been told it's all in the pedals by my p-car friends who actually race. To be honest I'm not a pro, rather be lazy.
pcar pedals are set up near perfectly.

If you get the mods that i suggested, you literally almost dont even have to think about it. when you stomp the brakes to plant the front in 3rd ( and are late braking) you literally just need to make sure that you put your foot on the right side of the brake pedal and you'll almost perfectly rev match for 2nd. a little bit of gas, you'll rotate just a smidge and be right on the apex if you're doing your job.

it really isnt that hard to learn when the pedals are set up right.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
mmm635 appears to be doing a similar upgrade as he commented in the youtube comments as doing so. I'm not sure one could really comment on skill levels as he seems to hustle the car around pretty well in stock form. Certainly better than I would be able to currently. I have a titanium plate that runs down the right side of my leg and ankle from an injury 10yrs ago. Unfortunately my right ankle and foot no longer functions/flex's like it once did, so I personally wouldn't mind something similar for track use.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50456

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
The problem is street driving is my cars 95% of use, and when you don't mash the brake then the gas pedal is a ways away. I'd like something to make city driving downshifts simpler.

...I appreciate the pedal info, I'm going to look into those. Even though I'm lazy, I'd still like to learn.
Sponsored