ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Hi there brains trust. Has anyone installed the Borla 3" s-type exhaust. Tossing up between the 2.5" and the 3" system. I am assuming volume and tone is greater and deeper on the 3" if only marginally. Grateful for any advice.
Yes, a guy I met - Sean - has had both on his car.
I don't know if he's on the forums but is on FB.

I followed his car (on a 3") around with my AB S-Type on and there's a difference in sound, I wouldn't describe it as greater and deeper...
FWIW he preferred the 2.5" sound but switched to the 3" after supercharging.

If you want to compare, look out for some Sydney events - one of the guys bought Sean's old 2.5" and there's some other variations around.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Just wondering if there are any recommendations for a workshop to install a cat-back exhaust system in Penrith area?

Sponsored

RubyVert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Maggie the GT...
Ordered the Roush catback with quad tips today, it's in stock so hope to have it fitted for the weekend.

Cheers

J

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
You will love the sound of the Roush ....its wicked :D:headbang:

Last edited:

BT's GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Had a after market x-pipe made up and fitted. Just enough to add more purr at idle, more grumble on load and quiet on cruise. And a little better throttle response. Happy camper :cheers:

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I've got the car booked in at "Extreme Exhaust" in Penrith to have the AWE system fitted in 2 weeks time - just got too much going on to do it earlier.

In the meantime, here's some photos. The box was a bit knocked around but the contents were all OK. Amazing some of this packaging - no part was touching another.

The tips and fittings were boxed separately and my 7-year old, who calls herself Daddy's Petrolhead, appreciated the Blow Pop!!

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the car booked in at "Extreme Exhaust" in Penrith to have the AWE system fitted in 2 weeks time - just got too much going on to do it earlier.

In the meantime, here's some photos. The box was a bit knocked around but the contents were all OK. Amazing some of this packaging - no part was touching another.

The tips and fittings were boxed separately and my 7-year old, who calls herself Daddy's Petrolhead, appreciated the Blow Pop!!
It's things like good packaging and random little gifts that make you feel good about a company

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
awe

Have to agree on the quality of packaging that comes from US suppliers and the little surprise are great. No chuppa in my packaging, but a Borla cap, stickers etc etc

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Have to agree on the quality of packaging that comes from US suppliers and the little surprise are great. No chuppa in my packaging, but a Borla cap, stickers etc etc
Haha I purchased a set of wheels a few years back and I remember it came with a packet of chocolate chip biscuits :D
Sponsored