Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

MGKGT550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
Purchased Borla S-Type Catback from Fred @vogtlandmustang
Highly recommend, great guy to chat/deal with and really looked after me.
Sponsored

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Purchased Borla S-Type Catback from Fred @vogtlandmustang
Highly recommend, great guy to chat/deal with and really looked after me.
Had mine installed 2 weeks and I love the sound under acceleration and the burble when you back of

Grossou12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 Pony
Really want to hear some exhuasts live, particularly the Roush Axle Back, i'm from Sydney. Anyone know how i can do this?

Saviz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V8 GT
HI All,
I want to buy and fit H pipe in Melbourne.Any recommendations?
Where to Buy?
How to fit?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
HI All,
Where to Buy?
How to fit?
Any exhaust shop should be able to do that for you with their own stock. Chop out the factory resonator and weld in the H pipe. Probably less than $200 all said and done.

Sponsored

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
HI All,
Where to Buy?
How to fit?
Hi,
I was originally looking at a H pipe, but was told by one manufacturer that one of the negatives is that H pipe doesn't promote an even pressure across each side of the exhaust, whereas the X pipe promotes even pressure.

Now I am no expert here, just sharing info I was told
cheers

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Really want to hear some exhuasts live, particularly the Roush Axle Back, i'm from Sydney. Anyone know how i can do this?
I would say the best way is to attend one of the next Sydney drive days where thee would be a variety of exhaust to hear

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,
I was originally looking at a H pipe, but was told by one manufacturer that one of the negatives is that H pipe doesn't promote an even pressure across each side of the exhaust, whereas the X pipe promotes even pressure.

Now I am no expert here, just sharing info I was told
cheers
Yeah dunno. I've yet to see ANY evidence of the X vs H on a dyno.
My exhaust bloke even went as far as to say that he reckons the x would be easier to manufacture. Couple of pressed bits, away you go. h requires some level of precision to manufacture properly.
See thread on CJPP H pipe in the US exhaust section for example of H done badly.
Realistically, the vast majority of the scavenging effect should have taken place at the merge point of the headers.
Would love to see evidence either way. :thumbsup:

SpOOkS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 2018
soon to be new owner

Hi All,

I was wondering if the roush active system is worth the fuss? I have an active style exhaust on my car and nice to be able to change the volume when ever. I was also looking to remove the resonator in the middle and go with x pipe or straight pipes but wondering if anyone has done similar.

I know its a bit Exy but kinda had money ready for it will be going SC path later on so starting with exhaust and handling.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
My old man installed the Borla S-type catback on my pony today. Holy hell what a system. Unreal sounding!! again big thanks to fred at suspensionpartsonline for the good deal!

Sponsored

17Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Hi All,

I was wondering if the roush active system is worth the fuss? I have an active style exhaust on my car and nice to be able to change the volume when ever. I was also looking to remove the resonator in the middle and go with x pipe or straight pipes but wondering if anyone has done similar.

I know its a bit Exy but kinda had money ready for it will be going SC path later on so starting with exhaust and handling.
Also have a look at the xforce varex exhaust, a little over $2k sold in Australia, can adjust sound from oem to awesome, I mounted the controller in the centre console and has a remote type switch, if you want you can spend another 5 hungy and get their smart box and link to Iphone and change the sound in % increments.

SpOOkS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 2018
Also have a look at the xforce varex exhaust, a little over $2k sold in Australia, can adjust sound from oem to awesome, I mounted the controller in the centre console and has a remote type switch, if you want you can spend another 5 hungy and get their smart box and link to Iphone and change the sound in % increments.
Thanks 17Stang,

Does it come with the Xpipe or h Pipe as i can only find roush as the mufflers and no midpipe.

Do you know where i can find any sound clips at all. Looking for a deep growl that will gurgle and not get raspy or drony on high accel or casual driving.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Best suggestion... join some of the FB Mustang groups and keep an eye here and there for meets and events, and you will find those attending who have replaced their exhausts with Borla, Roush, XForce etc etc

You can then decide which is best for you!

I was at a private Mustang S550 event yesterday, and got to hear all the various options. If my bank doesn't break, I think I'm going for the XForce with Varex control.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Hi there brains trust. Has anyone installed the Borla 3" s-type exhaust. Tossing up between the 2.5" and the 3" system. I am assuming volume and tone is greater and deeper on the 3" if only marginally. Grateful for any advice.

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Hi there brains trust. Has anyone installed the Borla 3" s-type exhaust. Tossing up between the 2.5" and the 3" system. I am assuming volume and tone is greater and deeper on the 3" if only marginally. Grateful for any advice.
Hi Paul yes the 3" BORLA is slightly deeper if you compare them side by side. If you are going supercharged down the track go 3" with and if it remains normally aspirated go 2.5" BORLA. The BORLA Catback alone will give you an approximate gain of around 20 horsepower just through increased flow over the restricted factory system.
Sponsored