Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Hi Jim,

I have seen three others , two were magnetic and not that far from home, but mine sounded the best! I love the sound, still has this "pulsing" between 1500 and 2500 rpm, but I have listed to a few sound clips again and think this may be common on a lot of systems. Would be nice to get rid of it but I am getting used to it and think it may be an engine characteristic more than something specific to this exhaust.

I had it fitted by Wayne at Extreme Exhaust and Automotive in Station Street Penrith. Race Red GT ( Phil) put me onto him. I was quoted $1870.00 for the system only when I rang Supercat. When I went and saw him he quoted $2000.00 fitted. I am sure being a dealer he got a discount from Magnaflow, which is fine by me I didn't pay any more by getting him to supply it and he made a few $. I guess if you bought it yourself and went to get it installed he may charge a bit more, I know I would if I wasn't making anything on the parts. You can do it yourself but I don't have a hoist and was not going to crawl around trying to get the existing system out with the car on stands.

Seems others are now getting a better price on the same systems $1760.00 I think is the number being thrown around the group buy thread, so maybe there is some room to haggle.

If you want a listen to it one day from the inside before you take the plunge let me know, we should be able to tee something up.

John
Thanks John,

Yep, I would prefer to have the guy do a supply and fit. +/- $50 to $100 more or so really doesn't make much difference, and I'd prefer for them to do a good job which I believe they did from your earlier post when it was installed.

I'll keep this place in mind.

Cheers!
Sponsored

rm_stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ok guys, I need some help.

I've decided on the Roush Quad Tip axle back exhaust (passive system because who can justify $5k + install just to control your exhaust note with your smartphone?!), but I'm debating whether or not to do a mid-pipe as well.

Obviously there are a few options with regards to this (H-pipe, X-pipe, etc.) and I initially had my heart set on the Flowmaster Scavenger X-pipe if I did end up going down the mid-pipe route. However, this is where it gets complicated...

I've just seen the Ford Racing Boss style X-pipe with side exits and I'm in love! Yes, I realise I'll be paying a premium. Yes, I understand that AmericanMuscle won't ship it to Aus (I can get around that with freight forwarders, etc).

My main questions is; is this kind of system legal over here? I know that I'll have dB issues however my days of tempting the police into pulling me over are long gone (and I'll be keeping all stock parts just in case I am required to have noise levels checked).

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
where can i get the corsa black tips only????

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
Ok guys, I need some help.

I've decided on the Roush Quad Tip axle back exhaust (passive system because who can justify $5k + install just to control your exhaust note with your smartphone?!), but I'm debating whether or not to do a mid-pipe as well.

Obviously there are a few options with regards to this (H-pipe, X-pipe, etc.) and I initially had my heart set on the Flowmaster Scavenger X-pipe if I did end up going down the mid-pipe route. However, this is where it gets complicated...

I've just seen the Ford Racing Boss style X-pipe with side exits and I'm in love! Yes, I realise I'll be paying a premium. Yes, I understand that AmericanMuscle won't ship it to Aus (I can get around that with freight forwarders, etc).

My main questions is; is this kind of system legal over here? I know that I'll have dB issues however my days of tempting the police into pulling me over are long gone (and I'll be keeping all stock parts just in case I am required to have noise levels checked).

If you want to change the mid pipe then your car will be really really loud. I would suggest have a look at the Megnaflow Competition series Cat back quad tip. Less in price and deep ideal tone. Unless you want to make your car look like a 67Elanor.

Check this out: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44891

And This: [ame]

Hope that Helps. Cheers

rm_stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If you want to change the mid pipe then your car will be really really loud. I would suggest have a look at the Megnaflow Competition series Cat back quad tip. Less in price and deep ideal tone. Unless you want to make your car look like a 67Elanor.

Check this out: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44891

And This:

Hope that Helps. Cheers
Firstly, cheers for the info. The Eleanor look/sound would be lovely but it's hard to justify for a daily.

Wasn't aware that the MF Comp Catback came in a quad tip. I am definitely after THAT look, however that drone inside the cabin at 5:30 of the vid is unbearable! I like the rasp as the revs climb, but that low range sound is just not for me :( :( :(

Looks like I'm sticking with the Roush quad tip axle back for the moment, and will assess mid-pipe options later down the track.

If anyone in Melbourne has the MF comp cat-back on their car already I'd love to hear what it sounds like in person...

Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Hi guys

Still listening to youtube clips of exhausts, still confused as ever. I will say though I do like the Borla Touring. it has a nice deep note and not so loud it will be annoying. It has raised a question though for me. A well respected performance centre and racing set up place has told me that they are recommending to their customers to not bother with headers. They have said that they are making little to no performance gains and they can still ht Hp of 700 without them. I have had that backed up by another place as well. I wouldnt have a clueif they are right or not but thought it sounded legit if it they are telling me not to give them money :-)

So my question. The Borla touring does not come in 3". it is a 2.5" only. So if they are wrong, or indeed if I decide to whack on a Whipple or a pro charge, do you think if i go a 2.5" system I wont get the power gains I should or be able to fit headers later?

This is probably a dumb question but hey, we all have to learn.
I was like you and literally watched every video on the planet and was sold on the Corsa touring or borla touring but down the track may go for forced induction. My fear was also would the 2.5" be up to the task....essentially yes it will and the Borla touring is a great sounding well made system. I've decided to get the SLP loudmouth 2's for now as they sound nice and deep, not loud and don't drone.....for $800 it's at least some nice noise for now and I will see where my mod path go's and decide from there. If I get $600 for my axle backs later it's no great loss.

MuzzStang

2015 Black GT 'vert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 GT vert with Roush extras.
Firstly, cheers for the info. The Eleanor look/sound would be lovely but it's hard to justify for a daily.

Wasn't aware that the MF Comp Catback came in a quad tip. I am definitely after THAT look, however that drone inside the cabin at 5:30 of the vid is unbearable! I like the rasp as the revs climb, but that low range sound is just not for me :( :( :(

Looks like I'm sticking with the Roush quad tip axle back for the moment, and will assess mid-pipe options later down the track.

If anyone in Melbourne has the MF comp cat-back on their car already I'd love to hear what it sounds like in person...
I have the Roush quad pipe axle back with the resonators deleted and it's nothing like the recordings I'd heard on YouTube prior. Much deeper and louder at idle. Hopefully you see me, and more importantly hear me, cruise past around Melbourne someday soon (Black vert with Roush hood scoop and side quarter panel vents, and of course the quad pipe setup).

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
I have the Roush quad pipe axle back with the resonators deleted and it's nothing like the recordings I'd heard on YouTube prior. Much deeper and louder at idle. Hopefully you see me, and more importantly hear me, cruise past around Melbourne someday soon (Black vert with Roush hood scoop and side quarter panel vents, and of course the quad pipe setup).
Yes I don't have much faith in the you tube clips. you listen to the same exhaust on the same model car on 6 clips and they all sound different. I think it will be listen in the flesh or take a punt and hope your not so loud you get pulled over every time you drive.

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
I was like you and literally watched every video on the planet and was sold on the Corsa touring or borla touring but down the track may go for forced induction. My fear was also would the 2.5" be up to the task....essentially yes it will and the Borla touring is a great sounding well made system. I've decided to get the SLP loudmouth 2's for now as they sound nice and deep, not loud and don't drone.....for $800 it's at least some nice noise for now and I will see where my mod path go's and decide from there. If I get $600 for my axle backs later it's no great loss.
Thanks OZDAZ5.0. its nice to hear I am not alone and I don't feel like my question was quite so dumb now. Its really tough site unseen or heard but I am sure we can figure it out. Im really keen to get mine done before October before my local car show in my town. So all things going well and assuming I get my car July or August (ha ha ha) I might get a few months driving stock and some time to hear others before I pull the trigger.

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
Thanks OZDAZ5.0. its nice to hear I am not alone and I don't feel like my question was quite so dumb now. Its really tough site unseen or heard but I am sure we can figure it out. Im really keen to get mine done before October before my local car show in my town. So all things going well and assuming I get my car July or August (ha ha ha) I might get a few months driving stock and some time to hear others before I pull the trigger.
Just get a corsa extreme and forget about any other exhaust system :lol::lol:

Sponsored

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Just get a corsa extreme and forget about any other exhaust system :lol::lol:
Too loud. :)

The Street fighter sounds like a super car in the you tube clip. Would like to hear in person.

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Well my love affair with my Magnaflow Catback, may have a premature demise. I did some cruising on the M7 and M5 on the weekend and, it is not until I had someone in the car with me and was trying to talk to them that I realised it is probably a bit louder than I thought. While I still love the sound, it may not be as practical as I thought on a daily drive :(

Then to top it off I visited some friends who live in suburbia, and left there around 9.00 pm. I gave it a little squirt as I left, not too much, but the feedback I got later from them all standing outside as I left was that it is really loud from the outside. How loud something is obviously is a subjective thing unless you measure it, and these guys are not what you would call car enthusiasts, but I may have to consider putting the factory suitcase back in or maybe a small resonator in its place.

Decisions, decisions, leave it as is and keep smiling, or tone it down just a bit, I guess this is the price I may have to pay for jumping in early, but you live and learn.

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Geez sorry to hear that Gnome. On the positive you are a pioneer paving the way for those of us following behind. Your learnings are a gift to us all. How is that for positivity on a Monday??

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I was pretty sold on the MF Comp Axle backs only so the suitcase could tone it down a little..Stubai this is why I went for some "cheap noise" for now with the SLP Axlebacks so I could see and hear some systems first hand in Oz first and get the guys that have cars now to do some testing :cheers: to many times i've put 2-3 systems on my cars to get it right, this time i'm taking my time and doing it once......maybe twice, but definitely not three times:lol: I will wait to see what Manta come up with, Manta always use a centre resonator and rear mufflers (Borla touring style) and sound great. I have ended up with Manta systems on my Clubsport VE, 200 series, and now my VF SSV Redline.....

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
Well my love affair with my Magnaflow Catback, may have a premature demise. I did some cruising on the M7 and M5 on the weekend and, it is not until I had someone in the car with me and was trying to talk to them that I realised it is probably a bit louder than I thought. While I still love the sound, it may not be as practical as I thought on a daily drive :(

Then to top it off I visited some friends who live in suburbia, and left there around 9.00 pm. I gave it a little squirt as I left, not too much, but the feedback I got later from them all standing outside as I left was that it is really loud from the outside. How loud something is obviously is a subjective thing unless you measure it, and these guys are not what you would call car enthusiasts, but I may have to consider putting the factory suitcase back in or maybe a small resonator in its place.

Decisions, decisions, leave it as is and keep smiling, or tone it down just a bit, I guess this is the price I may have to pay for jumping in early, but you live and learn.
It's a very interesting and valid point that you raise regarding the intended purpose of the car - daily driving vs weekend warrior and how that affects the choice of exhaust.

As I'm not going to drive mine daily I'm happy to have some extra noise for that total experience.
Sponsored