Sponsored

Asia Pacific 2015 Mustang w/ clear tail lights

jc182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw golf gt
Im from Spain, and I havent seen in Europe clear tail lights as shown in the picture. I guess those tail lights will only be destined to Asia. Here all cars have red rear lights.:thumbsup:
Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
i did not think it would be possible to make an s550 stang look like a pos
but somehow those guys, who invented those clear rear lights were successful
hope they are only teasing us

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
We need amber rear turn signal..............but 2 red lenses and 1 amber would still look better than all clear :(
Actually most European countries do not require amber turn signals, but I think the UK does, right?

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
We need yellows.

Sponsored

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Let's pray God begging that those horrendous taillights are not the Euro specs...!!
:eyebulge:

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i dont think that those clear taillights are for europe, if it was then maybe they showed it at the geneva show.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-ford-mustang-1487p2.html?highlight=geneva

possible they could be like these if not all red
well, the car in geneva was the same the showed in France, and that car seemed to be us-spec (pre-production)

the euro-spec cars are going to have those dumbo-ear-mirrors and those yellow rear-side-markers on the car with those clear lenses could well be intended for the euro-spec cars... (take a look at this pic of a 2012 euro spec camaro, the rear red side markers are replaced by yellow ones: http://www.inautonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/2012-european-chevrolet-camaro-10.thumbnail.jpg )
might be they (Ford) are not ready for europe yet
(as the Websites, the adds and the vids tell: one day in 2015... probably

i guess, we simply have to wait

Sponsored

ForceRECON2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
I'm not photoshop expert lol but here's my take on how I think the euro lights could look. Kind of similar to the new edge SN95 Cobra Tail lights
amber sig.jpg
amber sig 1.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That certainly looks a LOT better than the clear lenses.

BMW do it well. The top amber portion for the turn signals blends nicely with the rest of the red, so it can be done :)

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
they (BMW) can do even better
here 2 pics of my z4 35i
there is a small clear stripe under the red rear lights where yellow leds are in

picture.jpg

i hope we are going to see something like this on the 2015 euro-spec S 550, i.e. the red tri bar solution will not be replaced by clear lenses and only a very small Portion will be containing yellow leds for the turning lights

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
6th generation Mustangs fit full led lighting tech for the tail lights, and that's all Ford ofers to the EU customers. Instead doing the needful to allow outer lights switching to orange when indicating turn, they just fit clear plastic covers. And all this with LED which allows to comply EU specs although the tail-lights bulb covers could be red.

Indeed, not only Ford smash all us in this way, they have integrated the tail fog light with the reverse light, in this case, painting red a strange rectangle n the middle section of a plastic cover which should be all white/clear...!

The overall result is a step-back in the car's appearance which makes it to lose appeal, essence, part of its iconic image (two read tail-lights when iluminated only?? It's a joke?)

Disgraceful!! This is what we deserve the non -US clients?? They have run to the cheapest option to comply EU specs. Instead fitting the right led bulbs for turn which switch to orange when lighting, just clear/white covers and f**k you all!

It is a kind of offence.
Sponsored