Are all 2018 5.0 Motors Bad/defective

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So until last weekend I was a chevy guy. I was trying to trade my 2015 GMC 1500 in on an 2018 Camaro SS but the dealer was attempting to get my truck for 4K under wholesale value. On top of that they were offering 2500 off if you trading in a mustang. So I ask them if I could get the additional 2500 of because i was considering buying a mustang and of coarse they said no.

Long story short later on that evening I bought a new 2018 GT PP1 in Baton Rouge La.

Then yesterday i joined this forum and read all about the type writer tic and all the motor issues associated with the 2018 5,0's...somebody please tell me something to give me a warm fuzzy feeling about my purchase..

no wonder they took 8k off the sticker.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If they were all defective, it'd be a recall not just something people complained about on forums.

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
10-4 I understand that... I wonder if Ford at least has it nailed down as for as build dates, serial numbers ect.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
:asshat:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
10-4 I understand that... I wonder if Ford at least has it nailed down as for as build dates, serial numbers ect.
Very few cars have had any real issues, even based on the small number of owners that post on this site. With that said, you will find numerous posts about a tick that to this point no actual issue has been found to happen. It is also unknown as to why some tick and some don't. You also have to take into account how people use (abuse) their car, like dragging, track use etc and if they modded it at all.

I do believe that Ford has been very good about trying to make people happy even though there is no known reason for any of the (few) engine replacements and buy backs (all car mfr's have issues) If you read the forums here and take it to mean "all", you will be scared to death to buy a Mustang....which is sad actually being it is a Mustang forum! Personally I do not have mine yet, but will in a few months. I do know 2 close friends from work that have 18's and neither have the tick or any other major issue. They have had some panel fitment issues and one had a rear brake caliper go bad. Nothing to cause any concern other than it being annoying.

Just drive your car, take care of it and for your own sanity, stay off this issues sub-forum unless you actually have an issue. Good luck and congrats!

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My factory order 2019 PP 1 A10 just arrived on Jan 11 picked it up the same day, I have put 280 miles on it and today on a remote cold start I was outside and it has the typewriter tick. Engine build date was Nov 11 2018.

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I personally think just about all of them have a little more piston clearance than they should have. The only question is how long it takes before it gets noticeable? And how long before the engine is shot, if ever?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I know this has been beaten to death, my only reason for posting was to inform people that the latest engine assembly to come out of Ford has the issue within 280 miles. Will it develop the 2000 rpm rattle only time will tell however this should be a good indicator that nothing has changed in regards to the engine assembly procedure.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
pretty sure the gen 3 just made 10 best motor list so it cant be that bad

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
The more it rattles the more power its making maybe we are the lucky ones?

OP
OP
Black Stang

Black Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Very few cars have had any real issues, even based on the small number of owners that post on this site. With that said, you will find numerous posts about a tick that to this point no actual issue has been found to happen. It is also unknown as to why some tick and some don't. You also have to take into account how people use (abuse) their car, like dragging, track use etc and if they modded it at all.

I do believe that Ford has been very good about trying to make people happy even though there is no known reason for any of the (few) engine replacements and buy backs (all car mfr's have issues) If you read the forums here and take it to mean "all", you will be scared to death to buy a Mustang....which is sad actually being it is a Mustang forum! Personally I do not have mine yet, but will in a few months. I do know 2 close friends from work that have 18's and neither have the tick or any other major issue. They have had some panel fitment issues and one had a rear brake caliper go bad. Nothing to cause any concern other than it being annoying.

Just drive your car, take care of it and for your own sanity, stay off this issues sub-forum unless you actually have an issue. Good luck and congrats!
10-4 got you...I am a 54 yr old motor head and have always had some type of sports car to tinker with from mild to more recently a couple of LS NOS cars with built motors. I can tell you if it is a clearance issue s that is the culprit those motors that have it will eventually start rattling and fail. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Sponsored