• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Apple CarPlay & Pandora

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Cellular? Signal is strong - not roaming.
Ah, sometimes it will consume more battery when thereā€™s alot of stuff allowed to run / refresh in the background and the signal strength fluctuates.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, sometimes it will consume more battery when thereā€™s alot of stuff allowed to run / refresh in the background and the signal strength fluctuates.
I've not had this problem before in the 2018 WRX. I didn't have the problem the first few days I had the GT. It started AFTER I tested Pandora in the car just to see if it worked. Despite the fact that I switched back to Satellite radio, I'm guessing Apple Carplay still thinks that Pandora is still "on".

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've not had this problem before in the 2018 WRX. I didn't have the problem the first few days I had the GT. It started AFTER I tested Pandora in the car just to see if it worked. Despite the fact that I switched back to Satellite radio, I'm guessing Apple Carplay still thinks that Pandora is still "on".
understood and agreed at times iā€™ve found just a simple discussion function on some sites will drain like nobodyā€™s business. Background refresh is whereā€™d iā€™d look. Interesting find re drain and probably wouldnā€™t be noticed if you werenā€™t using wireless carplay without the wireless charger or cable?

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
It appears that each time I get in my car with my iPhone, the battery level drops quite rapidly. Pandora is always at the top of the list. I have turned off "Cellular Data" for Pandora and have ensured that my iPhone is not acting as a "Hotspot".
I am going to uninstall Pandora and see what happens.
Good idea! Awaiting the results.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Plus the fact that you have to have your WiFi toggled "On" to use CarPlay may also be a factor, as it's searching for a WiFi Connection all the time although you need it for Wireless CarPlay to work. Background App Refresh is also a good start as well and a thoughtful suggestion. Mines doesn't drain in that manner so maybe it's the Pandora app after all.

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLURD
Silly question, have you tried restarting your iPhone since you noticed the issue?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silly question, have you tried restarting your iPhone since you noticed the issue?
No. That's another thought. It can do some weird things that a reboot fixes.

I took a 45 minute drive and I made sure Apple Carplay was disconnected from the Pandora selection that was playing when I was testing. "Background App Refresh" was still on.
When I got home my iPhone was down over 20%. Pandora was the top battery user for the most recent hour.
I have turned off "Background App Refresh". We'll see what happens on my next short trip.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. That's another thought. It can do some weird things that a reboot fixes.

I took a 45 minute drive and I made sure Apple Carplay was disconnected from the Pandora selection that was playing when I was testing. "Background App Refresh" was still on.
When I got home my iPhone was down over 20%. Pandora was the top battery user for the most recent hour.
I have turned off "Background App Refresh". We'll see what happens on my next short trip.
Update:
With "Background App Refresh" turned off, I went to the gym this morning, roughly a 30 minute round trip. When I got back home, I checked the battery usage - almost negligible. Pandora was still in there, but not at the top. BTW: I was listening to satellite radio.
We'll see how this plays out.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:
With "Background App Refresh" turned off, I went to the gym this morning, roughly a 30 minute round trip. When I got back home, I checked the battery usage - almost negligible. Pandora was still in there, but not at the top. BTW: I was listening to satellite radio.
We'll see how this plays out.
2nd Update:
To and from church this morning. iPhone battery still getting drained a bit. Pandora is still on the hour-by-hour list (8-9, & 11-12), but low down. Not on the list at all while at church.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd Update:
To and from church this morning. iPhone battery still getting drained a bit. Pandora is still on the hour-by-hour list (8-9, & 11-12), but low down. Not on the list at all while at church.
3rd Update:
After several short trips, I am seeing the same thing - Pandora at the top of the battery usage list.
I have turned off all the iPhone options on the app itself. Apple CarPlay is not "supposedly" engaged with my iPhone other than establishing a connection. I am using the satellite radio each time.

This is a bug in the Infotainment software.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd Update:
After several short trips, I am seeing the same thing - Pandora at the top of the battery usage list.
I have turned off all the iPhone options on the app itself. Apple CarPlay is not "supposedly" engaged with my iPhone other than establishing a connection. I am using the satellite radio each time.

This is a bug in the Infotainment software.
Maybe ?

CarPlay: Pandora automatically launches

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Automotive/CarPlay-Pandora-automatically-launches/td-p/77019

ā€¦ā€
Please confirm that the Launch from car setting is disabled on your phone.

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth Devices make sure Launch from car is disabled
Keep in mind that with the Launch from car feature disabled, you'll have to launch Pandora on your phone before you connect your phone to your car via USB or Bluetooth.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.ā€™ ā€¦

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe ?

CarPlay: Pandora automatically launches

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Automotive/CarPlay-Pandora-automatically-launches/td-p/77019

ā€¦ā€
Please confirm that the Launch from car setting is disabled on your phone.

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth Devices make sure Launch from car is disabled
Keep in mind that with the Launch from car feature disabled, you'll have to launch Pandora on your phone before you connect your phone to your car via USB or Bluetooth.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.ā€™ ā€¦
Great information!

I had to re-enable "Background App Refresh" to get Profile to open. Then I turned off that "Launch from car".
I'll bet that is it.

However, I noticed this at the bottom of the article.

"Keep in mind that with the Launch from car feature disabled, you'll have to launch Pandora on your phone before you connect your phone to your car via USB or Bluetooth."

Now you've given me an excuse to take her out for another ride! :like:

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great information!

I had to re-enable "Background App Refresh" to get Profile to open. Then I turned off that "Launch from car".
I'll bet that is it.

However, I noticed this at the bottom of the article.

"Keep in mind that with the Launch from car feature disabled, you'll have to launch Pandora on your phone before you connect your phone to your car via USB or Bluetooth."

Now you've given me an excuse to take her out for another ride! :like:
Update:
I think that may have done the trick.
I did have to re-enable the two options; "Background App Refresh" & "Use Cellular Data" to get Pandora to play AND to get Apple CarPlay to connect to the iPhone.
Traffic was bad so I had to pay attention to driving. I pulled over and played with the options to get all to work.
I'll have to go on a longer "trip" to check the battery usage with Pandora not in use. :like: :like:
Sponsored

Reactions: Zig