Science is now cancelled? [USERS NOW BANNED FOR POLITICS]

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Tasked to Fight Climate Change, a Secretive U.N. Agency Does the Opposite (msn.com)

Hello; Another link hard to define. I guess it can be called a behind the scenes link. It seems there is a group which has influence in the shipping world. If I read the article right they can change the way climate actions take place.

Quotes from the link:
"The organization has repeatedly delayed and watered down climate regulations, even as emissions from commercial shipping continue to rise, a trend that threatens to undermine the goals of the 2016 Paris climate accord."

"some of the same countries that signed the Paris accords have repeatedly diluted efforts to rein in shipping emissions — with industry representatives in their ears at every step. Shippers aligned themselves with developing nations like Brazil and India against setting emissions caps. China, home to four of the five busiest ports in the world, argued for years that it was too soon to make changes or even set targets."

"When delegates met last October — five years after Mr. de Brum’s speech — the organization had not taken any action. Proposals like speed limits had been debated and rejected.

What remained was what several delegates called the “refrigerator rating” — a score that, like those on American appliances, identified the clean and dirty ships.

European delegates insisted that, for the system to work, low-scoring ships must eventually be prohibited from sailing.

China and its allies wanted no such consequence."

"Ultimately, France ceded to nearly all of China’s requests, records show. The dirtiest ships would not be grounded. Shipowners would file plans saying they intended to improve, would not be required to actually improve.

German delegates were so upset that they threatened to oppose the deal, likely triggering a cascade of defections, according to three people involved in the talks. But European Union officials rallied countries behind the compromise, arguing that Europe could not be seen as standing in the way even limited progress."

Hello; I may be wrong in my take but it appears the leaders of a country will make public speeches about doing climate improvements then behind closed doors the promised changes will be watered down. We all have seen how countries promise to make improvements and later find the goals have not been met, sometimes not even close to having ben met.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Decent response. Almost worth reading.
That's the thanks I get for supporting your psychotic one-man one-polution platform? You're on your own from now on.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Did you crush that car you got rid of, or did you sell it to someone who will drive it?
As you should know well crushing a perfectly good car means greater CO2 cost as the CO2 produced during production is averaged out over the life of the vehicle. No desire or reason to waste that. That is also the reason the ICE ban is on sales not a total ban on the road.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
You keep on with you petty rant about the crown (all because of some war hundreds of years ago that you were not a part of) and you are completely wrong. But hey you know better because Bill from OK knows everything. :cwl: :cwl: :cwl: :cwl:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
That's the thanks I get for supporting your psychotic one-man one-polution platform? You're on your own from now on.
Hello; I do not think he got what you were doing in that post. Perhaps he may go back and read it again. In a way it is funny that he missed it and in another way sort of sad.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hmmmm, I remember saying if the policies that you and your ilk prevail people won't be able to afford electricity and will have to resort to burning wood and or coal for heat. You then said coal will be banned.
Me and my ilk ????

As I have pointed out over and over (there is a theme going on here) I am not an extremist like you or Greta just a middle of the road ant as you like to call us.

I remember saying if the policies that you and your ilk prevail people won't be able to afford electricity and will have to resort to burning wood and or coal for heat. Exactly you did say this and it is not correct, my point exactly. Scaremongering talk just as bad as Greta.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Let me show my ignorance on this. Best I can figure is the Queen and the royals do not have any direct say in the running of the country day to day. They do have influence tho. There was a film made about the death of Diana. The prime Minister (Blair maybe) was shown as working with the Queen to present a public face.
Yes the royals are a figurehead in some ways and they do control substantial wealth. I do imagine the Queen can make a speech get an ear from the public.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hello; I do not think he got what you were doing in that post. Perhaps he may go back and read it again. In a way it is funny that he missed it and in another way sort of sad.
You just described part of his Dunning-Kruger experience: people know just enough to convince themselves that they completely grasp the topic, with results ranging from hilarious to painful.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
As Biden fights U.S. fuel production, American workers and consumers will suffer (msn.com)

Hello; This is a "follow the money" link mostly but with some environmental damage undertones.

quotes from the link:
"Even if Biden is trying to help the environment, he is doing the opposite. As described by Dan Kish, a senior fellow at the industry-backed Institute for Energy Research, Biden’s kibosh on domestic production, combined with his failure to oppose foreign operations, means that he is disfavoring drilling and transportation conducted under the “finest environmental controls in the world.” Other nations without adequate controls go about their merry ways, with Russian projects also producing 400,000 jobs filling energy needs that could be filled by Americans and Canadian production instead."

"The Left’s disdain for American fossil fuels is more akin to a cultish faith than it is the result of reason. Creating energy shortages here at home will do nothing to help the environment, but it will harm the U.S. economy and its security."

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
As Biden fights U.S. fuel production, American workers and consumers will suffer (msn.com)

Hello; This is a "follow the money" link mostly but with some environmental damage undertones.

quotes from the link:
"Even if Biden is trying to help the environment, he is doing the opposite. As described by Dan Kish, a senior fellow at the industry-backed Institute for Energy Research, Biden’s kibosh on domestic production, combined with his failure to oppose foreign operations, means that he is disfavoring drilling and transportation conducted under the “finest environmental controls in the world.” Other nations without adequate controls go about their merry ways, with Russian projects also producing 400,000 jobs filling energy needs that could be filled by Americans and Canadian production instead."

"The Left’s disdain for American fossil fuels is more akin to a cultish faith than it is the result of reason. Creating energy shortages here at home will do nothing to help the environment, but it will harm the U.S. economy and its security."
It is OK posting stuff like this, but it is just an opinion piece from a right wing paper who will slag off Biden whatever he does good or bad. It is a perfect example of 'follow the money' the money being from right wing conservatives who we know generally claim climate change is a hoax.

It is important to understand what the writers viewpoint is before you read it - and I'm afraid it is why the US media is in such a hole, where money from right or left extremes just pays for people to write what their audience want to hear.

It is worthless in this discussion as it is just as opinionated as Greta is - but in the opposite direction. Both are wrong

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
You just described part of his Dunning-Kruger experience: people know just enough to convince themselves that they completely grasp the topic, with results ranging from hilarious to painful.
There are a few on here like that including one who exclaimed he 'didn't understand all of the science but filled in the blanks with common sense' a few pages back.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
No I clearly explained the reason

You said you got rid of the dirty Ford Kuga and replaced it with a "clean" Ford Kuga PHEV. But all you did was add another ICE car to the road. The "dirty" car is still polluting the air with particulates and the very nasty Co2.

But you chastise me for wanting cheap energy to heat my house and for my car.
Sponsored