Sponsored

Anyone interested in an aftermarket solution to the oil line recall?

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
I'm working with a local shop to come up with a faster solution, instead of waiting months for Ford!!! PM me if you are interested. Pricing will probably be available in the next week or 2.....
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Have they even specified which line it is and what they are specifically doing?

With no reported failures, Ima wait for the OEM fix.

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
I've been to the track multiple times and have over 9k miles with no issue. If something fails, it's on ford, so I have no problem waiting for their fix.

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I'm no lawyer, but, as I recall, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act prevents Ford from invalidating their warranty, unless they can prove the consumer caused the conditions related to the warranty issue.

Meaning, if you change your oil line, and then bring your car in to get a water pump replaced under warranty, Ford has to honor the warranty, unless they can prove your oil line installation caused the issue with the water pump.

When I built my track car, which was far from stock, but had a completely stock engine and was still under warranty, I had an engine issue that the service writer first said can't be covered, until the manager came out. I told him the engine is bone stock and they covered the warranty issue without question.

OP
OP
84venom

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm no lawyer, but, as I recall, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act prevents Ford from invalidating their warranty, unless they can prove the consumer caused the conditions related to the warranty issue.

Meaning, if you change your oil line, and then bring your car in to get a water pump replaced under warranty, Ford has to honor the warranty, unless they can prove your oil line installation caused the issue with the water pump.

When I built my track car, which was far from stock, but had a completely stock engine and was still under warranty, I had an engine issue that the service writer first said can't be covered, until the manager came out. I told him the engine is bone stock and they covered the warranty issue without question.
Exactly!!!!

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I have to smirk at the timing of the first post and solution installed right as OE parts are on the verge of being widely available. I'm happy though if the aftermarket parts make you more confident.

OP
OP
84venom

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to smirk at the timing of the first post and solution installed right as OE parts are on the verge of being widely available. I'm happy though if the aftermarket parts make you more confident.
Yeah, not the best timing, but who says their "fix" is better than the original lines....????
Sponsored