Sponsored

Anyone Install Catted Headers w/ Mangnaflow Comp Catbacks?

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I recently installed the 19101's. They do sound great, I find myself going through the gears with as much power as possible to get up to speed in order to hear them sing.

I'm not sure I want to do this, but I am curious if anyone paired this exhuast with any headers and what you thought of the sound. I was looking at a couple of the long tube catted headers.

Thanks!
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
it will basically intensify what you have already.

if you like like, go for it

let me know if wecan help at all

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
I have the magnaflow comp catback paired with 1" 7/8 Arh off-road long tube headers and x pipe. I love the sound. I must said it is loud . I had the Arh set up with the Gibson catback and change to magnaflow because I did not like the harsh and hight pitch sound.

With the magnaflow comp it's a much deeper sound and if you paired it with lth with cats it's should sound really nice and deep and a little bit quieter than mine and that's not a bad thing!

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I have that setup, and yes it just slightly intensified it.

OP
OP
Pa-fatboy

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. That is on my build list now.

Sponsored

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
I'm waiting on a set of Stainless Works catted headers from Beefcake right now. I already have the Magnaflow Competition Cat-back installed, but I'm going to have to cut the x-pipe for the continuous 3" setup that Beefcake sells.

OP
OP
Pa-fatboy

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Please keep me posted! Good luck! I just got the first complement on my exhaust. That was nice to hear.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Has anyone else thought their magnaflow comp is to raspy at WOT or is it just me

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Has anyone else thought their magnaflow comp is to raspy at WOT or is it just me
I feel the same way. I actually just sold my magna flow comp catback I couldn't stand the drone at highway speed. Really disappointed with it

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
I feel the same way. I actually just sold my magna flow comp catback I couldn't stand the drone at highway speed. Really disappointed with it
The little drone I can deal with, eliminated most of it with some adjustable j pipes, a d I love the sound as long as I don't go wot. Even if I'm only 50-60% throttle at 6500rpm it isn't supper raspy but something about peddle to the floor makes me hate the tone, course our motors are naturally raspy right?

Sponsored

dbranger94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT
The little drone I can deal with, eliminated most of it with some adjustable j pipes, a d I love the sound as long as I don't go wot. Even if I'm only 50-60% throttle at 6500rpm it isn't supper raspy but something about peddle to the floor makes me hate the tone, course our motors are naturally raspy right?
I think part of the rasp is because the exhaust is so straight and has so few bends. The IRS eliminates several 90 degree bends that previous models had that may have helped to tune the exhaust note.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
It's a 3" straight through muffler man, there's going to be rasp. I bought this setup not really hearing it, but going off my old Fox body. The Fox sounded amazing coupled with a nice cam, x pipe and magnapacks.
Obviously different motor, different diameter. It still has the nice deep low throttle, but doesn't scream as nice and clean as my Fox did. I also hoped for the old cackle n pop from a decel. It wasn't apparent until I installed my Kenne Bell.
Aside from drone, I'm happy with my system overall

OP
OP
Pa-fatboy

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Good discussion. Thanks. Sorry, I have to ask, what does WOT stand for?

I am just now getting a few days where I can drive with the windows down. I do not mind drone. I like the sounds of the competition that I hear so far. I definitely want some more volume and a bit of crackle and pop. I have to wait until end of June for a track day I am signed up for. My first one. My pit crew will be recording it. I am really interested in what it sounds like wide open on a track. I found one video of a mustang at Laguna with the competition system. That car sounded awesome. He must have been running headers though.

A set of catted long tubes are on my list. I am disappointed I had to spend the money I did to learn that my personal preference is much louder than what was delivered. My car does not sound like the ones in the videos MF posted. That is what I wanted. To many things ahead of another $1,300 searching for my exhuast note. On the list, but doubtful I'll get that deep into the list. Maybe I'll luck into a used set!

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Wide Open Throttle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pa-fatboy

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I have had a few chances to listen to my magnaflow at WOT. The sound completely changes from a nice deep rumble to mid to high pitched tinny sound. I thought to myself when I heard it for the first time, 'Is that my mustang yelling like I grabbed his balls and squeezed tight?'. I did it first in front of friends. From that point, I wanted to confirm I heard what I thought I did.

I don't know if the perfect system exists. Take manga flow sound from idle to mid range, add volume, and then add something else at WOT. I definitely do not want to spend another $1,300 on headers to see if that gets the sound where I want it until I hear it.

The last couple years I was rolling around with a pair of Roush axle backs connected to a 2014 GT. That sound was at least twice as pound as the cat back magnaflow system on the 2016. I don't understand how that is possible when I know the magnaflow system has almost no baffling. It's a 3" stainless from the cats out the rear. I was wondering is it the open flow with x pipe that has almost no restriction that softens the sound?

I don't understand all the auditory impacting sounds/flow in play to make sense of it for me.
Sponsored