Sponsored

Anyone going to Laguna Seca Feb 3?

braco427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2006 BMW 330i
I just signed up with ncracing.org, wandering if any local Gt350 owners are going?

They still have space if anyone is interested. Looks like weather will be good.
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I’m sick of Laguna Secas sound restrictions. Do you know what the limits are that day? Really like NCRC though. Great group.

EDIT: Just checked NCRC’s website, and it looks like a 90 dB day.

-T

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
Just signed up last minute yesterday. I’m using Grimmspeed’s “exhaust defeat” device to keep valves closed at all times on my R. Never been to Laguna, can’t wait!

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I went there in november with the 90db limit. the next day SpeedSF had an UNlimited sound day... FML
SpeedSF is a little more expensive but the gotbluemilk photo company provides free pictures (i believe they have a sponsporship with speedsf).
Im going with speedsf next time there's an unlimited sound day.

Last edited:

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just signed up last minute yesterday. I’m using Grimmspeed’s “exhaust defeat” device to keep valves closed at all times on my R. Never been to Laguna, can’t wait!
Have you run with those in before? It's a weird feeling not being able to hear the engine note. I used them at LS and ran full tilt without tripping sound. Takes quite a bit to get used to the lack of engine sound when shifting, etc. Luckily my solid seat mount transferred a harmonic vibration at 8k, so I knew when to shift :lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP

braco427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2006 BMW 330i
Sweet. Look forward to seeing you there. I've only been there once and it was raining, I am looking forward to trying a dry track.

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you run with those in before? It's a weird feeling not being able to hear the engine note. I used them at LS and ran full tilt without tripping sound. Takes quite a bit to get used to the lack of engine sound when shifting, etc. Luckily my solid seat mount transferred a harmonic vibration at 8k, so I knew when to shift :lol:
No just put them in last night. Took a quick drive around my neighborhood and it seemed loud enough to be able to hear but I wouldn't be surprised if it's hard to hear at the track. It will be very different than my 16 tech pack that had long tubes and no cats:)

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet. Look forward to seeing you there. I've only been there once and it was raining, I am looking forward to trying a dry track.
Stop by and say hi. I'll be there with 3-4 other mustangs. I'll have the black R. See you there.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Do you need one or two of them? Any issues installing them. The instructions on the website make it sounds pretty easy.

Here is the link for those looking for them:
http://www.grimmspeed.com/exhaust-valve-defeat-module/

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you need one or two of them? Any issues installing them. The instructions on the website make it sounds pretty easy.

Here is the link for those looking for them:
http://www.grimmspeed.com/exhaust-valve-defeat-module/
Yes you need on both sides to keep valves closed. It is remarkably easy to install granted you buy extra pigtails to have much better access. I read a tip on TMO and it helped so much. Here are part numbers:
FR3Z 14A411 H Drivers Side
FR3Z 14A411 J Passenger Side

You can probably access this area without jacking the car up at all and it's a quick disconnect of the current pigtail, connect the new one, and connect the module in the end of the new pigtail. Zip tie it up and you're done. I can post pictures if needed but trust me it is SO damn simple.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Never heard of that defeat device before, but will definitely check it out. Would be awesome if Ford would do a software update to enable “Laguna Mode” that would keep the valves closed all the time. Would love to get back to Laguna more often.

Edit: just checked out the grimmspeed website, and I found it ironic that they advertise these as a way to keep the exhaust loud all time, but we plan to use them in the opposite manner. They should advertise that use case as well!

Regarding the pigtails mentioned above, if you are swapping between the defeat device and the valves, would the pigtails make a difference? Seems like you would need to reach the valves all the time anyway. Do the pigtails just provide more cable length to help tie it down?

-T

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
My wife and I just spent the weekend in Carmel and got home yesterday. It was 76F over there and it really got me thinking that I should sign up for this!

What better track day than to spend a Winter Saturday on the track... in mid 70's weather!!!

So... I JUST did!! I'll be headed back early Sat morning! I'm still a newbie, so I'll be in the Solo group unless they send me to the Driving School group because I'm really really slow!

Feel free to pass me at turn 6!!! ;)

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never heard of that defeat device before, but will definitely check it out. Would be awesome if Ford would do a software update to enable “Laguna Mode” that would keep the valves closed all the time. Would love to get back to Laguna more often.

Edit: just checked out the grimmspeed website, and I found it ironic that they advertise these as a way to keep the exhaust loud all time, but we plan to use them in the opposite manner. They should advertise that use case as well!

Regarding the pigtails mentioned above, if you are swapping between the defeat device and the valves, would the pigtails make a difference? Seems like you would need to reach the valves all the time anyway. Do the pigtails just provide more cable length to help tie it down?

-T
Pigtails make it easier to plug back in and enable the opening of the valves because you don't have to reach the clip that is right on the muffler which is (apparently) a pain in a$$. I wouldn't know because I can reach under and simply swap the cable where it's easily accessible using the pigtail. You definitely do not need the pigtail but it makes switching it back and forth easier. And it was worth the extra ~$40 for me for the parts because I'm planning on running LS twice this month but want to hear my exhaust in between then. Once again, this is assuming it works.

I will also eventually put my long tubes on (not sure about cats or not) and am curious how loud it will be using this module.

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife and I just spent the weekend in Carmel and got home yesterday. It was 76F over there and it really got me thinking that I should sign up for this!

What better track day than to spend a Winter Saturday on the track... in mid 70's weather!!!

So... I JUST did!! I'll be headed back early Sat morning! I'm still a newbie, so I'll be in the Solo group unless they send me to the Driving School group because I'm really really slow!

Feel free to pass me at turn 6!!! ;)
Sweet! I'll see you there. I'll probably be in same class. By the way SpeedSF is hosting at Laguna on Feb 19th and I also plan on going that day if anyone else is interested. I'll have caster/camber plates and my MGW shifter in by then and possibly e85 tune so I'm curious to see how much I can drop my times.

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Pigtails make it easier to plug back in and enable the opening of the valves because you don't have to reach the clip that is right on the muffler which is (apparently) a pain in a$$. I wouldn't know because I can reach under and simply swap the cable where it's easily accessible using the pigtail. You definitely do not need the pigtail but it makes switching it back and forth easier. And it was worth the extra ~$40 for me for the parts because I'm planning on running LS twice this month but want to hear my exhaust in between then. Once again, this is assuming it works.
Thanks for all the info! I am a frequent visitor to LS and the pigtails seem like a worthy investment. All I need now is for Ford to get on with building my GT350! Hopefully see you guys out there sometime in summer/fall.
Sponsored