Sponsored

Anyone else hear this from their engine?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
With 6 miles, is it still in factory transport mode?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It's not fast enough to be something rotating internally. Almost sounds like air escaping from a blow off valve.

Some guys experienced a pop from the intake on shut off intermittently from air pressure. My car did it when I unplugged the throttle position sensor during a part install. Took a few drive cycles for it to relearn itself. I think you have something loose or the throttle body is learning itself.

Are you in a cold climate or high elevation? Check all your sensors to be sure they are attached and see if the noise is originating from the throttle body. I would almost bet my lunch that is where it's coming from
Logical analysis, as are your questions. I am in a cold climate. The engine was not fully warmed up in that clip and it was less than 40* outside. I'll have the wife shut the car off a few times so I can stand right over the engine and place my hands where I sense anything. I'll also verify underhood connections, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Listen to about 13:25 on, specifically around 13:28. There's a sound that I think sounds similar to that that you can hear. Could it be the CMCV's sticking? I believe the 350 IM has them.
I can't tell over all the fun they were having!

With 6 miles, is it still in factory transport mode?
I'll be in a position to answer that when Mother Nature decides to cooperate.

Last edited:

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
are you blipping the gas pedal each time before that noise?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sounds like it could be the exhaust valve trying to find home but getting caught and slamming shut, weird it still made the sound on shutoff

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
It's not fast enough to be something rotating internally. Almost sounds like air escaping from a blow off valve.

Some guys experienced a pop from the intake on shut off intermittently from air pressure. My car did it when I unplugged the throttle position sensor during a part install. Took a few drive cycles for it to relearn itself. I think you have something loose or the throttle body is learning itself.

Are you in a cold climate or high elevation? Check all your sensors to be sure they are attached and see if the noise is originating from the throttle body. I would almost bet my lunch that is where it's coming from
Subscribing to this theory.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I've heard a sound like that once. I was driving the car pretty hard and pulled into the driveway and shut it off. While the engine was off, I heard that sound. I started it back up and took it for a easy cruise to let the car cool down and never heard it again.

Gils4433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
double check where the noise is coming from; i had an exhaust valve actuator/solenoid go crazy on me on day 1; it was trying to open/close repeatedly, even after shutoff...dealer replaced entire cat back

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
As with other odd noises, it came and went.

:shrug:

uastone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT350 Tech Pack
I've been hearing a similar sound - I'd describe it as a sort of plinking or clinking - from the front right of the engine bay. I've got 2000 miles on my GT350, and I've been hearing it since at least 1200 miles or so...though it might have been since I got the car.

I notice it after I've been driving it, and then shut it off or idle it in my parking garage. The sound reoccurs less frequently than in the OP's video, though, maybe once every 30 or 45 seconds. I probably just need to take it in and have them check it out.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Sounds like IRC is acting up. See if the noise is coming from there.