Sponsored

Anyone else have this problem with diode dynamics led side marker

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
Parts of the led side marker lights are burnt out, anyone else have this issue? Not only that I can't seam to find them on there site !! Not a happy camper:frusty:
Sponsored

Sithel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

dfrost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp Guard.
Yes. I'm on my third set...and now this..again.
First set replaced due to the RF thing... second due to LEDs out, a
Now this set as of Sunday.
Installed correct, and never go through car washes.
DD/CJPP customer service has been great. But I'm really not happy about it.
IMAG0573.jpg

Sponsored

GagneGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat, 2018 Road Glide Special, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Same issue here, Drivers side was bad out of the box, Now the replacement has same problem

R2 AUTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I ordered mine when they first came out...I haven't had a single issue with mine. I keep looking at them waiting for something to go out because so many people had issues at first but no problems. Just email them. I have been dealing with them since they came on the scene and have never had any issues with their products.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I am on my first replacement, also my drivers side. Diode takes good care of us, but I hope this one doesnt burn out either.

Hopefully it was just a bad batch that they've since corrected...

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
My first set I had RF troubles with and DD replaced them after getting the shielding done.

My second set were on for about two months when, as others, the driver's side had an LED go out (within the past week). One email to DD and with in 20 minutes I had a response and a Return Authorization set up and an order placed for replacements. I understand they had an issue with some of them not getting sealed properly, allowing moisture inside the lamp and killing LED's...

While I'm not thrilled to replace them again, I can't say enough about DD customer service!

OP
OP
Slyfox

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
E-mailed them and they took care of me ,I have new ones to be sent. they said they had an issue with a batch and are investigating the problem.

Sponsored

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Yep. Same here, and identical placement on the burned out bulb. I hope the replacement I got is ok. I'd hate to install these a third time.

101charley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charley
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic, 400A, 6AT, 3.55, MBRP Street
No issues at all with mine. Except removing the original Ford piece was next to impossible.

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Hope mine do shit the bed

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I know DD is great about replacing them but there are a lot of people having the issue, sometimes set after set. Can they please look into how they are sealed and improve it? Moister/water is causing this. My drivers side has LEDs out just haven't had them RMA it yet.

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
I just replaced them and have no issues so far. That said i haven't washed my car since i installed them. I am planning to wash my car this weekend and really scared now, since the issue is related to moisture. :confused:

We have 3 cars and so far i have installed it only in 1 car, second car installing tomorrow, 3rd car early next month and have a 4th one coming after a couple of months. :)

What worries me now is, that just postage itself will cost us a fortune if we have to replace them so frequently. :(
Moreover i did not have a good experience with Phillip recently who seems to be the primary contact on the email address contact@. :mad:

He has big ego, presumes customers are dumb as and will accept anything and everything he says. In other words, he (in most polite and diplomatic way) asked me to "F*** off" :mad:
when he tried to overcharge me in postage, instead of fixing the glitch in their system, which he eventually did when i refused to pay extra 9 dollars in postage. Why not fix it if you can, but i guess he finds it easy to overcharge the customer instead, as a quick fix. Nice customer service. Yes i am being sarcastic.;)

And this is after you buy a bulk load of LEDs from them for 3 cars - almost everything except the Fog Lights and DRLs for EU versions which they don't make or their FOG lights are too expensive for EU versions. It appears and i noticed recently that their discount coupons emailed did not work at first and the next coupon emailed seems to be adding way lot more in postage than the discount offered by these codes if they work.
I have also dealt with Steve and so far i have no issues with Steve but i am not sure if it will change based on the position of Phillip in the company. :shrug:

Either way time to make decision, the quality of the product was main reason i wanted to buy from a known brand and thats why we ignored all the cheaper quality options and ordered the whole KIT from Diode Dynamics for our cars. However it appears these markers may have a quality issue and hence they are not listed on their website anymore.

In my case what makes it worse is a bad customer service experience on top of this. Wondering if we should simply return the unused side markers back for full refund because there are known issues with this item. :shrug:
Sponsored

Last edited: